Thursday 7 January 2016

Chapter forty-one

"Anything else you can tell us, Miss Stellon?" I wracked my brain for any more useful information I could pass on, but was left with nothing.
"No, that’s all."
The taller, much more slender officer tipped his hat at me. "We will keep in touch. Thank you for your time." I saw them to the door and they left. I released a pent up sigh and leaned against the firm door with a hand on my chest. It had been two days since the incident at Caffe Nero and an investigation had began on the whereabouts of Chanel. As reluctant as I was to let the police in for a chat, I figured it was necessary if I wanted to see her again. The palpitations of my heart had slowed down. When they first arrived at the door, I suspected they bared bad news on the situation. Nothing was discovered yet. I told them what I saw—which wasn’t much—and they said similar cases have happened over the past month.
It was similar to what Kayden had told me over the phone; the fact that weird things have been happening lately. I regret not listening to him. He warned me to be careful, and like a bitch I disregarded his caution. I heard footsteps descend the stairs and glanced up to see Kieran.
"Why were they here?" he asked, referring to the two officers.
I gave a light shrug. "Something happened at work on Monday. They just wanted a few answers."
"What happened?" I explained the situation briefly and his eyebrows knitted together in mild shock. "Swear down?"
I nodded. "Don’t tell dad or uncle they were here."
He shook his head. "I won’t." I thanked him and headed upstairs.
I was beginning to tolerate Kieran now.
I collapsed on my bed and stared at the ceiling, feeling empty inside. It was Wednesday, February 13th, and I had told teachers that I was ill and needed some time off 6th form, to which they had no problems with. How could I deal with work when my friend was suffering somewhere? I was suddenly brought back to the time when Leon humiliated me for those two gruelling days and I was rendered helpless. I couldn’t even begin to imagine what Chanel was going through. But for what? What has she ever done to anyone? Aside from her snarky demeanour she was a great person. She doesn’t deserve this kind of treatment.
There was a knock on the door and Diamond entered.
"Hi Becc’s. Andre garn out so I wanna stay in ‘ere." I glanced at her before diverting back to the ceiling again. "I saw Babylon," she suddenly claimed.
I quickly looked back to her. "What did you just say?"
"Babylon! At di door!"
I blinked dumbly at her, not sure what she was going on about. Then I realised she was referring to the police that left just a moment ago. I released a great breath and felt a smile tug at my lips. She really was something else. "They’re called police officers, Diamond."
"I know, but daddy call dem Babylon. They’re evil." She walked closer to the edge of the bed, examining my expression. "Becc’s?"
I turned to her and realised she was worried. I gave a weak smile. "I’m alright, Dee."
"No you ain’t. But I know what will cheer you up. Claycia showed me this move yesterday." I watched as she approached my speakers and turned it on. Her favourite Dancehall CD was still in there from when they first arrived. Straight away Aidonia – "Di Ride" begun to play and she went to the far corner of the room. My eyes went bulbous as she done a handstand against the wall and started moving her little bum to the rhythm of the tune.
The door opened again and Claycia stepped in. "Hey Rebecca, I need to borrow..." she drifted off when she noticed what her sister was doing. She hastily pulled her away from the wall, causing Diamond to land on her back.
"OW!" she rubbed her head and glared at the culprit. Then she began to cuss in patois, to which Claycia ignored and dragged her out the room by her foot. I shook my head at their antics and chuckled to myself. She was right, that did cheer me up a little.
Later on that afternoon I was watching TV in the living-room, relaxing with dad who was busy reading the newspaper. I flicked through numerous channels unconsciously, still wondering if Chanel was doing okay. Just the memory of her blood on the floor, and the echoing wails that pierced my ears. I didn’t get a chance to see the culprit behind this mess; by then I was too late. I didn’t know how to react when I saw the scene, and had no choice but to call someone. Argh, just what were these people playing at; harming an innocent woman for unknown reasons? The thought angered me to no end, but that anger was always overshadowed with dread and anxiety.
"Rebecca." I turned to dad, who was now watching me intently. "You’ve been quiet all day. Something happen?"
"No. I’m fine."
He seemed unconvinced, but nodded and went back to reading. Just then the doorbell sounded. I went to the door with a pounding heart. What if the police were back with bad news? I don’t know if I’d be able to handle it. I opened the door to see Grace with a Tesco bag in her hand. My chest loosened and I sighed in relief.
"Hey Becc’s," she said with a warm smile.
"You alright, sugarmuffin?" she laughed and stepped inside.
"Yeah, just been busy with coursework." I shut the door and she hung her coat on the banister. After saying a quick hello to my dad, she followed me upstairs to my room and plonked down on the bed. "So, what’s the deal? You haven’t been to 6th form since last week."
I gave a shrug and rested against the headboard. "I really can’t be bothered. I need a break from that shit hole."
She laughed. "Even though Easter holidays are coming up..."
I smiled weakly. "Yeah, can’t wait for that."
She nodded in agreement and held up the Tesco bag. "Well I brought sweets cos I know how fat you are."
