Thursday 7 January 2016

Chapter thirty-seven

Becca
Rebecca, you've made the right choice.
I peered into his wonderful brown eyes as he hastily shut his bedroom door with the swift kick of his foot before shifting toward the bed and placing me down gently. His wonderful scent enclosed me rapidly, causing me to inhale with a smile. He hovered over me and proceeded to kiss my neck and face. I sighed and closed my eyes, enjoying the feel of his soft lips on my skin once again. It had been a long time, and I craved a moment like this to prosper. He breathed on my lips and kissed me gently. I responded instantly, hungrily nibbling on his bottom lip. He soon pulled away, and I felt him smile against my neck.
"What was all that about?" he whispered.
I returned the smile. "I've missed you so much," I muttered. I held him close to me and felt very protective. I never wanted to let him go. Ever.
His chest rumbled as he laughed, bringing his face closer to mine before kissing me once more. "I was just about to work out," he announced.
I groaned inwardly. I imagined him topless; benching weights and grunting in satisfaction as he did so. With each rep, he'd work even faster, sweat rolling off his face in intervals and his muscles contracting. I sighed at the vivid image.
"Let me help you." I kissed his tender lips and allowed my hands to wander to his crotch accidentally on purpose.
He quickly pulled away and gave me a look. "Becc's?"
"Ty?" I replied in the same tone. He is so sexy; I just wanted to take him on. If he was willing to comply, I won't waste any time. I spun over to ensure that I was on top and rested on his frame comfortably. He peered up at me with curiosity in his eyes.
"You feeling alright?" he questioned, giving me an odd look.
"Never better." I slid my hands underneath his white vest and rubbed his firm packs. I bit my lip, aware of the slight frustration as it began to build gradually within me. The all too familiar sensation between my thighs was beginning to grow; I knew eventually it would become unbearable. This would be dangerous for the both of us; however I wanted him badly.
He allowed my hands to caress his firm torso for a few minutes. I thought quietly to myself, wondering if I should just reveal exactly what was on my mind. How would he react? Would it be a bad time? I then took a deep breath to calm my frazzled mind.
"I love you, Tyreece."
He remained perfectly still at first, then extended his arm to swipe my fringe out of the way and get a clear view of my face. Probably thought I was bluffing. "You mean that?" he asked quietly.
I continued running my hands over his abs slowly, enjoying the feel of each crevice. My mind was quite hazardous at the moment.
"I can prove it." I bent down and kissed his neck. He laughed and stroked my back in return.
"You don't have to prove anything," he assured quietly.
"I want to," I insisted.
He frowned slightly. "I've already taken advantage of you once. I can't let it happen again."
"We both know that was a beautiful mistake," I countered with a grin. I swear I love this guy; he has no idea how much. I needed to prove to him—and myself—that he was the right one for me.
We've been going strong for a couple months now, and he's done nothing but make me smile. I owed him something...anything. He needs to understand that no-one else can compare to him. No-one! Tyreece was mine and I was his. I wanted to seal the deal and give him one of the most precious things that I owned: my virginity.
I began to unbuckle his belt, but was stopped halfway as he clasped onto my hands.
"Becc's..."

"C'mon." I smiled and he shook his head, giving a stern look.
"Are you okay?"
"Why wouldn't I be?" I chuckled, but my smile didn't seem to convince him. "What's with all the questions? Are we gonna do this or not?" I frowned slightly. Images of Kayden and I sharing that wonderful kiss a few days ago caused a pang of guilt to rush through me in an instant. For another pair of lips to touch mine other than Ty's, it was already considered cheating. I'd feel so distraught if he was to kiss another bitch; in fact I'd probably injure him and throw him in the bin.
What happened was way beyond my control, it wasn't even intentional. I wasn't a cheater, I was loyal. It was eating me up, the fact that I allowed something like that to happen. Perhaps I was weak, or maybe I missed him too much, even though I had convinced myself that I didn't. No...I didn't miss him at all. I despise the bastard.
So why did I allow that kiss to happen?
My lip trembled as I began to realise just how stupid I’ve been. I knew I should've stormed out the moment I realised Kayden was the one who saved me from the incident. It would have prevented all of the arguments and sexual tension between us from happening. I would've kept my dignity intact.
"Ty..." I urged.
He noticed my change in emotion and sat up. "What's happened to you?"
I peered into his innocent eyes. He was so oblivious about what I had done a couple days ago. He had no idea. I sighed in dismay and shook my head.
"Nothing," I mumbled.
I pried his shirt off and surprisingly he let me. My heart began to ache at our imminent activity. I kissed him and felt the tears fall; they cascaded my cheeks as he held onto me. I swallowed hard and kissed him deeper. He had to know that I was only his; I belonged to him and vice versa. I could stay dedicated for as long as this relationship is willing to last. I couldn't shake the guilty feeling from my mind; it was bugging me and making me feel so low. He held my shoulders and broke the kiss to gaze at me suspiciously.
