Wednesday 23 October 2013

Chapter ten

"Please join hands," the minister said with a genuine smile. 
This same fucking dream?!
This time it wasn't from a third eye. I looked at the minister with a smile and joined hands with Leon, but his hands felt different this time, smoother. I peered at the pair of unfamiliar hands, waiting for the dream to transpire. It was always the same!
"Leon Richards, do you take this woman, Rebecca Stellon, to be your lawfully wedded wife; and do you promise to love, honour, respect her, and comfort her, and keep her in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep thee only unto her for so long as you both shall live?" Still watching his hands, I heard him smile. 
"I do," he said. His voice was different this time, but I still didn't look at him. I just carried on smiling. If this was reality I would have punched him in the face and thrown him out the window...but I couldn't control this dream, it had to play out like it always did. I could only smile and say I do, like I usually did whenever I dreamed this fuckery.
"Rebecca Stellon, do you take this man, Leon Richards, to be your lawfully wedded husband; and do you promise to love, honour, respect him, and comfort him, and keep him in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, keep thee only unto him for so long as you both shall live?" 
I urged myself to say no, but the dream version of me gave a big grin. "I do." 
"I now with divine blessings and the power vested in me, joyfully pronounce you Husband and Wife...you may kiss the Bride." I finally looked up, expecting to see my new husbands face, but instead my eyes rested upon someone completely different; someone worse than Leon. My eyes widened and I gasped slightly. He smiled that slanted smile and the famous dimple showed. 
"Kiss number two Ree," he beamed. What? This wasn't the usual dream at all, what the hell? I stayed there frozen. With a chuckle he licked his lip and leaned closer... 
I quickly sat up panting and breathing heavily. Kayden?! Fuck no! No! Arghh!
How did he end up in my fucking dream?! No! This isn't right...I bet Jaideep spiked my drink or something, the cunt. I sighed and turned to my left to see an empty space beside me. Kayden wasn't around. I scratched my head and yawned. I didn't even know the time; all I knew is that I slept over at Kayden's which frankly was a big mistake. 
After stretching my body I turned to the other end of the bed to see a boy stood beside the bed watching me intently. I cocked my head sideways, confused as to who he was and why the hell he was staring. Suddenly my defensive side kicked in, and I found myself springing up from the bed, gripping onto his shoulders, and then pinning him down on the mattress.
"Who are you and why are you in here?" I questioned as calmly as possible.
He raised his hands up in protest. "Whoa, I just came to get something," he said quickly. I raised a brow; he had a cute adolescent voice. I released my grip on him and he sat up, peering at me. "I live here too," he explained.
I nodded slowly. "How long was you stood there?" He shrugged. He was a dodgy little shit init? "Who are you?" I asked again. He blinked repeatedly, and then his straight lips lifted up into a smile. He had the same slanted smile as Kayden, and it leaned to the left like his did too.
"You're Rebecca," he stated, no questions asked. He definitely knew, didn't even have to guess. This was making him all the more suspicious. I couldn't help but inwardly coo at his voice, it was on the verge of breaking. Watch when this little sod hits puberty.
"I might be..." I muttered, feeling slightly edgy.
He smiled again. "I know all about you."
I raised an eyebrow at the questionable statement. "Is that so?"
"Yeah, Kayden always talks about you; saying how nice you are and stuff." The corners of my mouth lifted up slightly. I was trying my hardest not to smile but failing miserably.
"What else does he say about me?" I questioned, taking a seat beside him. I couldn't help but stare; he was so cute.
He crossed his legs on the bed and thought, I took the time to analyse him. He had the longest hair...like really long. It was brown and thick, not to mention bushy. It rested neatly in a hairband and reached his back in one big bush. His eyes were something else—a nice hazel-ish colour. He was medium height and wore a yellow string-vest showing his little muscles. He wore baggy black jeans which hung loosely off his bum. Even with the badman look he was adorable, simply because of his height, voice, and age. Come to think of it, I didn't even know how old he was, or who he was for that matter. However, he was still a freak for watching me sleep regardless. I don't care what he says, he was watching me. He then clicked his fingers.