I grinned in appreciation and opened the packet of assorted lollies. "You really are a star, y’know."
"I know man." She popped a Drumstick into her mouth and crossed her legs. "Brooklyn and Natalie are worried about you," she informed.
"Huh. Is that so?" I muttered, now sucking on a Vimto lolly.
"Yeah, they said you ain’t been yourself."
I rolled my eyes. "They always say that. If I’m not cussing or threatening someone 24/7 they assume something’s wrong."
She shrugged. "To be honest, you haven’t cussed any teachers in awhile."
My face remained blank. Seriously, is that all I’m known for?
"I’ve taken a break from that." I glanced at her and decided to change the subject. "Any gossip lately?"
She shook her head. "Not really. Oh, wait! Patreece was ready to fuck up Danielle today. You missed all the hype."
"Why, what happened?"
"Apparently Danielle slept with Patreece’s man at some rave."
I laughed to myself. "Those two always fight though. From when Danielle fucks everyone, Patreece shouldn’t be surprised."
"I know, but she seduced him I think."
I couldn’t help but chuckle. The amount of drama in our 6th form was amazing: never a dull moment there. We continued to catch up, and I realised that Grace had eaten most of the sweets, whereas I only had two lollies and one packet of Magic Stars. I watched in awe as she chewed on the liquorice and swallowed it down.
"You know, if you’re hungry we have food downstairs," I mentioned quietly. She laughed lightly and shook her head. "Speaking of which, you’ve gained some weight..." My eyes scanned her body. Grace was a slim girl with wide hips. What she lacked in breast, she made up for with her curvy behind. I noticed lately her flat stomach was becoming pudgy and her face was filling out more.
"Only a little bit," she mumbled, now breaking eye contact.
"Nah seriously, Grace. Your face never used to be this chubby." She frowned slightly and I realised how insensitive I was being. "I’m just saying though. I thought you’d be keeping fit with all the workout you and Chris have been doing lately." I gave a sly smile, but she seemed down all of a sudden. "Don’t get upset man. It doesn’t even matter; we can sign up to a gym if you want. Not gonna lie, I’ve been gaining weight aswell—"
"It’s not that," she interrupted in a low tone. I kept quiet when I realised she was mentally debating her next sentence. Her face had turned serious and her body language changed completely. "Rebecca...I didn’t want to say this right now..."
My throat suddenly became dry at how blank and solemn her voice was. "Say what?" I asked, my voice now breaking. Her deadpan face and hard eyes were beginning to worry me.
"I’m pregnant." That one sentence alone managed to ring in my ears for a few seconds, distorting my brain and numbing my chest. I wasn’t sure how to react, yet my mouth had opened on its own accord. By the pensive expression on her face, this wasn’t a joyous occasion, and in hadn’t been planned, so I couldn’t exactly smile. I quickly closed my mouth and cleared my throat awkwardly.
"Rarh," I mumbled. "How far gone?"
"Couple months now."
I leaned closer and tried to lower my voice as if anyone was listening in. "Does anyone else know?" She shook her head. "Not even Chris?"
She shook her head once more and looked down, embarrassed. "I’m always close to saying it, but I get scared. I dunno how to tell him."
"I’m sure saying ‘I’m pregnant’ is clear enough."
She sighed. "It’s his reaction I’m worried about."
"He has the right to know, Grace. And soon aswell."
She nodded slowly. "I know. I’m not even sure what I want. I mean, it was unexpected and we should have been more careful, but I’m against killing an innocent child. It’s done nothing wrong. I really don’t want to regret any decisions I make."
I breathed deeply and empathised with her. "Are you scared he’ll tell you to get rid of it?" With a frown, she nodded. "I doubt Chris would be that harsh. Plus he’s crazy about you. The prick is in love. You need to tell him and then both make a decision."
"I think I’ve already made my decision." She gave me a knowing look.
"Can you really see yourself raising a child right now?"
"It’s gonna be hard, but...I could manage." I then smiled weakly.
"Well, you know you have my support, and the other two plebs. And if Chris refuses to step up, I’ll kick his ass for you."
A single tear slid down her cheek and she laughed. "Thanks, Becc’s."
"Don’t cry man, it’s gonna be wicked! We’re gonna go shopping and buy this baby some prestige garms. Then when the boy is born—and it will be a boy—I’m gonna name him something amazing like Zico or Exodus."
She started laughing as she wiped the tear away. "I dunno if I agree with those names." I smiled and she sighed in relief. "I thought you was gonna cuss me about protection and responsibility."
I shrugged. "I’m not perfect myself. Everyone makes mistakes. But this baby isn’t a mistake, it’s a blessing. Don’t forget that." She nodded. "No matter what Chris says, you’re in charge. You’re the boss." She smiled at that and I gasped. "Holy shit, you’re gonna be a MILF!" She started creasing again and shook her head.
"Please stop." I laughed and we shared the rest of the sweets as we discussed her plans for the pregnancy. Soon after, the packets were finished and I felt incredibly sick. I rubbed my stomach and felt like vomiting.