"Why are you crying?"
I remained silent and ignored his question. I wanted to give him my all, and he won't even allow me to. I took my top off and flung it down on the floor. Why won't he comply? He needs to comprehend the message that I was trying to send. I was getting frustrated that he always refused to please me sexually, no matter how much I begged. I shouldn't even have to beg.
"Please..." I murmured. I wasn't one to beg, but it was only right that he accepted, I needed this right now.
He watched me for a moment; it was obvious he had no clue what I was crying about. He used his thumb to wipe the stray tear away, and then kissed me. I sighed in relief and closed my eyes. He turned over and continued to kiss me; it didn't take long for me to be captivated by our bodily contact. I embraced his feel and relaxed. I shivered under his touch as he ran his hands over the surface of my arms, creating various goosebumps on my heated skin. I breathed heavily, well aware that my nerves were beginning to get the better of me. He kissed my neck and ran his finger over the waistband of my jeans.
"Are you sure?"
I watched him with watery eyes. It's like he didn't deserve me at all, and he had no idea that he wasn't the only one on my mind. I nodded once. He gave a weak smile and proceeded to kiss me all over. I locked my legs around his waist and wrapped my arms around his neck simultaneously. As he began to grind on me; I closed my eyes and pictured Kayden, right there in the moment.
Memories flashed in my mind and I soon became distant as to what was actually happening. I remembered all of the times that Kayden would willingly please me and make me feel so happy. I never left his side, and he would always be so understanding and gentle. I adored his passionate nature and considerate attitude as well.
I noticed Ty's movement had stopped and opened my eyes to witness him watching me inquisitively.
"Becc's? Nah man." He got off me and picked up my discarded top. It was only then when I realised that my cheeks were now completely wet with foolish tears.
I sat up and winced at my pounding forehead and aching chest. It's been awhile since I felt low, especially with Tyreece as company. It was evident that as soon as Kayden’s involved, everything fucks up.
He handed my top over and I quickly slipped it on. Using the back of my hand, I dried my cheeks and dabbed my eyes with the sleeves of my top. I sighed and his eyes focused on me with a questioning gaze. I had become so emotional and I had no actual idea why. This wasn't like me at all; Tyreece knew, and I knew. However, I couldn't justify it. There was no explanation for my tears, but I was so unsettled and apprehensive about my current situation.
Tyreece sat at the edge of the bed and continued to glare at me. "I'm worried about you."
I peered into his knowing eyes before glancing away again. I found it so hard to keep general eye-contact with him now. Regret clouded my whole face, making me seem all the more suspicious. I just wanted to forget about Kayden and his entire existence. I was hoping that making love with Ty would take my mind off him, but instead it made things a lot worse, and we hadn't even undressed yet. Kayden was overshadowing every other possible thought that was in my mind right now. It was almost painful the way I could still remember his wonderful scent, his smile, and every single word he said to me so lovingly.
"I don't know what to do," I muttered, mainly to myself.
"Tell me about it. I can help you."
"You wouldn't understand, Ty."
"At least give me chance, I’m a good listener."
I slowly hook my head and sighed. "I'll be fine, just going through some confusing shit right now."
"So confusing that you can't tell me?"
I glimpsed at him. His body language changed completely; his upper body had pivoted slightly, allowing him to face me properly. He wore a frown that showed nothing but worry and concern. When I didn't reply, he clambered further onto the bed, sitting beside me with his back rested on the headboard. This time, I was able to look him in the eye without any difficulties. He stared back, trying to figure out the main emotion that I was feeling.
Guilt.

He was finding it challenging to read me, I could tell. I wasn't about to say anything, it would just complicate the situation even more. All I wanted right now was silence; I needed time to think to myself. I had to think of a way to overcome this barrier that was destroying our relationship.
He pulled me closer towards him, allowing me to rest my head on his shoulder. I breathed deeply and closed my eyes to soothe my thoughts. I was sick of being stressed; I wasn't usually about this life. I remember the days of being so carefree and having that “I Don't Give A Fuck” mentality. Now look, I'd transformed into a miserable adolescent.
Tyreece began to run his fingertips on my forearm gently. I shuddered and opened my eyes to view him. He was watching me the entire time, probably still trying to get to the bottom of my odd behaviour. He would never find out.
"It's gonna be okay," he said, as if he had read my mind.
I smiled gently. "I hope so."
It fell silent again after that. We were surrounded by a calm stillness, and I drifted there, welcoming such peace. For a brief second, I enjoyed the way Ty and I were: inactive, yet harmonious. I locked my fingers in his and he stroked my hand with his thumb. I watched our hands, wondering if I was certain that Ty's hands were the only hands that I would want to hold...for a long period of time.
Our fingers were locked securely, and it seemed right, like the perfect pair of jigsaws to end the puzzle. I was still young, and already beginning to doubt commitment. Then again, I did love Tyreece. I was sure that there was definitely something there. I felt it. I shook my head to rid of the annoying thoughts clouding my brain and stared at our connected hands.