"He told his friend that you're the one...or something like that." He chuckled and I froze. 
I'm the what?! 
I drifted off and stared blankly at the wall, I just felt as blank as my expression. I didn't breathe or blink. No...Kayden needs to stop; I'm not the one for him, I could never be the one for him. We're friends, and that's all we'll ever be. I don't see him like that; he was merely just a friend. He was gonna make this complicated and I didn't want it to be. I can actually admit that he's a friend to me now, whereas before he was labelled an annoying cunt. Well, he still is, but he's my friend. I didn't want to upset him and reject him, but if this continued, I may have to. I should let him down easily, even though I do it all the bloody time. He never seems to get the message. I slowly peered towards the boy to see him watching me again. What is it with him and staring? 
"Are you gonna tell me who you are now?" I huffed after the lengthy silence. He opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by the door swinging open. My chest tightened. Speak of the devil.
"Ey, what you doing in here lil man?" Both of us watched as Kayden stood by the doorway in nothing but a towel, which was firmly wrapped around his waist. The V shape by the pelvis was visible once again. I shuddered. I've never seen a sight so sexy before. Even when I used to watch Leon hop out the shower, it didn't affect me like this. I tilted my head to the side as I continued to stare. His body was glistening with the droplets of water was running down his slender, muscular chest. This whole time I found I wasn't even breathing. I watched him in awe. Why can't the towel magically drop? I wish it did.
The boy smiled. "I'm talking to Rebecca."
Kayden shot him a stern look. "Now I'm telling you to get out."
The boy frowned slightly. "Why?"
"You really wanna do this?" Kayden threatened.
The boy sighed before turning to me. "Bye, Rebecca." I gave a little wave and he hopped off the bed.
Once he left the room, Kayden shut the door with the swift kick of his foot. He gave me a little smile and I raised a brow. Why must he smile at me when he's in this state? It wasn't healthy; I wanted to touch him, just once. I finally realised that the boy must be Kayden's little brother. I should have clocked this sooner but whatever.
"He's cute," I commented. Too cute. I bet he would grow up to be the type of boy who used their looks as advantage towards girls. He'd use them, he's like another Hayden.
Kayden kissed his teeth. "Cute? He's the fucking devil, stay away from him."
"He seems like a nice boy. He's eleven?" He nodded. "What's his name?" 
"Zaine." 
"Oh." Bare unusual. I knew a Zaine before, but he was in my nursery and I hated him cos he never let me ride the little red cars. I used to pull him out of it and kick him before stealing it and riding away. Good times. I watched Kayden as he walked to his wardrobe, which just so happened to be the side of the bed I was sat on. He stood in front of the wardrobe and opened it. I peered silently at his wet back then at the towel and sighed. I really wanted to pull it down; I found it hard to fight the burning urge and temptation. After inhaling his delectable fresh scent, I looked away.
He then scrutinised me closely. "You okay, Ree?"
I nodded still keeping my eyes on the door. Look at anything but him. "Yeah I'm cool," I replied quietly.
"What you looking at?" 
"Nothing, just thinking," I lied. I had a slight headache from yesterday, and the ache in my cheek was still present from when I had been punched. Kayden didn't have to know that though.
"About what?" 
"Something," I answered, still refusing to face him. 
"Hmm. Something, or someone?" Just at that moment, I glanced at him as he was slowly trailing his moist tongue over his bottom lip, giving me a glare as he did so. My breathing slowed then I cleared my throat.
"Something," I answered sternly with a straight face. He didn't need to know that my thoughts were based on him; he's big headed already. I watched him take out his black jeans and purple string vest with a black Nike hoody. He laid them on the bed and I concentrated on his every move. He slowly gripped the towel around his waist and tugged at them, but paused and turned to me. 
"You gonna watch me get changed?" he asked.