"Never again," I grumbled.
"It wasn’t even a lot," Grace said, now throwing the packets and wrappers in the bin. She dusted off her hands and faced me. "How’s Tyreece?"
I smiled at the mention of his name. "He’s...amazing. Can’t wait to see him tomorrow."
"Oh, for Valentine’s Day eh?" she jeered with raised brows. "What’s gonna happen this time? More trips on the London Eye?"
I chuckled lightly. "Nah, I’m not actually sure...maybe just stay in this time."
She pouted. "That’s no fun. Do something exciting. Join the Mile High Club." I glanced at her and she smirked.
"I’m not fucking in an airplane, Grace." She laughed and rolled her eyes.
"I think I’ll tell Chris tomorrow." I sat up with wide eyes and she nodded to confirm. "Yeah. Depending on his reaction it’ll be the best Valentine’s Day gift, or the worst day of his life."
"Don’t talk like that. He’ll be happy."
She sighed and stood up. "We’ll see. I’m going home now though." I nodded and followed suit. We headed downstairs and she said her goodbyes to everyone in the household. I told her to take care of herself and gave her a mini pep talk about how she should be careful now that she has a bun in the oven. She simply laughed and I saw her to the front door. Once she left I noticed the time and wondered to myself if I should really go to his. It was a dangerous thought, but I really needed to uncover a few things. I decided that first I would get something to eat, and then see if it was the right choice.
It had just gone 10:30PM, and I was watching Diamond and Andre play the Wii. I still wasn’t sure if I wanted to go through with this. I mean, being around him was hard enough, but he was one of the few people that could actually provide me with decent answers.
"Ah, you beat me again," Andre said with a playful screw. Diamond grinned at him before turning to me.
"Wanna play, Becc’s?"
I waved my hand, dismissing her offer. "I’m cool. Gonna go out for a bit." I stood up and told them I’d be back before leaving the room. I slipped on my trainers and grabbed my coat off the hook. I needed to make a swift exit before I was discovered. I went to the front door and my hand was just shy of the handle, when a booming voice came from the top of the stairs...
"An’ WHERE d’yuh tink yuh ah go’?" Uncle Clayton asked, now descending the stairs. He was clad in his favourite Jamaican-coloured string vest and black jeans. I turned to him with a little smile.
"Just gonna see a friend," I answered.
"Ee? Which fren’?"
"Brooklyn," I said. She was the only friend he knew of, and the main subject of my white lies.
"Yuh nuh look pon time?"
I sighed. "Yeah, it’s 10:30."
"10:34," he corrected. I rolled my eyes. This was the main person I was trying to avoid. Dad was fine with letting me out, but uncle was so overprotective and strict. I wasn’t even his child, and he didn’t even live here, but he liked to think he runs the household whenever dad wasn’t around.
"Uncle, I’m 18 now, I think it’s alright to go down the road."
He folded his arms and contemplated to himself on the matter. Then he smiled and nudged me towards the door. "Be easy baby girl."
I nodded. "Tell dad I’ll call him." And with that, I left. The weather was still disgustingly cold, and I couldn’t help but scrutinise the group of young teenagers at the bus stop with short skirts on. I briefly prayed for them to catch pneumonia before continuing my journey. When I arrived at the gates a feeling of familiarity coursed through my veins and I smiled a little. I remember coming here on a regular, and now it was literally once every few months—if that. I rang the doorbell and waited. The house seemed silent, but I heard footsteps approach the door and it opened straight away. He saw it was me and his face contorted into both confusion and surprise. Without any words, I stepped past him and entered the house.
"Come in," he said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and headed upstairs to his room, with him following behind. Nothing had changed, apart from the fact that he had a bigger bed and new flat screen TV. I stood by the bed and he watched closely with suspicion.
"Where is everyone?"
"Out. What’s this about?" he asked, closing the door behind him.
I was ready to sit on the bed, but I didn’t want to appear too comfortable. Plus, I wasn’t planning to stay long. Instead I folded my arms and huffed. "That phonecall...I need to know what you meant."
He raised an eyebrow. "I thought you wanted me to stay away from you?"
"I did...I do...but something happened."
He suddenly became alert and rushed forward. "Are you alright? Did someone hurt you?"
I shook my head. "No, not me."
His face changed. "Who then?"
"My work friend, Chanel."
He sighed deeply and ran a hand over his bushy hair. "What happened?" I explained the situation at work on Monday, making sure to describe every detail; every bit of struggle I heard, the drops of fresh blood on the floor, the loose hair strands, the smashed glass, and the fact that this person managed to escape so easily and quickly before I had the chance to see. He listened without interrupting once, his jaw clenched in angst and aggravation. "And you haven’t heard from her since?" he questioned.
I slowly shook my head with a frown. "I’m worried. I don’t know who done it and why, but I remembered your call last week. Now I need answers."
He turned away. "What makes you think I have any?"