"Rebecca..."
I noticed the soft voice and turned to him. "Yeah?"
"I love you too."
Kayden

I had been parked outside my house for almost an hour now. The same house I had been brought up in, and have the most sacred memories of. Same house where all my loved ones resided, the very ones who I had abandoned for such a long period of time. I felt so stupid sat here contemplating whether to enter or not. I felt my hands subconsciously clutch onto the steering wheel even tighter than before. My chest became heavy and my eyes narrowed. I let myself and everyone else down. I had changed. I had changed a great deal, and it was so pathetic.
The smooth subtle voice of Al Green played quietly in the background. I peered at the radio and decided to take out the CD. The noise was too distracting, and I was too preoccupied with my own thoughts. I put the CD back in the glove compartment and rested my head on the headrest, taking a deep breath.
"Where did I go wrong?" I asked myself quietly.
I looked back towards the still house. It seemed as if there was no life inside; all the lights appeared to be off and there was no noise. I was sceptical of going inside. In reality I should want to rush in there to greet whoever was in. However, I was certain that I wasn't clear out of the woods yet. There was no way I could continue living life normally, knowing full well that I had harmed two people in the space of a month—one being a police man. I knew that eventually karma would come back around swiftly and fuck me over.
I closed my eyes and exhaled, angry at myself that I was still sat here, but even angrier at the fact that I let Ree go. I allowed her to leave without much of a fight. I told her the truth, I was submissive and gave her insight to some things that I would never give to other people, but it wasn't enough. Now she knew that I was the cause of Leon's death, but that didn't seem to bother her the most. I'm not gonna pretend that her being with someone else doesn't cut me deep, cos it does. I was more than disappointed, but at myself. I always thought I knew Becc's inside and out, but after our 'reunion' it was evident she had changed drastically. I didn't know her at all anymore.
And it was all my fault.
There's no-one else to blame about this other than myself. I admit I made mistakes, I have my flaws. I wasn't expecting for Rebecca to forgive me straight away. My actions caused all of this, and now that things had been altered, I had no choice but to accept the consequences. I opened my eyes and shut the sun roof. After switching the radio off, I took a deep breath and left the car, slamming the door and crossing the road to my house.
I fished into my pocket and fumbled around for the rusted keys and fixed my hat before opening the door. The house was eerily silent. Although the passage light was on, it seemed as if there was no-one in. Everything still remained the same, which wasn't much of a surprise. I closed the door behind me and scoped around. I felt like I didn't belong anymore, as if this wasn't my home. Had it really been that long since I left? I knew that it would be impossible to stay here longer than necessary. The plan was to grab a few more clothes and bring them back to the flat.
I noticed a pile of letters by the table. I picked them up and noticed they were all addressed to me. Some to do with work, others were bank statements. I folded them and placed them in my pocket. I then felt a presence. I looked up to see him stood at the top of the stairs, peering at me in disbelief: the same look Ree had given me.
"Zaine..."
He watched me suspiciously, as if he had no idea who I was. He made no sudden movement. He dropped the Xbox controller that was held in his hand, causing it to fall down the stairs and land at the bottom; batteries out and all. Other than that it was silent. I stepped closer and walked up the stairs. He took a few steps back in panic, but it didn't stop me advancing towards him.
"C'mere," I said softly.
He paused and stared me in the eye, cautious of my presence. I then pulled him into me and held him. Straight away his arms clasped around me as he held me tight. It fell silent again, with the occasional sniffs and sobbing on Zaine's part.
"I thought you died," he muttered suddenly. I released him and noticed his tear-stained cheeks and glossy eyes.
"I had to sort out a couple things."
He sniffed again. "Mum and dad was looking everywhere for you, and you didn't come back, so I thought you was dead."
I shook my head. "It ain't that serious. It's alright Zay. I'm here now." He sniffed once more. "Ey, you're a big man now, stop the crying yeah?" He wiped his cheek with the back of his hand and nodded. I ruffled his bushy hair and sighed. Seems like I’m making everyone cry lately. "You here alone?"
He nodded a second time. "Mum and dad went to the shop and said I shouldn't answer the door to anyone."
This was more than perfect. I could get what I needed now, then quickly leave, before they got back.
"It's okay; I'll be gone in a few minutes."
His face dropped. "But you just got here."
"I can't stay. I'm involved in some dangerous stuff right now. I don't want you lot getting hurt because of it. I need to leave." I headed to my room and opened the chestnut wardrobe. Most of my clothes were inside, and a few tools that I could put into good use. I retrieved my duffle bag from the back of the wardrobe and opened it up, then began to fold some clothes and place it inside. I felt Zaine's presence as he stood in the doorway watching me intently.
"You said it wasn't that serious..." he began.
"Yeah."
"So why are you leaving again?"