"Nah not even, I'll get out." I stood up ready to leave, until he stepped right in front of me, blocking my way. His body was now beginning to dry, however the fresh smell of soap and body-wash still clouded my nose. He peered down at me, but I averted his gaze, looking at his towel instead. The V-shape was taunting me; I wanted to run my finger along it. I bit my lip.
"What are you doing?" he asked, using his hand to grip my chin and bring my head back up so I was facing him once again.
"About to leave the room," I answered. His eyes burned into mine, full of intensity and something else, but I didn't know what.
"What if I don't want you to?" he challenged. My lips parted slightly in confusion. The hell is he on about?
"That's not up to you."
He chuckled, smirking in that sexy way. "I think it is."
My eyes squinted. He expected me to sit there and watched him get dressed? Deep down I wouldn't mind, but he shouldn't know that. "Get out the way Kayden," I warned, but he simply smiled. I then pushed him but he clutched onto my top and pulled me with him, causing us to both land on his bed; him on top of me. He smirked and rested his weight on me. As we watched each other silently, he ran his hands over my hair, pressing it down gently. Then he moved his face closer to mine, resting it by the crook of my neck. He inhaled and sighed deeply.
"You always smell so good," he whispered. My eyelids fluttered. I was only wearing his top and shorts, and he had on a towel. There wasn't much material separating our bodies. The idea was tempting. I sighed as he kissed my neck, grazing his teeth along my skin gently. I held onto his bushy damp hair and breathed heavily.
"You're doing it again," I muttered.
He then pulled away and smiled down at me. "Want a lap-dance?"
My eyes widened. "No! Fuck off."
He stood up and reached for his towel about to pull it off. I quickly closed my eyes and covered them. "Look Ree," I heard him say.
"Cover up you bitch. I don't wanna see anything."
He chuckled. "I'm covered..."
My eyes remained firmly shut. "Am I dumb? I don't believe you, Kayden."
"Seriously, come feel if you don't believe me."
I shuddered. "So you're not naked?" 
"I was only joking Ree, rarh." I heard him chuckle.
I sighed in relief and slowly opened my eyes to see him stood there fully naked with his hands behind his head, smiling and shaking his hips. My eyes shifted downward to the heavy thing bobbing up and down. I squealed and turned away. "Oh my God, Kayden! Cover up you tramp!" I yelled. I heard him laugh and then shuffling afterwards.
"I'm covered," he said again. 
"Fuck off, yuh too dyam lie." Instantaneously, I felt his hand grab my wrist and he yanked me forward, till I was stood up and colliding into his chest. I noticed the feel of the soft fabric brushing against my bare legs. I sighed. The towel was on. He held the small of my back with his forehead against mine.
"Believe me now?" he questioned on my lips.
"Whatever." This is proof that I had some form of power. I wished for the towel to magically drop...it didn’t. But I was close, since he pulled it down. Still, it was weird how it actually happened.
"We'll save my nakedness for another time," he whispered.
"Just get changed." He laughed and released me. He got hold of all his clothes in his hand and left, probably to change in another room or something. I sighed and lay back on the bed, still thinking of that dumb dream. Something was wrong with me—I was sure that I would have to consult a councillor. I remembered my auntie’s therapist and made a mental note to ask for the number. This was a serious issue.
I was back at home. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to meet Kayden's parents as they were both out doing their own thing. It's a shame, I would have liked to see his mum and ask if she was Spanish or not. It'd be funny if she wasn't, that would just prove that Kayden was lying about his heritage. Dumb guy.
I was resting on the floor and was close to completing my first draft of the coursework which Brooklyn had provided me with the day before. Eventually I gave up and packed everything away then set up my bag for tomorrow. I opened and closed my mouth to flex my aching cheek muscle. It was annoying, felt like something was there. 