I frowned slightly. "Don’t act dumb. You gave me a warning, and a few days later all that stuff happened."
"Could’ve been a coincidence."
Now I was sneering. "Kayden!"
He looked at me. "What, Rebecca? What do you want from me? I heard something and decided to pass it on. I didn’t know it was actually true."
"You didn’t know what was actually true?"
He leaned against the closed door and folded his arms, now preoccupied with his thoughts. "Chris called and told me about some incidents involving girls with the same job."
I raised a brow, not sure where he was going with this. "So?"
"These girls all worked in restaurants and cafes."
That part piqued my interest. "Wait...what?"
"Exactly, which is why I called you. I didn’t want you to be next."
"Next..." I echoed in thought. "I don’t get it, what does this mean?" He shook his head slowly and rested his head on the door. His unusual body language meant he was regretful in telling me all of this, like he wanted this to be kept a secret all along. I furrowed my brows and swallowed hard. "Kayden...do you know who’s behind this?" He glanced at me, and by his expression, I already knew the answer. "Who is it?"
"It’s more than one person. I know the ones doing it, and the one behind it."
"Then tell me."
"What’s the point? What are you planning to do?"
"Get those pricks sent to jail! What they’re doing is evil."
"They don’t care, as long as they get the job done." He shrugged like it was nothing and I found my lip curling in a snarl.
"Job?" He shook his head with a sigh and I stepped closer. "Why is this even happening?"
"I don’t know."
"Well then think," I snapped. He glared at me and my screw deepened. After a few seconds of an intense stare-war, he backed down.
"They’re probably after a girl for something. It’s clear they know her occupation, but not sure of what she looks like, which is why they’re random attacks. If the girl was definitely known, she would’ve been taken by now."
I sighed and finally collapsed on the bed in mild shock and confusion. Kayden hadn’t really provided me with much info, but already I was overwhelmed with dread. I couldn’t even begin to break down the situation, it all seemed iffy to me.
"I really am not in the mood for this shit," I grumbled.
"Feels like a movie init?"
I watched him with a screw. "This isn’t funny, Kayden."
"I never said it was."
I kissed my teeth and rested my head in my hands. He was right though; this really was like a movie, and these kinda movies usually ended badly. I clenched my teeth and felt hopeless. It would make sense to believe that Chanel looked similar to the person they were after, then that would be a legit reason for her captivity. I can’t imagine someone being so stupid as to just attack girls at random for the sake of it. That has to be it...Chanel must resemble the target, so she was taken.
"So what now?" I whispered quietly. I saw Kayden peer at me through my peripheral vision.
"It’s going to keep happening till they find who they’re looking for."
Hearing that only made a shiver run up my spine in worry. More innocent cafe workers are going to be harmed and hospitalised until the real target is found. What I didn’t understand is how these evil bastards didn’t know what this so-called target looked like. They certainly weren’t professionals. A few moments passed when I realised that Kayden hadn’t revealed the most important part of this situation yet.
"Who are they?" I questioned.
He released a deep sigh. "Don’t overreact," he warned.
"I’m not promising anything." He looked away, still with folded arms. Then something dawned on me. The fact that he was so reluctant to say anything could only mean... "Your friends," I muttered. "They’re the ones doing it, aren’t they?" His silence was my answer. My jaw dropped in shock.
"They’re not my friends, I just happen to know them," he defended quietly.
I retched and felt sick in the stomach. "You introduced me to them and everything," I grumbled with distaste. "Even that day in the park. Chris, Kenneth, Nicholas and Clapz..."
"Chris and Ken have nothing to do with it; it’s the rest that are following orders."
"From who though?"
"Marik. He’s the main one behind it."
Now I felt incredibly numb and impassive. My entire body had frozen as I recalled that pricks name from before. This wasn’t the first time he had been brought up in conversation. I had no idea who he was, but he seemed familiar, and his name alone carried some kind of ominous feeling with it. I shuddered and narrowed my eyes in frustration.
My thoughts were running rampant as I tried to figure out where I could go from here. It didn’t seem like the police could do much, they didn’t have as much intel as I did. There must be a way to resolve this. I just hope Chanel is okay...wherever the hell she is.
I didn’t realise how long I was silent for until Kayden cleared his throat. I looked at him to see he was now stood by his drawers, going through the top one. My chest ached and I felt light-headed at this new revelation. I had come here for answers, and I definitely got them. After hearing all of this, I felt extremely sick.
"I’m going," I muttered, now standing up from the bed.
Suddenly he turned to face me with a hard glare. "Look at the time. It’s too late to leave."
I shrugged, dismissing the matter completely and headed for the door. "I need to get back." I was stopped by a strong force holding my wrist. I glanced down to see our hands connecting before peering into those stern, chilling eyes.
"After what happened to your friend you wanna try walking home alone? Do you think I’d let you?"
I yanked my hand away. "I don’t care. I’m not staying here. Drop me home if you have to."
"Car’s in repair."
"Then walk me to the bus stop."
"I’m not letting you take the bus."
My eyes narrowed in slight hatred. "You’re so fucking annoying. You have no right to tell me what to do."
"I do. I have every right to worry about your safety."
"No. You’re being controlling and suffocating. We’re not together anymore so cut the bullshit, Kayden."
"We don’t have to be together. Even as a friend I’d still worry."
I glared at him. "We’re not friends either."
He shrugged. "You’re still not leaving."
I groaned angrily. Even though I disagreed, there was no way I could fight him. He would try everything in his power to keep me here. "Whatever. The minute you fall asleep I’m going. Prick."
He watched me closely as I sat back on the bed, shoulders slumped and furrowed brows. Being in this room brought back good memories that I didn’t want to recall. The new bed felt different—bouncier—and I couldn’t help but wonder how comfortable it would be to sleep on. Also, has any other girl been on this bed? If so, how many?
Wait...no. I don’t wanna think about that.
I glanced around the room to look at the numerous pictures instead. I needed anything to distract me. One of them on the window-sill caught my eye. I stretched over the bed to retrieve it before sitting back in my space.
"You still have this?" I questioned, scanning over the picture. It was the two of us when we went to Tinsel Town.
"Yeah. It’s a nice pic."
I continued to analyse the picture. I remembered that day clearly; when we were still in that Friends-With-Benefits stage and I could just about tolerate his presence. He decided to take me out and treated me to a meal, then gave me a chain that he knew I admired. I felt the cold jewellery around my neck, but realised I had replaced that chain with the one Tyreece bought me last Valentines. Kayden and I could’ve had something special, but it was all thrown away the minute he disappeared. I had a sour taste in my mouth from remembering his absence and put the picture back in its place.
I noticed he was watching me the entire time and turned away from his gaze. "It was a long time ago," I muttered petulantly.
"Mm." I watched him suspiciously through the corner of my eye and realised he was still by the drawers. Finally he pulled out a rizla and what looked like a small bag of weed.
"You’re not seriously going to smoke that shit while I’m here, are you?" I enquired with a screw.
"I’m not letting you stop me," he said, now stood by the windowsill and licking the edge in order to roll it up.
"It’s bad for you, Kayden."
"We’re not friends. Why should you care?"
I shut my mouth and looked away. He got me there.
As he bunned I took the time to take in all the details about him. His crinkled brow as he thought to himself, the contraction of muscles of his strenuous arms every time he took another pull, even down to the distinct movement of his lips and the pensive look on his face. The smell was overwhelming, and he appeared so focused. I decided to turn away and thought of Chanel instead. The fact that it’s been nearly a week was frightening.
"She’s gonna be alright," Kayden assured.
Still not looking his way, I nodded slowly. "You’d know init?"
Then I turned to him. He exhaled and blew the smoke out slowly in hoops. "Actually, I would. I know what they’re about. I know how they operate."
"Then you can talk to them," I muttered in hope.
He chuckled. "They couldn’t care less about me, and I don’t give a fuck about them. We don’t even talk."
"Tell the police." He glanced at me with a raised brow, then I realised what he had been through in the past year. "Dumb idea," I grumbled.
"Very. If anything they’ll realise she’s not worth it and let her go."
My hands clenched into fists. "This is ridiculous. Can’t believe I’m sat here while those bastards torture my friend."
"They won’t do anything."
I glared at him with the most intensity I could muster. "You better hope they don’t. If anything happens to Chanel, I’m blaming you and your fucked up friends."
He took another draw and exhaled, allowing the smoke to seep out slowly. Then, through half-lidded eyes, he smiled. "Fair enough."
"That Marik guy should get shot in his temple," I seethed through gritted teeth.
"He’s both loved and hated by everyone in South London. No-one ever stands up to him," he informed, now leaning against the windowsill.
"Maybe I should. He needs to be dealt with." I sighed and glanced at him once more. He was staring out the window absentmindedly, probably as an excuse not to look at me. "Do you know where he could be?"
"Nah. He relocates every couple months. Sorry, but your friend could be anywhere."
"Shit," I breathed heavily. Then I noticed something interesting on the nearby chair. I reached forward to pick up the pink slip of paper and read it. "What’s this?"
"A certificate from my football coaching course."
That, I wasn’t expecting. I had no idea Kayden had taken up a new job, and something so far up his alley. I was stuck working in a cafe while he had attained a proper career. He always told me he wanted to coach others in sport. Who knew he’d actually pursue his ambition. Looks like he’s getting his life back on track. Needless to say, I was happy for him, but I would never admit that to his face. I never guessed things would be so different now. I put the slip down and sighed...
I lay in bed watching the ceiling wordlessly, listening to the pattern of Kayden’s breathing to see if he was actually asleep. He slept on the air mattress, breathing lightly with his back facing me. It was hard to tell. After the awkward moment that was shared between us, he decided that it would be best to lie down and "put my mind at ease". I didn’t know the time now, but I made sure to text Uncle Clayton to let him know I would arrive in the late morning before sneering at Kayden and finally resting in bed.
The mattress was nice and cushioned, I was tempted to go to sleep, but I refused to spend the night here. I peered at Kayden’s muscular back again. His shoulders moved every time he exhaled, but it wasn’t enough proof that he was asleep. I heard the rustling of the trees outside and saw the moonlight seeping through the gaps of the blinds. It was definitely early in the morning by now.
Nope. Not staying here.
After waiting for another fifteen minutes, I slowly slinked out of the bed and padded lightly to the door.
"Where are you going?" I groaned inwardly and turned to face Kayden. He was sat up, topless, watching me intently. I sighed and faced the wall instead. "You should get some sleep."
"Stop telling me what to do," I grumbled. "I don’t want to stay here."
His expression changed and his gaze hardened. "If you really want to go, then go." I sighed in relief and continued to the door. Before I could even touch the handle, he was by me in an instant. I was roughly pulled back and banged into his broad chest. His grip on my wrist was firm as his eyes burned into mine with malice. "I can’t believe you was actually about to leave."
"Did you think I was joking?" I spat through clenched teeth.
"Did you think I was?" he countered.
I considered that for a moment, and then quickly tried to open the door with my free hand. He shoved me against the wall, breathing heavily with a solid glare. He gripped my other wrist and held them both up, now pushing himself against me to stop me from moving elsewhere. Our faces were inches apart as we stared at eachother, neither one of us backing down.
"What are you doing?" I asked with narrowed eyes.
"You’re so stubborn, Rebecca," he breathed heavily on my lips, and I found myself weakening.
"I just wanna go home. You’re the one being stubborn."
"It’s cold and dark outside. You already know it’s dangerous out there, but you’d still rather risk your life than stay one night with me?"
"That’s right."
He moved his face even closer, his warm breath really fanning my cheeks now. "Then you’re dumber than I thought."
That set me off straight away. "Who the fuck do you think you’re insulting?"
"Any person who would willingly risk their life lacks common sense."
I sneered at him. "You’re really pissing me off. Let go of me before I kick you in the balls."
"Stop acting hard, Rebecca. You’re not like that anymore, are you?" My eyes widened, and his face softened at my silent reaction. "You’ve changed, and so have I. Even though you hate me, you don’t want to hurt me." He brought his lips closer to my ear. "I still care for you, you know."
My body shivered at his soft voice and I finally looked down. "I know," I mumbled.
"I care for you so much that I don’t want you to get hurt. And I’m willing to help you find your friend," he said, now releasing my wrists.
"I know," I said again.
"So stop being stubborn and lie down."
I gazed at him silently. His face showed no sign of emotion, but his eyes portrayed a strong sense of sincerity. I sighed in defeat and moved away from the door. I lay back down and he watched me from the edge of the bed.
"This doesn’t mean anything," I muttered.
"I know. I’m not trying anything on with you, and I don’t plan to. You can leave whenever you want, but try to sleep first, yeah?"
"Mm." He lay back on the air mattress and it fell silent again. A few minutes passed, and then I heard him shuffling.
"Ree..."
My heart leaped at the sound of his weary voice. "What?"
"Happy Valentine’s Day."
I glanced at my phone to see it was now 12:34am, February 14th. I turned away on my side and closed my eyes, now sinking into a state of unconsciousness. "Whatever."
Tyreece was thrilled with the gifts I got him. I made sure to buy the cologne that he liked and managed to surprise him with a massive Valentines card. I could’ve raped him on the spot when he gave me a massive teddy bear with the words "I Love You" on it, along with a card and jewellery with a box of chocolates. As expected, he decided that it would be best to relax this year, so once I got to his and we exchanged presents, we stayed in the living-room watching movies and gobbling the chocolates. I had my head rested on his firm shoulder while his arm was around the chair. I pulled the covers over us in order to keep warm and giggled quietly at yet another funny scene of American Pie.
"Becc’s..." I glanced up at him and was greeted with a luscious smile. "I have one more thing for you."
My eyes widened in delight. "Is it more sweets? Cos these chocolates are sexy."
He gave a throaty chuckle. "Nah, but it’s just as sexy." He reached behind the chair and pulled forward a black plastic bag. I blinked and stared in awe as he presented me with the bag. I looked at him and he nodded, giving me the go-ahead and I reached into the bag. My fingers snagged at some fabric, and I pulled out a delicate piece of underwear...lingerie to be precise. My eyes became bulbous as I analysed the “gift”. It was some kind of flyaway babydoll costume, with a lifting bust and pink embroidery. My eyes scanned the matching knickers before shifting to a smiling Tyreece.
"Where did you get this?"
"La Senza."
"On your own?"
He nodded. "Should’ve seen the looks I got in that shop." He whistled at the memory and I laughed.
"You’re something else. Do you really expect me to wear this?" I questioned, running my thumb over the soft nylon texture. I won’t deny the fact that it’s sexy...but why?!
"Yeah, I do," he muttered, now running his tongue over his bottom lip.
I noticed the subtle action and felt my heart race. I quickly put it back in the bag when I remembered that Kayden had bought one similar a long time ago. I really didn’t want to relive that time with the lingerie...and the handcuffs...and the whipped cream. Why do people keep buying me these? I shook my head to rid of the thoughts and looked at him. He noticed my expression and was ready to say something when I hugged him tight.
"Thanks Ty," I whispered.
He smiled and pulled me in closer, then reached into the same bag to retrieve a pack of Candy Hearts. "Thought it’d be fun to have these," he said with a childish smile. I laughed at his eagerness.
"You’re such a loser." He chuckled and opened the bag. As the film continued in the background, now acting as a source of background noise, we looked through the packet with interest.
"This one’s good," he announced, handing me one that said ALL MINE.I cooed and dug into the pack till I found the perfect one.
"This is cool," I muttered with a grin, handing over one that said YOU’LL DO. He gave me a look and I smiled sweetly in return. We fed eachother the sweets and chocolate and continued to watch the movie. When it came to an end, I was beginning to feel sleepy. I noticed it was now after 8:00 and looked at Tyreece to see he was drifting off. As cute as his sleeping-face was, I had other plans—and for those he’d have to be conscious.
I shook him awake and he gazed at me with tired eyes.
"Stay awake, I want to enjoy the rest of these presents."
He smiled and pulled out another Candy Heart. "I was gonna buy you flowers but I figured you wouldn’t want any."
"You figured right. It’s a bit typical," I muttered.
"See? I know you so well."
"I should hope so. It’s been a year." He smiled and kissed my neck gently. I inhaled his lovely scent and felt dizzy with happiness. Today had been a good day, apart from having to leave Kayden’s so early in the morning to get home and refresh myself. Luckily he was still asleep when I left, so no awkward goodbyes were involved. That didn’t matter much anyway, today was all about me and Ty. I kissed his lips softly, which caused a cute smile to appear. "Gonna get a shower," I said. He nodded and I went upstairs. I spent a good 20 minutes under the warm water before stepping back out and changing into something more...sexy. I smiled at myself in the mirror, admiring the brand new lacy pink lingerie. I had to admit, it accentuated my breasts, and the flyaway bodice was unique and stylish. I looked so wanton and provocative, but damn...
I could get used to this.
After texting Tyreece to come upstairs, I sat on the bed in a comfortable position, ready for him to enter. When I heard those heavy footsteps my heart began to flutter, and I felt the excitement rush through my system. The door opened and Ty stood there with wide eyes. His whole body was stiff and his expression conveyed both shock and arousal.
"Rebecca..." he muttered.
I felt small under his gaze, but I didn’t want to be shy, although I never usually wore this kind of thing. I smiled warmly at him and rested back on the bed. "It’s rude to stare."
He still stood, gazing at me with yearning. "You didn’t have to..." he began quietly.
"But I wanted to, so come here." And just like that he approached me robotically, now completely wide awake. Once he was close enough, he kneeled before me on the floor and started kissing my stomach. I felt ticklish and held back a giggle as his lips descended my thigh. "This is embarrassing man," I muttered truthfully, now looking away.
Dark brown eyes peered up at me. "Why?"
"I’m the only one showing skin." He gave me a comforting smile and suddenly stood up. I watched as he pulled off his shirt and removed his jeans, leaving him in his boxers. His athletic build stood before me, and I did nothing to stop the dribble escaping my mouth.
"Better?" he asked.
I noticed the bulge tenting in his underwear and glanced up at him. "Is lingerie that appealing to you?" He laughed quietly and pushed me back on the bed before climbing on and lying beside me. I was expecting him to pounce, but instead his eyes traced over my body silently, as if he was taking in the image to savour the moment. Now I really felt small. This pleb was making me feel uncomfortable. "Tyreece..."
"You look amazing," he breathed, now running a strong hand down my naked thigh. My body tingled in response and my breath hitched in my throat. I could literally feel every fibre in my being electrify with incitement. I continued to lie on my back as he stroked my thighs, stomach and arms, ignoring the vital parts. After a while I couldn’t take it anymore.
"Touch me more, Ty..."
He froze at my request, but quickly recovered and ran his hand up my navel to my breasts. He fondled one of them, pinching my nipple and enticing it to become stiff. I swallowed hard and felt the pit of my stomach tighten. The small action was already making my body react, and I wasn’t sure if I could hold out for long. He moved on to the other breast, squeezing it softly and watching the two perks slowly poke through the fabric.
"More," I panted, hoping his hand would travel south. Instead he teased my nipples, now dipping his head to kiss my neck and collarbone. I closed my eyes and clamped my thighs together to try and stop that familiar ache from appearing—but if anything, it made things worse.
"You’re so sexy, Rebecca," he muttered in my ear. "I don’t want to get carried away."
"I want you to," I breathed deeply, now opening my eyes to peer at him. "Make me feel good, Tyreece."