"To make sure you lot remain safe." I stuffed my Adidas tracksuit inside and picked out a couple trainers.
"What am I supposed to tell mum and dad?"
"You don't say anything," I answered.
His lip twisted in confusion. "What?"
"I mean it Zay. They can't know I was here. It would make everything worse."
"They need to know you're alive," he countered.
"I won't be gone that long." He frowned slightly and I continued packing. After a few minutes I realised he was still stood there, giving me an odd glance. "What?"
"Where did you go?"
I shook my head. "You don't need to know."
"I bet it was somewhere far."
I opened my first drawer and packed some underwear and socks, completely ignoring his comment. "Just leave me for abit yeah? I need to finish this."
He sighed and slowly slipped away, heading back into his room. I continued packing and opened the second drawer, immediately drawn to a pair of purple frenchies that rested on top of my folded shirt. I picked it up and realised exactly who it belonged to...
"Oi prick."
I ignored her completely and continued reloading. Call of Duty was one of them games that got my adrenaline going; could almost feel it coursing through my veins and into my bloodstream. I actually felt like I was in the game and seeing as I have a history of gun use, it seemed realistic enough for me. I swapped my rifle for a sniper and smirked. Some motherfuckers will get it today!
"Ey, I know you can hear me!" She kicked my back.
I turned to glance at Ree, who was sat against the headboard smiling at me sweetly, knowing full well that she was beginning to piss me off.
"Don't think I won't leave this game to destroy you," I threatened. She shrugged and continued typing on my laptop. "You nearly finished your coursework?"
"No, and I don't intend to. Miss Lawman can suck my balls."
I rolled my eyes and faced the TV once again. I threw a grenade at the group of men below the balcony. They blew up and I laughed to myself. I had the most points and the biggest kill streak so far, which was satisfying enough for me.
"So you wanna fail your A Levels yeah?" I asked.
"Kayden, dear boy, you know I don't give two shits."
I shook my head and chuckled. Rebecca was stubborn, and once her mind was made up, that's it. I hid in the top building with my sniper and waited for the mandem in the other team to fall right into my trap.
"When you gonna stop playing that game? I'm bored."
"Why don't you finish your coursework?"
"Fuck you, that's why."
I breathed deeply and eventually turned the console off. After putting the game and controller away, I threw Ree the remote and went to my bottom drawer, taking out the rizla and crow. I brought it to the windowsill and opened the window. I lined the crow up and poured it onto the thin rizla, then licked the edge and began rolling it. I heard Rebecca flick through the Freeview channels, and then she paused.
"Ahh, American Pie's on." I watched as she closed my laptop and lay back, gradually getting comfortable underneath my covers.
"Now you'll shut your mouth for once," I said.
She laughed. "Fuck you Kayden. Come join me."
"Busy," I muttered, rolling my second zoot. I liked to prepare at least 5 before I started. Not to go through them all at once, but to preserve some for another time.
She tutted to herself. "I wish Shubdi was here. He wouldn't neglect me for a game or a bit of weed, he's amazing."
"Why don't you go fuck him then?" I asked sarcastically as I finished yet another zoot. I sat at the edge of the bed and continued rolling. She kissed her teeth long and loud and I smirked. I loved whenever she was vexed, or when she had a slight temper, it was such a turn on. I enjoyed our banter, and I knew eventually we'd end up having angry sex.
"You're such a prick," she hissed.
"Shhh. I'm rolling."
"I don't care. You've been pissing me off all day! Do you know who I am? Female DON, you need to pay attention when I talk to you."
"Not when I'm doing this." She kissed her teeth again then kicked me in the back.
"Don't get bright Kayden!"
"Ree..."

"Don't ‘Ree’ me! You think you're bad, I'll put you in your place!" She then began to kick me with both feet. My bed began to rock as her kicks hardened. She struck me in the arm, causing me to drop the zoot. It opened and all the contents fell out onto my carpet.
"Fuck man!"
She laughed at me and continued kicking. "Good! That's what you ge-..."
I quickly spun around and grabbed onto both of her ankles, then yanked her forward so she was at the edge of the bed. She laughed and tried prying her ankle from my grip, but I held on tighter.
"Owww! Kayden man! Let go, you prick!"
"You owe me some crow Ree. Do you know how much that cost?"
"You're hurting my ankleeee."
"Say sorry."
She screwed deeply. "Fuck you."
I then lay on top of her and released her ankles to hold her wrists instead to prevent her from hitting me. She struggled to move beneath me. I held her arms above her head firmly.
"You're so fat," she complained as I rested my entire weight on her deliberately.
"Why you so difficult, Becc's? Always rude."
"Suck my clit!"
"See what I mean." She tried head-butting me but I pushed her back down. "I need to teach you a lesson."
"This is your fault! You could've co-operated with me but instead you wanted to act like a prick."