I stood up and went to the body-length mirror and peered at my reflection. My eyes widened as they rested on my bruised swollen cheek. I touched it lightly and it stung, I flinched and screwed. If I ever see that Paul dude again, it's on. I left my room and headed into Andre's to see him on Facebook. He was looking at a video of people dancing in an environment full of loud music and tipsy people. 
"What kinda video are you watching?" I asked taking a seat next to him on the bed. 
"Some rave that was going on yesterday, it's on my bredrins page." I watched the video with him. There was a girl in particular that caught my eye; she was wearing a red fitted dress and was dancing close with a tall boy who had long busy hair. She appeared as tipsy as everyone else surrounding her.
"Look at her. You can tell she's had too much to drink, that's why I..." I trailed off when I realised the very girl that I was criticising was me. I was dancing with Kayden—grinding to be precise! The memory came back to me when we literally had dry sex on the dance floor. It was a good experience, but not one to be caught on camera. 
WHO RECORDED THIS? 
The angle of the camera changed and then it became blurry. My eyes widened and I grabbed the laptop from him and stared at the screen, watching me make a fool of myself. I looked a complete mess. Andre began to laugh when he realised it was me.
"You were tagged in it," he informed. I quickly came out of the video to see who had tagged me. Hayden. Hayden? How could he have recorded this...unless he was there himself...? 
"I'm signing out," I told him as I clicked the button. He kissed his teeth as I signed onto mine and went straight to Hayden's page. Time to investigate. 
Enter Sherlock Holmes.
I clicked on his pictures and there were photos of him at the very same rave. I raised a brow and went through all of them one by one. He was wearing red and black, I'm surprised I didn't notice him. The pictures showed everything, in every single one he was dancing with a different chick. I scoffed when I saw a picture of him whining with Aaliyah. Terrible. After that I went to another album that said "Wifey". I expected to see Shanay but tutted when I saw another girl instead: Mixed-race with short, curly hair and shimmering brown eyes. She was pretty. I wasn't really surprised actually. I warned Shanay on more than one occasion, and she chose not to listen to me. 
I continued to go through all his albums and soon got bored of seeing his cheating ass on the screen. I gave Andre back his laptop and left the room. I guess Shanay and I both have pricks who don't know how to commit. The only difference is that I know what Leon's doing, and I haven’t forgotten to destroy his life yet. I will do it...gradually.
*
The following week it was a Tuesday. I was at work and it was 4:15PM. I've been here since 3 as I had come straight from 6th form. I was chatting to Stacey who was on her break; I haven't seen her since last week. She comes and goes, which I found quite strange. Then she wonders why she doesn't get paid as much as Kayden and I. She was sat on the counter as I waited for the next dickhead to come and pay for their things.
"So how was it?" she asked referring to the rave on Saturday. I hadn't told her about it yet since she goes missing every other day.
"It was okay, but I got into a fight."
Her face changed. "What happened?" I told her everything that went down and she laughed when I told her I spat in the pricks face, but I didn't see the joke. He's lucky I didn't get out my knife, but I don't want to go jail at this age, I wasn't planning to. Yet. "So what happened afterwards?" she questioned. 
"Kayden came and fucked him up, so I was okay." I smiled and she laughed. 
"Aww isn’t that sweet. He came to the rescue and saved you." 
"This isn't some kind of fairytale shit. He helped me, not saved me." 
"Nope, he saved you. That's cute."
I raised an eyebrow. "How is it cute?" 
"Cos he likes you." 
"How do you know?" 
"Rebecca, its bait that he does. And I'm not thick; I see the way he looks at you and the way he talks to you. And you do the same back most times."
I scoffed. What is she on about? "No I don't." 
"You do. You don't realise it but you flirt with him." 
"Are you high on butt crack? How the hell do I flirt with Kayden?" Me flirt with Him? That's just insane. She must be high, that's the only explanation. 
"Remember last week when you two were talking in the staff room? You had your leg draped over his while looking into his eyes and smiling. It was sexual tension." She laughed and my mouth dropped. I had learned two things about Stacey today.
1) She was a spy.
2) She was a liar.