He breathed deeply and hoisted himself up, then rested his robust body on top of me. I felt his weight press me further into the mattress and spread my legs so he could get comfortable. He nestled into me and laid his lips on mine. We shared a passionate kiss as his hands fondled me gently, still skipping over the area that craved the most attention. I lapped at his lip with my tongue and his mouth opened.
My chest constricted as our tongues lingered and danced with eachother in an avid battle for dominance. All of this build-up was really beginning to excite me. By now the aching in my loins was becoming more unbearable, and I needed some kind of friction before I lost all sense. I grinded myself against him, feeling that hardened length rub on my centre, causing him to hiss and shudder.
"Shit...Rebecca..." he breathed on my lips. He kissed me once again and swirled his tongue in my mouth, making me hum sensually. I soon pulled away and kissed his cheek, then his jaw. I could tell he was still reluctant. Right now I was with Shy Ty, but I needed much more; I needed that wild, carnal side that I knew he had within him.
"Don’t hold back, Ty," I rasped quietly.
He watched me with a lustful gaze, and I saw the indulgent softness in his eyes change into something more feral. His hips began to move on their own, thrusting against me with instinct as his lips rained kisses on the sensitive parts of my neck. I shivered at the sensation and motioned my hips with his. The contact was amazing, and my heart palpitated at the abrupt movements he was making. I circled my hips, rubbing along the solid erection, and felt incredibly smug when he groaned lowly into my neck. The air became dense around us, and I was so caught up in the moment that I didn’t even realise he had pulled down the cup of the lingerie to expose more of my breasts.
I gulped in a huge amount of air and gazed at him with glossy eyes.
"I’ve always wanted to see you like this," he said in low tones.
"That’s really perverted of you," I teased, now running a hand over his wavy hair.
He smiled and kissed me again, still rocking against me with vigour. He pulled the fabric down even more, now revealing my breasts and erect nipples. He bent his head and ran his tongue over one nipple languidly while flicking and pinching the other. My body tensed and I squeezed my eyes shut at the perceptible throbbing of my core. The fact that he hasn’t even touched me there yet was maddening, but it made me want him even more. He shifted to the other nipple, flicking the tip of his tongue over it multiple times and making me moan quietly.
"Tyreece...I think tonight’s the night," I whispered.
He paused and looked me in the eye, his russet brown ones glazing over. "Are you serious?"
I nodded and clamped my legs around his middle to pull him in closer. "I mean it. I’m ready. And I’m not drunk this time."
He smiled down warmly at me and brushed my hair back with his fingers. "Only if you’re sure."
"I am." He kissed me once more and my whole body relaxed. I sank into the fiery kiss and sucked on his bottom lip, holding eye contact the entire time. He grunted in satisfaction and shifted down to my neck, grinding harder against me.
Now that I knew what we were about to do, my heart wouldn’t stop thumping like an animalistic Conga drum at a midnight festival. I gulped and released a shuddering breath.
"Can we at least turn the light off?" I suggested in a feeble tone—which wasn’t like me at all.
His half-lidded eyes watched over me in ardour and longing. This was the Tyreece I wanted, and I had finally got him. "Leave it on. I want to see every part of you tonight. Especially here," he whispered, reaching down to tap the damp area of my new panties.
I swallowed hard and closed my eyes as he left little love-bites near my collarbone. Here we go...
Kayden
She came and rested ontop of me, panting heavily and nestling her sweaty body in mine. Then she smiled at me with shimmering eyes.
"How many rounds was that now?" she questioned in a raspy, worn out voice.
"Around five," I answered with a tired smile. I turned over so I was ontop and kissed her lustrous neck. "One more won’t hurt," I whispered. She giggled and wrapped both arms around my neck to pull my face down closer to hers. She gave me a peck on the lips and batted her lashes like a child.
"This is like the best Valentine’s Day gift."
I gave her a stern look. "You know full well this has nothing to do with that," I told her.
"I know. I was only joking." I kissed her lips softly, ready to thrust in, when she stopped me. "Wait, I need to pee."
I sighed and rolled off her. "Hurry up."
She smiled apologetically and got up. I smacked her ass and she laughed before running off to the bathroom. I watched her nude body from behind and found myself smiling. Aaliyah seemed a lot happier these past few days, and it definitely showed in bed. Even though we weren’t together, I felt connected with her again, like I was back in the old days before Rebecca came along. I froze at the thought of her and my chest felt heavy for a split second. I quickly shook my head to rid of any unnecessary thoughts. She had finally moved on, so I had to aswell. If she really didn’t want anything to do with me, then there was nothing I could do. I didn’t want to pester her and have her resent me even more. For the time being, I was fine living like this.
I waited for Aaliyah to finish and sat up to pull off the used condom. I reached over to grab another one out the drawer when I caught sight of her iPhone flashing. I ignored it and got another one to slide on.
"We’re gonna need another pack, Li," I called to her.
"I’ll get some tomorrow," she called back from the bathroom. I sat against the headboard and kept patient, then her phone flashed a second time. I noticed she received a new text, and my eyes narrowed when the name continued to flash in capital letters...
MARIK.

No comments:

Post a Comment