"Shh." I kissed her neck. I could easily have my way with her—as usual—but this time I had other plans. She quietened down immediately as soon as my lips connected with hers. I sucked on her bottom lip and trailed my way back to her neck. Her body relaxed and she exhaled deeply as I released her wrists and ripped her blouse open, kissing my way down her body. She breathed slowly as I massaged her flat stomach and kissed her belly button. She shut her legs and shook her head.
"Kayden don't," she begged.
I gripped her thighs open and noticed her purple French knickers showing. I smiled at the sight. "You know I can do things to your body that others can't."
She whimpered in protest as I pulled her skirt up to view the underwear. I licked my lips at the sight of her exposed inner thighs, and what lay between them. Using my thumb I pressed down on her clit, clearly visible through the soft material. Her whole body shivered in response and she bit her lip.
"These the knickers I bought you?" I questioned. She stuttered a groan as I ran my thumb all around her sensitive spot. "I'm the only one who can touch you here," I whispered. She gripped onto the sheets tightly. With her eyes shut and her nibbling on her bottom lip hungrily, I wanted nothing more than to be inside her.
"Please..." she muttered.
Already she wanted to play, and I was willing to oblige. However, she had to be taught a lesson. I bent down to ensure that I was closer to my favourite spot. It was evident that she was soaking, all through her underwear. I stroked the wet area, smirking to myself at the fact that I had already got her where I wanted her. Using my teeth, I clamped onto the side of the knickers and slowly pulled them off. Once they were removed I kissed the inside of her thighs, gradually moving upwards. She was ticklish but tried her best to contain her excitement.
I rubbed her clit with my thumb and blew onto it. She shivered and arched her back in desire. I smiled at the faces she made. Her juices began to flow and I watched it all take place. I wanted to be inside, and feel the warmth of what I owned, but I knew she wasn't ready—and I'd never rush her into anything she wasn't comfortable with. I spread her legs further apart and began to slap her area gently, she jumped at the impact and tried to move away, but I held her thighs firmly and pulled her back into place.
"K-Kayden..." she stuttered. "I'm sensitive."
"You need to learn a lesson," I whispered. She knew she had been a bad girl, she needed discipline; and I was the one to give it to her.
Each slap made her shudder, and eventually my sheets were soaked with her wetness. Part of me wanted to lick her up; she looked so delicious, but I had to refrain myself. Her pussy lips contracted and she breathed heavily. I stopped and watched her shudder.
"Are you gonna say sorry?" I questioned. She shook her head and I pinned both of her thighs down. She groaned and threw her head back as I blew onto her clit once again. She shivered and I rubbed on her clit vigorously. She began to wriggle beneath my touch; it was evident that she couldn't take anymore. "You're a stubborn girl, Ree."
She moaned quietly. I pushed two fingers inside and she stiffened.
"Ahhh shit!" Her eyes tightened.
I smiled at her reaction. The feel of her was amazing: so silky and moist. I loved the way her pussy expanded to the right shape to ensure my fingers could slide in and out of her with ease. Her breathing pattern changed and her moans grew louder. With Zaine next door, I'd have to keep her quiet.
"Make another noise and I'll slap you again," I warned.
She bit her lip and began to roll her hips into my fingers. I quickened the pace and she breathed heavily while gripping the sheets. Her stomach strained so I worked even faster, using my middle finger to curl upwards and stroke her g-spot.
"You gonna apologise, hm?"
She groaned and cursed under her breath as her thighs trembled. "A-Ahh, God," she hissed through gritted teeth and continued rolling her hips. Her body glistened with sweat, and her hips shifted, making my fingers sink deeper inside. She stiffened and arched her back. "Fuck...f-feels good..."
I sighed, trying my hardest to contain myself. Already my piece was stabbing against the zipper of my jeans. She began to pant and moan quietly. Using my thumb I stroked her clit, still working her g-spot with my fingers. Every stroke made her go insane, and I loved the sight.
"That's what happens when you're rude Becc's. I punish this sweet pussy."
Her moans became louder. She ran her tongue over her bottom lip and bit onto it hard. "I'm s-sorry!"
"Too late."
She sighed. I could see she was reaching the end. I quickly added pressure on her stomach with my other hand and she squirted, all over my top. Her body convulsed and she whimpered, giving the odd jolt every few seconds. Her legs became limp and her breathing slowed. I leaned over her and kissed her face and neck, she then opened her eyes.
"I c-can't move," she said.
"You could've co-operated with me." I replied, using her own words against her. I kissed her lips gently and picked up her discarded knickers that lay on the floor. "You ruined my top, so I'm keeping these." I smiled and put them in my drawer.
She breathed heavily; her face immersed with sweat, and her legs still shaking continuously. "I hate you" she mouthed, followed by a playful smile.
I smiled at the vivid flashback and placed the pair back in the drawer. Those were the days. Ree and I actually had some good times together, but it seemed as if those times were only sheer memories now that we've drifted apart.