"I don't remember doing that. I'd never do that," I defended.
"I know you wouldn't. I know how you are now, I was surprised myself when I saw. But as soon as I walked in you started cursing him for being close to you."
I shook my head slowly. "Are you sure it was me? I wouldn't do that." She laughed again and I heard two people approach the counter, but I was still facing Stacey. 
"Becc's I'm telling you. You might not remember but I wouldn't lie. You were flirting with him."
"Excuse me," I heard a girl interject quietly from my right. 
"Hold on," I said sternly holding my finger up at the pair, I was still peering at Stacey. "Are you tryna say that I like him?"
She done a weird expression followed by a smile. "I didn't say that did I?" 
"But that's what you're implying, init?" 
"Hmm..." 
"Well don't! He's only just become my friend. I don't like him. He's an annoying cunt. I wouldn't like someone like him."
"Okay," she acquiesced with a chuckle. 
"I don't like him," I said again, more serious this time.
"Yeah, I believe you." She still had that smile on her face. 
"I don't fucking like him!" I shouted getting agitated. 
"Hello!" the same girl said again.
"What?!" I turned to see a mixed-race girl with short curly hair and a boy with his arm around her. The girl had a pair of converses in her hand.
"I wanna buy this." 
"Go on then." I gave her a weird look and turned to Stacey, who was laughing. "What's funny?"
"Have you forgotten you're the one behind the counter?"
"Oh yeah." I faced the girl who was stood there screwing and took the converses off her. Stacey laughed and hopped off the counter then walked away. I realised the girl was still screwing. "Don't screw me like I'm some dickhead, you have to learn to be patient cos patience is a virtue. Didn't your momma ever tell you that?" I scanned them and placed them in a bag and she handed me the money. I put the money in the till. 
"Rebecca?" I heard the boy utter. 
I looked up and noticed that the boy was Hayden. Hayden? Why is this boy appearing everywhere I go? He had the audacity to be stood there with his arm around this chick, who I knew looked familiar. She was the same one in his pictures on Facebook. My brows knitted together. How dare he say my name so softly like me and him were close. How dare he. Does he want a slap? 
I simply cut my eye at him and gave the girl her change and receipt. Hayden glared at me, waiting for some acknowledgement. The girl noticed and tugged at his arm.
"Come on, we're going back to yours, remember?" She tugged again. He slowly turned away from me and they both left. Right now I would have called Shanay quick time and told her, but let her discover it for herself, since I was jealous and trying to ruin what they both had. Blind bitch.
After a while Stacey came back holding a box of trainers. "Where's Kayden?" she asked.
I became stiff. "Why should I know?" 
"I was wondering. He was meant to be here ages ago, we had the same shift today and he still isn't here." For some reason my heart was now thumping against my chest. That wasn't a good sign. Kayden was always at work, on time aswell. He was the most punctual person I knew. For him to be absent was abnormal. I wasn't scared to admit that I was worried. I hope he hasn't done anything stupid.
Two hours later I was walking down the road once my shift was over. My brain was crowded with thoughts about Kayden and his absence. I wondered where he could be. If it wasn't for Stacey, I wouldn't have noticed. I thought it was his day off, but I was wrong. Maybe I was over-exaggerating a little bit. He might just be sick, you never know. But I wanted to be sure, so I hopped on the bus and went to his. 
Once I got there I rang the doorbell and waited patiently. I expected Kayden to open the door but instead, the door opened swiftly and a pretty light-skinned woman emerged. She was medium height with lovely brown hair that hung down her shoulders in loose curls. She looked like she was in her late 30's and had nice hazel eyes—Just like Kayden and Zaine. 
"Hi...erm, is Kayden in?" I questioned awkwardly.
"No, sorry he's gone somewhere with a friend. He'll be back soon though if you wouldn't mind waiting for him." I nodded and smiled. She opened the door wider and I stepped in. She then shut the door gently before turning to me. "You can wait in the living room," she announced with a polite warm smile. I nodded and went in there and sat down.