My smile faded when I realised that we would never be like that again. The closeness we once shared had disappeared forever, along with our friendship. I sighed and held my bag, quickly leaving the room. I knew mum and dad would be back soon, it wouldn't be wise to stay any longer.
Zaine stood by the top of the stairs as I descended. I grabbed the door handle...
"So you're just gonna leave again?" I heard from behind. I paused and retracted my hand before turning around to face him.
"I'll be back," I answered quietly.
"But when? Another year?"
I gave him a look; he had matured, and carried a permanent frown on his face now. Reminded me of myself when I was his age.
"Before that," I said.
"You're lying. You ain't coming back are you? You missed everything and you don't even care. You even missed my birthday," he informed with a sneer.
I turned away from his questioning glare and clenched my jaw. He was right; I had missed a lot of things in this household: Christmas, New Years, Aunt Tanisha's birthday, Zaine's... The realisation had only just struck me, and brought a dark feeling that I didn't really want to contain. My chest felt heavy. I sighed and held the door handle once again.
"Remember what I told you," I said, referring to keeping my visit a secret. I heard him tut and left the house, slamming the door behind me.

Becca
Another long day at work, and I was physically drained. For once in a long while, I actually did my job properly, with no immaturity involved. Chanel and Javon continued to play dares in the staff room whilst I served all the customers that entered the shop. I yawned and handed the black woman her mocha coffee. She thanked me with a pleasant smile and fucked off somewhere. I was seriously too tired to function properly. Tyreece had kept me up all night, and now I was the one suffering. I weren't complaining though, his lips left me mesmerised on a whole other level, it was insane.
"You okay, Becc's?" another worker, Leroy, asked me.
"I'm fine, just tired," I answered.
He nodded in return and began cleaning the surface with disinfectant. I left my apron on the side and decided to head into the staff room for a little break. My manager didn't have to know that my mini breaks consisted of 30 minutes. He was just as clueless as Mr. Herman was. How I miss that fat bastard. I took a seat beside Chanel as she sipped on her Lucozade. She gave me a light smile and I mirrored her smile.
"Break time then?"
I nodded and put my feet up on Javon, who was sat on the table in front of me.
"Since when was I a foot-rest?" he questioned with a twisted lip.
I shrugged and closed my eyes. "You always have been."
Chanel laughed and stood up. "Well, one of us has to be out there with Leroy," I heard her say.
"Then you go. I've got the same shift as that prick, always smiling at me like I've got summin’ for him." Javon kissed his teeth and I laughed.
"Leave him. Maybe he's attracted to you," I suggested with yet another shrug. Even with my eyes closed I could sense Javon's irritation. He was just as homophobic as my dad, which wasn't a good thing. It was so cute when he was angry though, bless him.
"Fuck that. I'll kick him in the throat if he even tries something."
"Shh man, I'm going out there. Mr. Smith might be out there wondering where we are," Chanel muttered. I heard the door close soon after.
Javon stood up and sat beside me on the chair. "You better not be asleep Becc's," he said quietly.
"How can I sleep with your hot breath in my face?" I opened my eyes and screwed him. He laughed then my phone sounded in my pocket, I retrieved it and answered the call after checking.
Me: "Hey peasant." She laughed.
Grace: "Hello Becc's."
Me: "You okay?"
Grace: "Yeah. The question is, are you?" I raised a brow.
Me: "You been smoking them herbs?" She giggled.
Grace: "Nah, I mean it. Just checking up on you."
Me: "Why would I need checking up on?" I left the staff-room and headed back for the counter. Once there I put my apron back on and leaned on the counter.
Grace: "You know why. Have you spoken to him recently?" she asked referring to Kayden. I sighed and rested my head back.
Since seeing him on that dreadful day, Grace was the only one who I felt comfortable telling. We were both in the same boat at one point. What with Chris disappearing every few months, she understood what I was going through with the Kayden fiasco. She was just as shocked when I told her about his arrival. Right now we were having our differences, as she thought I should get back with the prick. She had no clue how much I resented him at the moment. Unlike Grace, I can hold a grudge. Kayden doesn't deserve forgiveness, not this quickly and easily.
Me: "No, I refuse to contact him. You know what he put me through, Grace. He's a pleb."
Grace: "A pleb that you love." I rolled my eyes at her bullshit.
Me: "Nope: Tyreece." She started laughing. "What's funny?"
Grace: "You are! You have no idea do you?" I sighed and massaged my temple.
Me: "About what?"
Grace: "You don't love Tyreece." I paused at her comment.
Me: "I do though." She then laughed again.
Grace: "You're convinced that you do. Kayden's been gone for so long that you decided to find a new companion to fill his space. Tyreece is merely a rebound for you." I tutted.
Me: "You're wrong, but I'm not about to argue with you." I heard her smile through the phone.
Grace: "You should call him."
Me: "I ain't calling no-one! He can go fuck himself." She sighed.
Grace: "C'mon Becc's. He came back for you. Do you know how sweet that is? Plus, if he weren't there at the right time, who knows what could've happened to you? You got lucky. He always seems to come back at the right time."
Me: "He shouldn't have left in the first place," I peered around at the numerous customers and then lowered my voice. "He's a murder, Grace. No murderer could be such good company. He belongs in jail."
Grace: "You don't really mean that." I kissed my teeth at the fact that she was right.
Me: "You're really annoying, you know that?"
Grace: "Only because I'm talking sense. Think about all the things that you two have been through. You're seriously willing to throw that all away?" I remained silent. "Lord knows the guy is crazy about you and you're just kicking him to the curb, all because of some artificial feelings that you think you have for Tyreece."
Me: "Grace, I'm at work, this is the wrong time."
Grace: "You never once cared about work! I'm drumming this into your thick skull right now, you need to be told." I groaned and banged my head on the counter. "I bet you any money he's thinking about you right now, probably wondering the streets regretting any bad thing that's happened between you two. He could be very close to you and you wouldn't even know it." I exhaled deeply.
Me: "Whatever you say, Grace."
Grace: "You never know."

Kayden

It was a brand new day; the day to make amends and start a new, better life. I had to try my best to keep on the down low and avoid any kind of trouble. After parking the car, I locked it and crossed the road. I mulled over what I was doing in my head. Didn't know if it was a good idea, but fuck it. I had to find Ree again and start things fresh. She had to know that I'd changed my ways; that I wasn't as much of a bad person and she thought I was. I was different now, and she had to see that. Hopefully Footlocker was still open; I'd be able to catch her at her shift.
I passed Caffe Nero and had the strong urge to go inside and buy a couple things for lunch, but finding Rebecca was much more important. As I got nearer to Footlocker I noticed it was blocked and the entrance was boarded off. I froze in awe and remained still. Since when did this happen? People passed me on the street, giving me an odd look as I stood there staring at the building. I ran my hand over my head a couple times in bewilderment. If this is the state of Footlocker now, that means Ree was long gone. I had no actual chance of finding her unless I went to her house—and even then, she wouldn't let me in.
I stopped a Hispanic man walking past and he turned  to me, completely alert.
"Excuse me, what happened to this building?" I asked with a gesture.
He glanced at what used to be Footlocker, before facing me once again. "Got burned down during the riot."
I remained frozen; I wasn't expecting an answer like that. "There was a riot?"
He gave a sharp nod. "That's right: last August, in almost every area. The kids went mental, started looting and burning down shops. You from around here?"
I peered down at the ground and sighed. "I used to be," I muttered after brief hesitation.
The man sighed himself and turned back to the building. He approached the boarder and shook his head. "It went on for at least 4 days, all because of an incident up Tottenham. People thought rioting was the answer. So many places were ruined."
I stood there taking the information in, completely overwhelmed by what I was hearing. "Was anyone killed?"
"A couple. Luckily police were able to keep everyone in check. It died down after a while. So many companies suffered though."
I tightened my fists. How could I have been so unaware?
"Alright. Well, thanks man."
He nodded and wished me a good day before walking off. Once he disappeared around the corner, I headed back to my car. I strapped myself in and turned the engine on. I attempted to call an old friend, but she didn't answer. Tutting, I shook my head and switched on the radio. I knew exactly where to go at this point. It was about time I rekindled an old friendship, one that had been deceased for a very long time.
???

I frowned at the TV as I continuously flicked through the channels. I hated when nothing was on, especially if I was in the mood to watch something and enjoy relaxation. The past few months have been dull. Very dull. There was no actual news on Rebecca's death. I was anticipating, patiently awaiting a call from Marik to inform me that the job had been done. Unfortunately, business was slow, and Marik was an asshole, so there was no way she could've been taken care of this quickly. Boy, when the day comes, I'll be leaping for joy, and then I'd get back the person that I deserved the most.
I looked over at Janai sleeping peacefully beside me, completely shielded by numerous cushions and blankets. The sight of her warmed my heart. I stroked her soft hair but paused at the sound of the doorbell. I slowly stood up and turned the light on. The living-room then became bright. I blinked to adjust to the new lighting and headed for the front door. The visitor's body was seen through the glass panels of the door. It couldn't have been Marik, this one wasn't bulky enough. Without peeking through the spy-hole I opened the door to come face to face with the person that I least expected. My eyes widened and my mouth dropped.
"Kayden?!"
He answered my sceptical outburst with a crooked smile. I plunged forward and hugged him tightly. I thought I would never be able to see him again. After his disappearance last year I had lost all hope. I began to blame that bitch Rebecca for driving him away. But all of that didn't matter right now, he was back!
His strong arms enclosed me immediately. He chuckled and spun me around before placing me back down. It took me awhile to let go of him, I enjoyed his warm, familiar embrace. I stared at his gentle brown eyes and his succulent lips, the same pair that I had kissed a billion times. It was good to have him back, it was unbelievable how lost I was without him around.
His lips formed into a wider smile, now revealing his perfect set of teeth. "You gonna let me in?"
I snapped out of my temporary trance and stepped aside to let him through. I closed the door behind me and leaned against it, still dazing at him warily.
"I can't believe it's you," I muttered.
He chuckled and shrugged. "I'm not back from the dead."
I smiled weakly at his response. "But you have been gone awhile. You had me worried sick."
He stepped closer. "I'm sorry. It won't happen again." I nodded and gestured him into the living room. He peered around; amazed by my new flat, as it was his first time stepping foot inside. "You settled in here well," he commented. I smiled and thanked him. He peered at the TV, then back to me. "I've missed you."
The same butterflies that I used to experience came fluttering back, causing me to turn away shyly. "Me too," I admitted.
He sighed and approached me by the doorframe. He then pulled me into yet another embrace and rocked me gently. "Like I said, it won't happen again," he whispered.
I exhaled and held onto him for dear life, as if it would be the last time I would ever felt his touch again. He kissed my forehead and I inhaled his scent. "I was just thinking about you," I said. He smiled against my skin and looked at me.
"What about me?" he questioned.
"Nothing really. You just popped into mind, and now here you are." He pinched my nose and I laughed. "It's good to have you back."
"And I'm here to stay." I grinned merrily. "Look, I'm sorry for not being around most times. I mean, before I left. I know you felt like I neglected you-..."
"When she came along," I interrupted.
"...yeah. I hope you know I'll always care for you."
I nodded and licked my lips. "Mmhm, and I care for you."
"You better." He pinched me again in the side and I laughed.
Just then, the wailing cries of Janai were heard from the sofa. I had completely forgotten she was there, awaken from her slumber. Kayden turned around to view where the sudden noise was coming from. He then peered towards me once again, looking more confused than ever before.
"Is she yours?" he asked.
I giggled and shook my head. "There's someone I'd like you to meet." I left his embrace and walked over to the chair. Picking up Janai, I brought her over to him and began to sway her gently in order to comfort her. "My little sister, Janai."
His mouth opened in awe. She continued to wail and cry. I handed her to him and he cradled her in his arms, smiling down at her and cooing as if she were his very own daughter.
"Nice to meet you Janai," he said quietly. She watched him curiously and eventually quietened down. He sat on the sofa and stroked her as she blubbered and made cute noises. "She's gorgeous," he said with a smirk.
"She seems to like you," I acknowledged.
She moved her arms and legs around and grabbed onto his forefinger. He laughed and wriggled his finger about, making her entire arm shake.
"How old?"
"Four months."
"She's big for four months. Soon she'll be walking and demanding money." I laughed and nudged him in the arm.
"I'm looking after her for the weekend, and then mum will have her back by Monday morning."
He nodded and lifted her up with one arm to rest her head on his shoulder. He patted her on the back and I watched, astonished that he could manage her so well.
"How is she?" he questioned, referring to my mum. I gave him the thumbs up. "It's been ages, I must see her soon."
I agreed and offered him a drink, to which he complied. After pouring him some apple juice, I stood by the door and watched him play with Janai. It was amazing that they seemed to have so much chemistry even though they had only just met. Janai seemed comfortable around him and he was a complete stranger to her. I gave the glass to him and he took occasional swigs at the juice before placing the glass on the coffee table.
"How've you been living on your own though?"
"Good. Feel much more independent; got money coming in, everything's good."
"And are you seeing anyone?" He gave me a deathly glare and I shook my head. Little did he know that he was the one I was waiting for.
"No, Kayden."
"Better not have, wouldn't want to injure anyone today."
I laughed. "Easy hulk."
He smiled and kissed Janai on the cheek. She watched him in fascination and planted her hand on his face. He began to nibble on her tiny fingers and she smiled in amusement.
"You're a cute one init? I could take you home with me man."
She continued to smile as if she understood every word. I watched the two of them play and was captivated by their bonding. He was so good with children. Any age, he was able to handle them. I pictured him to be a family man, a provider for the household, a breadwinner. We'd raise beautiful children, and he'd support his family. Already I was creating scenarios of the future in my head. I laughed at my own thoughts and sighed happily.
He kissed Janai's nose and she giggled, then he peered at his watch. "It's getting late. I should go."
"You could stay here tonight, if you want," I offered.
He appeared uncertain. "I don't wanna bother you with that."
"It's not a problem. I'll give you some blankets and you can sleep on the chair."
After some hesitation, he nodded. "Yeah, alright." He handed Janai to me and I stood up once again.
"I'm gonna put her to sleep. I'll be back," I announced. I headed for the door but stopped when I heard him call my name. I watched his beautiful face, covered with that breath-taking smile.
"You're a good friend, Aaliyah."
I smirked and gave a nod. "I know."

No comments:

Post a Comment