I didn't get the chance to analyse the house when I was here last week. Their living-room was nice and modern, along with the whole house. The walls were a lovely cream colour and the sofas were brown leather. The carpet was cream also and the curtains were brown. They had a massive wide-screen TV and many ornaments. Talk about living the sweet live; Kayden is a lucky prick.
Everything was matched well, I was impressed. I spotted the numerous pictures on the wall of Kayden and Zaine when they were younger. The picture that caught my eye was one of Kayden in his mother’s lap, looked about 4 or 5. He wore dungarees and had his hair tied back into a big bush. His two front teeth were missing as he grinned at the camera. I found it so adorable and made a mental note; this is something to rub in his face later.
My eyes then rested on the family portrait which mounted on the feature wall. Kayden stood on the left hand side with his hands in his pockets showing his slanted smile. Stood beside him was his dad who looked exactly like him; only slightly darker and taller with less hair...not to mention the Trey Songz look he had going on. Kayden's dad looked a lot like him, especially since his hair was trimmed and wavy. Kayden's mum was stood next to his dad and had both of her hands on Zaine's shoulder who was smiling widely at the camera. It was a truly beautiful picture. They seemed like the typical, perfect family. I wouldn't be able to experience that anymore with my mum not around, but I've learned to accept that. Kayden's mum came in shortly afterwards with a cup of tea in her hand. She switched the TV on and sat down on the opposite sofa.
"You're Rebecca aren't you?" she questioned.
"Yes," I answered politely with a nod. 
"I've heard so much about you. Kayden's crazy about you."
My lips couldn't help but lift up into an embarrassed smile. "So I've been told."
She laughed and sipped her tea. "So are you two together?"
I wanted to scoff right there and then. "No, erm...I'm a friend."
She nodded slowly. "That's a shame. You seem like a nice young girl for Kay. He always goes for the wrong ones that I disapprove of. One of them even took some of my money."
I frowned. "I'm sorry to hear that."
"Oh no, don't be. I got that money back. She will remember me for the rest of her life, trust me." I laughed, his mum was funny. She reminds me of an older, more sophisticated version of me. "So how do you know Kayden?" she asked, steering the conversation further.
"From work. We started on the same day."
"How is he at work?" I shrugged. I could easily tell her the truth that he sometimes slacked off, but I decided to help him out.
"He's good, very hard worker. Our manager likes him a lot." Well, that wasn't a lie.
She smiled proudly. "That's good to hear, he's been slacking on his college work though, I have to knock him down a few pegs."
I laughed. "Do you know where he's gone?"
She shook her head once more before taking another sip. "He said that he had to go somewhere with a friend." 
"Oh, okay."
"It seemed quite urgent actually. He's lucky I allowed him to miss work. I don't usually let him do that. His dad is very serious when it comes to Kayden's work aswell, but he thinks Kayden went to work today. What he doesn't know won't hurt him." She done a cheeky smile and I giggled. She was awesome! I liked her. She was a parent, but still had my kind of humour and attitude. Just then I heard the front door slam and heavy footsteps ascending the stairs. I glanced at Kayden's mum who appeared just as confused. "Kayden?" she called out. The person didn't reply.
I heard a door slam again upstairs. I stood up. "It might be him, I'll check."  
"Go ahead, these boys get me stressed. I don't want wrinkles just yet."
I laughed and left the living room then paused. I turned back to her and gave a gentle smile. "Quick question. Are you part Spanish?" She blinked, taken aback by the random query and then nodded. I then headed upstairs, cursing Kayden mentally. I guess he wasn't lying; he did have Spanish in him after all. Oh well. I went to his door and opened it slowly to see him putting a black plastic bag in his top drawer. The door creaked, causing him to stiffen and turn to me.
"Ree...what you doing here?" he asked puzzled.
"You weren't at work. I came to see if you were alright." I went closer to him and stared. He had a cut above his eyebrow and a busted lip. He noticed me staring and turned away.
"Course I'm alright. Just had important things to do." He dragged off his hoody then placed it in the wash basket before kicking off his Airforces.
I sat down on his bed and just watched him. I realised he looked slightly pissed off and kept clenching and unclenching his jaw. "What's wrong with you?" I asked. 
"Nothing," he muttered.
"You're bleeding. Doesn't seem like nothing."
"It's a minor," he replied sharply, looking away. The cuts on his face then brought me to sudden attention. I stood up and remained right in front of him, peering inquisitively. I slowly brought my hand up to the cut above his eyebrow. I stroked it softly and examined his face. He didn't appear his usual self; that much was evident. He closed his eyes momentarily and sighed.
"Did Paul do this?" I asked, cupping his cheek.
His hand rested on mine and he stroked it softly. Still with his eyes closed he shook his head. "No."
I then traced his bottom lip, touching the blood and then showing him my finger. "Look at that, that's not minor," I whispered.
His face turned stern. "Yeah it is."
My brow rose. "Tell me." 
"It's not important Becc's." He kissed his teeth and swatted my hand away then left the room. I was left stunned. He literally disregarded me and walked off. That was rude...he's never been rude to me before. Not once. Until now. Something was up, and I'm about to find out what. I quickly headed to his drawers and opened the one that I had seen him giving so much attention to. Once I opened the top drawer cautiously my breath slowed at the sight of the black bag which was tied up. I untied it to discover small bags of weed inside. My face was blank. I couldn't even react.
Weed? Why did he have so much?
Was he shottin'?
"What you doing?" I jumped startled and closed the drawer before turning to face him. He was stood in the doorway, his face now clear, though the cuts were still visible.
"Nothing," I answered quietly.
"Why you going through my stuff Ree? What the fuck is wrong wid you?" He raised his voice. I gave him an odd look. Did he just swear at me?
"Calm down."
"Don't tell me to calm down. You're going through my stuff." 
"Cos you're acting dodgy and you won't tell me what's wrong!" 
"So you go through my draws?"
I turned back around and retrieved the bag of weed I had just seen and brought it close to his face. "What are you doing with this?" I asked. Did he understand the consequences of this?
He grabbed it out of my hand fiercely. "It hasn't got shit to do wid you," he growled angrily. I stared into his eyes in confusion. They were angry and clouded. Why was he acting like this? He's been his normal, sweet self up until now, and he's changed—he's different.
He just swore at me, again...
"Why have you got it Kayden?"
He scowled as he tied the bag. "You don't need to know." 
"I don't need to know, but I would like to."
"Stop tryna get involved. I'm a big man; you don't need to know what I get up to."
"Really?" I muttered.
He regarded me with a disgusted expression. "Just get out Ree, fuck off."
I was stunned by that. He was truly pissed. I didn't like this side of him at all. To speak to me in such a way... I breathed deeply and narrowed my eyes at him. "Fine," was all I said before leaving his room. I walked down the steps and saw his mum exit the living-room. 
"Was it him?" she asked referring to Kayden.
I nodded and forced a smile. "Yep. I'm gonna go now. Bye." I waved.
She smiled that warm smile. "Goodbye Rebecca. See you soon."
"Not very likely," I mumbled to myself. I left the house and strolled down the road with clenched fists. After all the worrying, this is how he repays me? Well fuck him then. If he wants to act this way towards me then fuck him! Just when I began to accept him as a friend, he does this shit to ruin it. He could've told me calmly, he could've gone about the situation differently. Instead, he chose to curse and yell at me like I was a little child.
How fucking dare he.
I was beginning to put my trust in him. I perceived him to be unlike other males. He was different, he was perfect. Today just proved that I was wrong. He was just like the others. I screwed the road ahead and turned the corner. Now me and him were back at square one. Seriously, fuck him. He can piss off, I just won't bother anymore. This was the last time I allowed someone in...especially a male.
I guess now I've lost two close friends of mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment