Thursday 24 October 2013

Chapter seventeen

Becca
It's hot, and I was pissed off. Who told the friggin’ sun to come out? I actually despised the sun. All it does is give sunburns and cancer. Forget that! I stood behind the counter of Footlocker fanning myself. My wrist was beginning to hurt from the vigorous movement.
I hate heat!
The air con wasn't doing much either. I kissed my teeth as I folded the Nike tracksuit up and stuffed it into the bag, before handing it over to the purchaser. Some prick. He took the bag off me in exchange for the money. 
"Summin’ wrong?" he asked, noticing my screw face. 
"Not at all. I'm dandy, just burning in this heat." I tutted and he laughed. It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have to wear these Footlocker shirts. They were heavy. I'd walk around in my bra if it were to get any worse.
"I see what you mean, it's like 29 degrees."
"Yet you're stood there wearing a hoody? Are you fucking stup-..." I stopped myself and held my tongue before I said anything rude.
 He simply laughed. "Have to keep up with the swagger man." I had to admit, he was well-dressed. I just nodded and told him to have a nice day. He gave a little smile before walking off. I groaned in agony at the annoying music being played through the speakers. I felt like smashing each speaker. I banged my head on the counter out of boredom and began to zone out.
"What are you doing?" I peered up to see a confused Nathan with an eyebrow raised. 
"Nothing out of the ordinary," I answered casually, banging my head again. It was true, I did it all the time and my cranium hadn't suffered any damage. Strange that it didn't hurt. Maybe I was so used to doing it. This counter must have a shape of my forehead indented by now, the amount of times I've banged my head against it.
He shook his head in dismay. "Stacey isn't here. Why don't you stack?" 
"Cos BB's a prick." I screwed.
"True. Well stay there then." He grinned and walked off.
I scoffed and watched him as he walked off in a smug manner. I then made a mental note to trap him in the store room later. 
Just then Kayden emerged from the back doors. He was here before me since he had an earlier shift. He spotted me and waltzed over with a smile on his face. 
God, why now? 
He leaned on the counter like he usually did whilst staring into my eyes intensely. I simply stared back. What was wrong with him? 
"Can I help you?" I questioned with a blank face.
"You can. Wanna do something afterwards?" he asked quietly.
My eyebrow rose. "Something like what?" 
"Some of the man’s agreed to jam at the park today. You wanna come?"
I rolled my eyes. "Am I one of the man’s?" 
"No, but I want you there."
"Why? So I can watch you lot play fight and probably kick a ball around, or move any chick you see?"
He chuckled and his shoulders hunched. "Why would I move any chick when I've got one right here?" He smiled sweetly but my face remained blank. 
There's one I haven’t heard before...
"Okay, I'll come, but I wanna get changed first."
He shrugged. "Fine by me. I'll follow."
"You always follow. Don't you need to get changed yourself?"
A sideways smirk appeared. "I'm alright." I analysed him. He wore a plain white top with beige combats and fresh white Airforces. It was hard to see his eyes since his NY cap covered them. I nodded slowly in response then noticed two girls were watching him from behind. They appeared possessed, it was quite disturbing. 
"Erm, Kayden..." I began.
"What?" He saw where I was pointing and spun around. The girls quickly looked elsewhere. Stalkers. He chuckled before turning back to me. "Girls these days."
"Tell me about it." Who'd want to stalk Kayden? C'mon now. I noticed his hair was out and no longer in cornrows. "When did you take out the plaits?" 
"Yesterday. It was itchy. You're gonna have to do it for me again." 
"Are you asking, or telling?" I gave a stern look and he smiled.
"Telling."
"Then you can fuck off."
His eyes gleamed. "That was rude, Ree."
I sighed. "Whatever."
"You're on your first warning." I rolled my eyes. "And besides..." His smile broadened as he leaned closer. I stiffened as his body came nearer to mine. His lips grazing my cheek as he goes to whisper in my ear, "I'll make it worth your while." My body froze and he gently tugged at my earlobe with his teeth. 
Argh, he can't do this now. Not here!
My body was beginning to surrender and I took a deep breath. Everything south was tightening. He always had this effect on me. 
"When?" I managed to get out.
"Whenever you want," he breathed in my ear.
"I can do it on Saturday," I muttered.
He pulled back and gave a genuine smile. "Saturday it is then."
I peered away, fighting the urge to drag him behind the counter and sexually assault him. He laughed at me and turned to another girl in particular, a young one who was in her school uniform. Please don't tell me he was a pervert? Lord, why do I always attract the strange guys?!
"I swear I know her," he muttered to himself.
I shrugged. "Go and find out." He walked over to her and they started talking, but she stared up at him with a confused expression. I found it hilarious.  
"Excuse me; may I talk to the manager?" I turned to the short Caucasian woman stood before me. By the look on her face, I could tell she wasn't here to fuck around. 
"He's absent today," I answered politely.
"Well, isn't there anyone I could speak to?"
I sighed inwardly. "What seems to be the problem?" 
"One of the workers was terribly rude to me, and I won't tolerate it."
Oh God...Nathan.
That guy was always rude to customers, Mr. Herman was aware of this. If this continued I could see Nathan disappearing and losing his job. The poor sod. 
"I'll be sure to take care of it, sorry for the inconvenience." She nodded and walked away. "Bitch," I added. I was so pissed off; the heat was really beginning to take its toll on me. I wanted to punch someone for no reason at all. That was when my phone went off. I looked to see dad was calling.
"Hey dad," I greeted dryly. 
"What's wrong wid you?" he asked. 
"Nothing. What's up?" 
"I'm going to a friends for a day or two; I want you to look after the house for me while I'm gone." 
"Alright. Why are you going for two days?" 
"It might not be two, maybe three." 
"But why?" I looked and saw Kayden walk through the back doors after winking at me.
"My good friend is ill right now, I want to be there for him." 
"Oh, sorry to hear that." 
"It's alright, I'm sure he'll be fine. I'm already on my way there, so whilst I'm gone whatever money you need is in the cupboard. And anything else, just ask Kieran. I've already told him." 
"Urgh, that boy. Why would you leave him in charge? He won't even be in the house half the time." Just out fucking hoes, that's all he ever does. 
"He better be, if not I'll sort him out when I come back."  
I couldn't help but chuckle. "Fair enough." 
"Make sure Andre gets all of his homework done." 
"Don't worry, he will." While I'm bulllying him. "But I’m not gonna baby-sit. He's fourteen; he can look after himself now." 
"No, him too stupid." 
I laughed and noticed one of the workers watching me. No doubt she'd report back to Mr Herman when he got back.
"I have to get back to work," I told him.
"Okay, I'll speak to you soon." 
"Bye, Dad." I locked off and put my phone away then went back to being bored. It was like friggin' routine here! I decided to occupy my time by analysing my hair. I had a lot of split ends, it was actually ridiculous. I then noticed there were four girls stood at the counter peering up at me inquisitively. Two of them were Kayden's stalkers from earlier and one of them was the confused one that Kayden tried to talk to. They all looked so adorable.
"Look at you ragamuffins in your school uniforms. It's cute." I grinned at them and they all laughed in return. In harmony aswell, how strange. "Who's buying something?"
The mixed-race girl placed the box of Pastry's on the counter. Using the Footlocker bag I slid the box inside after scanning the tag and held out my hand. She retrieved the cash from her purse and handed it to me. I then put the money in the till and gave the girl her bag. They were all adorable and young. I missed the school days; having to wear a uniform, being nervous around boys, getting into fights etc.
"Your name's Becca?" the confused light-skinned one asked me.
"No, it's Rebecca, but I prefer Becca." She nodded and I cooed at her. She reminded me of myself when I was her age. "I remember the uniform you're wearing. You go to the school not too far from here, right? Near St Martin." They all nodded and I peered at the same girl. She seemed oddly familiar somehow. "I swear I've seen you before at the..." I paused and noticed that I had actually seen this girl before.
Walking.
In the middle of the road.
Right before Kamar had hit her with his car.
She was wearing the same uniform; the same one which was covered in dark red blood. The weirdest thing was...she seemed absolutely fine now. My eyes widened in complete shock. How did she get better already? How?! 
"How...h-how did you recover so quickly?" I questioned, suddenly feeling edgy. This child must be a poltergeist. It was impossible to recover in the space of a month or so.
"What do you mean?" she asked, peering at me as if I had grown another head. She acted as if everything was perfectly normal, as if she wasn't close to death the moment a car slammed into her body. 
I remember the scene so vividly. I dreamt about it aswell, too often. The blood gushing from her head, her crooked legs, and her whimpering face as she lay there dismantled in the middle of the road. The memory alone was enough to make me shit myself, and now here she stood staring into my eyes in confusion and contempt. 
"The...the car. There was blood everywhere and...you survived?" I was still trying to figure out how this was possible after the extreme collision that had taken place. I was certain it was her, there was no mistaking it. Her and her friends watched me with blank faces, all of them blinking in confusion.
"Come, let's go," one of them said. They led her outside, but her eyes never once left mine. They eventually exited and I was left stunned for awhile. That was more than fucked up. I shook my head and decided to take my mind off it. I was doing well in terms of being nice to people, especially strangers. I've been close to losing it a couple of times, but I always managed to contain my anger and calm myself, only just.
My shift was soon over. Kayden and I walked down the road in a comfortable silence. His eyes were glued to his phone whilst I remained angry at the sun that was beating down on us. It had gotten even hotter since. It was actually jarring me, I hated the heat—it just wasn't for me. I felt Kayden's eyes fall on me. He could already sense my frustration.
"Still hot, Ree?"
"I can't wait to get inside. My hair is sizzling and I can feel my skin burning by the second." I kissed my teeth and he laughed.
"You can't expect it to be cold all the time." 
"I can, and it should be. I prefer cold to hot."
He chuckled. "You should rub ice on yourself, and let me help."
"Piss off."
"You getting rude again? Do you want a second warning?" I kept my mouth shut and he gave an evil smirk.
Fuck you, Kayden.

Kayden
We soon arrived at Ree's yard and stepped in after she opened the door with her keys. She kicked off her pumps and headed straight upstairs, with me following behind. Couldn't help but watch her fat ass jiggle as she climbed the stairs. I didn't mind walking behind her at all. Had to keep my hands in my pockets to prevent myself from grabbing. Soon the week will be over, and then I could touch her again. Once in her room I cotched a seat on the bed and peered at her. She appeared hot and flustered; I liked the look. She quickly grabbed her towel and headed for the door.
"Be right back," she announced before leaving the room.
I sighed and lay back on the bed. I rubbed my face and closed my eyes. I've never been so tired before, it was beginning to affect me. Been too busy staying out late at night and searching for this Leon prick. He was smart; he knew that we're after him. He's decided to keep on the down low. It was cool since I was certain that he wouldn't be safe for long. One of these days we'll catch him slippin', and we will get him. I rested my hands behind my head and breathed deeply.
I laid there for a few minutes and was drifting off, until I heard the door hinges squeak.  I opened one eye to see Ree enter the room once again, shutting the door with her foot. She stood there by the door with her favourite purple towel wrapped around her securely...dripping wet. My other eye opened on its own accord and I stared at her intently. Her damp brown hair now hung in ringlets, past her shoulders and resting on the curve of her breasts. My eyes ran over her figure, which was still visible even with the towel on. I sat up and continued to stare. 
Was she doing this on purpose? 
She noticed my expression and raised a brow. "What?" she asked. As if she didn't know. I watched her curves and found myself licking my bottom lip. Fuck.
"Hurry up and get changed," I muttered.
She peered down at herself, then back at me. She then gave a devilish grin and strutted over to her wardrobe then leaned against it, arms folded across her chest. "What if I don't want to?" she challenged.
I rubbed my face and closed my eyes momentarily. I then stood up and walked towards her. She studied me closely, still keeping her stance as I got closer. I stood in front of her, forehead on hers and my hands rested by either side of her on the wardrobe. "You don't want a repeat of the last time, do you?" I asked quietly.
Her lips parted and she began to breathe heavily. "Maybe I do," she whispered.
I sighed. She was going to cause something serious right now. I moved my hands down on the wardrobe behind her. My palms were almost burning; knowing I couldn’t touch her for two more days—might aswell kill me now. I brought my face closer and she breathed on my lips.
"You're a naughty girl, Ree."
She bit onto her bottom lip teasingly and cupped my face in her hands. "Then you should punish me," she said seductively. 
I breathed deeply and kissed her lips softly. Her body relaxed against mine as my tongue explored her mouth. She groaned quietly and bucked her hips towards me. I was close to running my hands over her curves. She pulled away and smiled. "No touching," she muttered. I grunted and felt like taking her right there against the wardrobe. 
But I couldn't touch.
I moved away and she gave me a knowing look, now beginning to unravel her towel. I turned away before I saw any exposed skin. I heard her laugh and kissed my teeth, falling back onto the bed.
"Fell for it again," she said merrily.
"Get changed," I replied sternly.
"I want you to help me." I sighed and she laughed. "Alright, alright." I closed my eyes once again, now feeling horny, tired and frustrated all at once. I don't know how I've managed to survive the past couple of days with her teasing me. Each day was a struggle. I wanna be able to feel her. I was going insane. 
"Hurry up."
"Don't rush me! Never rush a girl when she's getting ready, unless you want to experience death." She screwed me. I sighed and closed my eyes again. I didn't want to look at her, I can control myself. Calm down, Kayden. You've been tempted before. Calm the fuck down...
"It's too tight," I heard her complain. I turned and saw her wearing something similar to a boob tube. Her breasts were more prominent and noticeable. I stared at her assets and felt my piece twitch in my boxers. 
"Shit," I mumbled.
She sighed. "I can't wear this."
"Don't," I agreed. I'd do more than caress her if she decided to keep it on. She eventually got changed into a light blue fitted top and a pair of shorts (might aswell have been batty riders with her fat ass) and Vans. We soon left hers since no-one was there and began walking to the park. Nicholas started bellin'.
"Yo."
"Where you at?" he asked
"Coming now, gimme five minutes." 
"Cool." He locked off and I put my phone away.
As we walked down the road I noticed bare gyal showing off their legs and stomachs. Some even walked around in their bikinis. This is why I loved summer; it’s coming and you can tell. Nuff chicks wearing barely any clothing, which was a benefit for us man. Presenting their bodies and putting them on show, it's fantastic. I thank God when I see this shit. 
I spotted one girl across the road; swinging her hips and wearing nothing but a tight boob tube and batty riders with gladiator sandals. I couldn't help but stare as she stood by the bus stop. She should swing that my way, I'd show her a couple tings. The only problem was the bigger the girl, the more confidence they had. They start wearing clothes that are three sizes smaller. It was scary; witnessing the cellulite jiggle in places you wouldn't even believe. That's where it all goes downhill. 
I noticed Ree was texting on her brand new phone. It was amazing how she already upgraded to a new one since the old one had a little crack on the screen.
Girls are something else.
"Why didn't you just get a Blackberry?" I asked. By the way she screwed her face I could tell what she thought of the idea. I found her screw face to be a turn-on though.
"Don't want one, everyone has them."
"That's the whole point." She rolled her eyes. "Plus it's easier to keep in touch with BBM init."
"Who cares man? That's what contract is for, and WhatsApp." I shrugged and we soon arrived at the park. All the usual mans were already by the main bench, jamming and smoking, whereas Christian was further away, screwing the rest of them as they smoked. I had to laugh.
"So these are your wastemans?" she asked as we neared them. 
"Be nice," I whispered. 
"Always am." She gave a sarcastic smile and we went over to them. They all watched her closely and smiled. 
"Cool Tempz." I nodded and spudded all of them, noticing Nic's poor attempt to stare at Becc's slyly. His eyes travelled all over her body, like she was exposed. I screwed.
"You gonna introduce us?" he questioned with his eyes on her and her only. He best be careful, he was my main man but I won't hesitate to punch his bean head. 
"You know Becc's," I said. 
"Rebecca, actually," she corrected. I gave her a sideways glance and she smiled sweetly. Clapz and Rider both watched her intently. Their own girls were stood right there yet they were eyeing up my Ree. Fuck sake is everyone just gonna gape at her all day? I don't like the way they're undressing her with their eyes. My screw deepened.
"Come we do something," Ken suggested, spitting in the grass. 
"Anyone got a ball?" I asked.
"I've got two," Dwane grinned.
"You're fucked man. I meant a football." 
"Yeah, come we play." We all agreed and got started.

Becca
It's been roughly an hour and I must admit that I was enjoying myself. The sun had fucked off and now a cool breeze filled the air instead. I sat back and watched these twats play football. They had separated into teams and were making as much noise as the little children in the play area. I had Kayden's cap on my head since he kindly asked me to look after it for him. As I watched, I carried on my conversation with two of their girls. There were only 3 of us, and we were all talking about random shit.
"Don't you think if Kenneth had long hair he'd look like Bob Marley?" Clapz' girl, Elizabeth said with a serious expression. Rider's chick, Danielle, started laughing. 
"Which one's that?" I asked. She pointed to one of the tall slim ones who were running about. I remembered his distinctive baby face in the passenger seat of Kamar's car the time we went to the rave. After that I never saw him again, even after the fact. He was attractive, just not my type.
"He looks nothing like Bob Marley," Danielle answered, analysing him as he scored a goal and done a cartwheel on the grass.
"He does, and that guy Levi Roots; the one who made Reggae Reggae sauce." We burst out laughing. 
"Why men with dreadlocks?" 
"Dreadlocks would suit him, don't you think?" We both shook our head and she shrugged. 
"If Kayden cut his hair he'd look like Fazer from Ndubz," Danielle said staring at him. I snorted at the ridiculous comment.
"What? No! He'd look like a lighter version of Trey Songz," Elizabeth protested.
"Nah, Fazer!"
She rolled her eyes. "Whatever, either way he's still sexy." Elizabeth watched Kayden as he slid off his top and threw it somewhere. "Yeah, take it off baby," she muttered to herself. Danielle gave her an odd look as she stared, whereas I was getting ready to whack her over the head with my shoe. 
"Liz, what the fuck? You have Clapz," Danielle gasped dramatically.
"Yeah, doesn't mean I can't watch other brehs." She gave a small smile. My lip twitched.
"That's just perverted."
She turned to Danielle. "You said you'd fuck him."
"I wasn't with Rider at the time." 
"Why do you call them by their nicknames?" I asked licking my double-cone ice cream. They both paused and gave each other a look, before turning to me. 
"They said we should. They don't like their normal names."
"What are their normal names?" I questioned, leaning closer.
Elizabeth giggled. "Can't say."
I rolled my eyes and spotted Kayden pouring water over himself from his Evian bottle. The water cascaded his broad firm chest, dripping down his toned torso and dissolving into the waist of his combats. My mouth parted and I breathed deeply at the sight. Is he putting on a show for me? If so, I'm all eyes.
"Mm, he's all wet," I heard Elizabeth whisper. My eyes snapped in her direction and she laughed at mine and Danielle's expression. "I'm just fucking about. Kayden's a good friend, plus his girl is sitting right here."
My eyes narrowed instantly. "I know you ain't talking about me," I muttered sternly.
She noticed my glare and paused. "Are you not with him?" 
"Fuck no! He's just a friend."
"Oh, shame." They both laughed. I didn't find it funny. I was sick of people assuming that we were together. We were kinda close, I'll admit that, but there's no way in hell we would go out. I know it; he knows it, so everyone else should bloody know it! 
"How can you not be with him? He's a nice guy." Danielle stared at me quizzically.
I shrugged. "I don't like him in that way."
Elizabeth leaned closer. "But he likes you, right?"
"Yeah. He tells me all the time." 
"And how do you feel when he says that?"
I watched the both of them, scrutinising and curious. "Why does this feel like an interview?"
They laughed in unison again. "I wanna know."
I shrugged a second time. "Normal. There's no feelings there." 
"Are you sure you're not just covering up your feelings because you're afraid?" I stared at Elizabeth blankly, blinking a few times.
"Say what?"
"I was the same with Clapz, but eventually I accepted the fact that I actually did feel the same way he felt about me, but I was hiding it. I realised it was because I was afraid of commitment. He showed me that a relationship can only work when two people contribute. He treats me right and I love him." There was a slight blush in her cheeks. "I know he loves me back." I blinked a few more times. What the fuck is she going on about?
Afraid? Of commitment? Has she been sniffing that good coke?
"Sorry, but I disagree," I replied looking away.
She shrugged and drank more of her Fanta. "The only thing I regret is giving it away too early," she said after another sip. 
"Giving what, your feelings?" Danielle questioned.
"No, my V. I could have waited a little longer but it was tempting." I shuddered and she laughed at my reaction. "Sex is a natural, beautiful experience. What's your problem?" 
"It's natural but it shouldn't be. It's a boy’s hobby and it's something they do to use girls just to make themselves feel better. Pricks," I huffed.
"I disagree. Sex is about bonding and showing that you really care about the other person, and are willing to give them your all." Danielle smiled.
"Bullshit," I muttered.
 They both started creasing. "You're a funny girl. Why haven't I met you before?"
"Ask that dickhead," I retorted.
"Why are you so rude?" 
"This is me being nice, be grateful." Thank God Kayden wasn't around to give me a second warning. I wonder what would happen if I reached my third. Would he punish me?
I smiled at the idea.
We carried on talking whilst the boys played more idiotic games. They even raced eachother; Kayden was victorious, with Kenneth being second. Minutes later, Kayden and Clapz walked over to us. Kayden grinned at me and I stared blankly at him in return. I refused to let his bare chest and torso captivate me.
"I'm not your dentist; must I see your teeth?"
He laughed. "Are you being rude, Ree?" 
I rolled my eyes. He picked up the bottle of water that was lying next to me and drank some. I stared at his body on the sly. His pacs were coming along nicely, and his abdomen was so firm until he flexed. It was just...wow. His muscles were hypnotising me in a way that I couldn’t even decipher. I didn't even blink.
"Kayden, can I have a piggy back?" Elizabeth asked sweetly.
He threw the bottle back down before glancing at her. "Yeah, hop on." He smirked playfully and bent down, granting her access to his back. She smiled and climbed on.
"So you wanna exclude man, Liz?" Clapz frowned and she giggled in response. 
"Nah not even, it's just that Kayden's taller. I get a better view." 
"I see how it is."
"I'll take good care of her," Kayden promised, nudging him in the arm. He then gave me a devilish grin, and from there on, I knew he was up to no good. He then began to spin around very quickly, making Elizabeth dizzy. She yelped and screamed, complaining about her hair. Everyone watched on and laughed at the sight, including me. He then ran to a near-by bush and released her so she fell in. At that point everyone's laughter grew louder. That was out of order. Kayden laughed and refused to help her up. Her head resurfaced, with a hair-full of leaves and twigs.
She growled angrily, "KAYDEN YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" That made it even funnier! She got out the bush and grabbed her bottle of Fanta then chased after him. When she got close enough, she poured it all over his head. Everyone started hollering as she ran back over to us. 
"He's gonna kill me!" she laughed breathlessly. 
"He deserved it," Danielle sat up from her endless laughing, sprawled out on the grass. I continued to lick my ice-cream, waiting for this to pan out.
Fuck EastEnders, this was getting interesting.
"Liz! Come here if you're bad!" Kayden was slowly approaching, trudging towards us with an evil glint in his eye. He looked so nice the way his skin was glistening in the sun with his wet chest. Even though he had changed into his string vest earlier, everything was clearly visible as if it were transparent. 
"I'm sorry!" she called out to him.
"You fucked up my hair. Come ‘ere!" She then darted to a far tree and he started speeding after her. 
"Aren't you gonna help your girl?" Kayden's friend, Nicholas, asked.
Clapz shrugged and folded his arms over his chest. "Let her learn a lesson." They laughed and all started chasing after her, along with Kayden. 
"She's gonna need backup," Danielle said. She went in her pouch and retrieved her bottle of water, then opened the lid. "Let's get these motherfuckers." I nodded and stood up after her. Everyone was loaded with water, when all I possessed was ice-cream.
Oh well, this may come in handy.
We ran after some of the boys, but made sure we weren't seen or heard. After all, there was only three of us, and like 7 of them; each stronger and more vigilant than the last. If one of us were caught, then we were in deep shit. 
I managed to get Dwane's water out of his pocket whilst he was running and ran away without him noticing. Danielle skilfully soaked Kenneth in water, and then ran to a near-by fountain to fill up again. Kayden had gotten hold of Elizabeth and was now pouring ice cold water down her back. When she screamed, that was the end of my ears. It was so loud; anyone else would think she was getting raped. It was funny nonetheless. 
I continued refilling the stolen bottle, soaking up these peasants with ease. I ran up on Christian and poured the contents onto his wavy hair. He screamed a high pitched scream.
"No! My fucking hair!" he yelled in exasperation, and then attempted to catch me. I was too quick for him. I had always been the sporty type; it was a trait in the family to be a fast runner. It was comical how slow Christian was though.
Eventually everyone split up around the park and it was every man for themself. This was now some kind of war that I didn't mean to participate in. But so be it. It was almost like Call of Duty, only we had water instead of heavy weaponry. I hid behind a tall, ancient tree and noticed a toddler was watching me whilst his mum sat by the bench on the phone. I was slightly damp due to Rider sneaking up at me at one point and getting me into a headlock whilst pouring water over me. He even made me drop my ice-cream, and I had paid for that shit. The toddler watched me inquisitively. He was a cute little thing, I couldn't help but coo.
"You little ragamuffin. You wish you were playing, init?" He simply blinked and made babbling noises. Then his mum slipped on her shoes and began to stroll away. I waved to him and he smiled in return. We just shared a bond. I laughed to myself but stiffened as I heard heavy footsteps running in my direction. I peeped and saw Kayden looking around with a water balloon in his hand.
WHERE THE HELL DID HE GET THAT FROM? 
"Whoever you are come out. I'm armed!" he yelled at no-one in particular.
I stifled a laugh and covered my mouth. He looked like such a dumbass right now, which was the norm I guess. He began to walk away, still looking around. After waiting for awhile I was getting bored, I knew I was missing out on the action and I wanted to get involved again. However, I didn't want to get caught and drenched a second time. I just wasn't about that life. I felt my phone vibrate and looked at the text I had just received from Kayden.
Look behind u.
I slowly turned and he was stood there with a smug grin on his face.
"Hello, Ree." His voice was just above a whisper. It made me shudder how quiet he was. I watched his left hand; he held a firm grip on the water balloon.
I shook my head slowly. "Please don't," I muttered, begging him with my eyes.
His chest rumbled as he chuckled lightly to himself. "What's in it for me?" 
"Helping out a friend?" I asked myself more than him.
He stepped closer, shaking his head. "That's a shit deal," he muttered. I swallowed hard and his smile broadened. "I heard you laughing at me before. You think this is funny?" he questioned, raising his hand and bearing the orange water balloon.
My eyes widened. "Kayden, please."
His expression changed into something more playful and childish. He then stepped even closer, now using his body to press mine into the tree. I peered up at his wolfish grin as he watched me closely. His tongue trailed over his bottom lip teasingly slow. "I'd like to get you wet," he whispered.
My heart thumped. Jesus.
"Will you throw that at me?" I asked with a frown, completely ignoring his sexual innuendo.
He looked at the balloon, then back at me. "Not if you give me a kiss," he breathed on my lips. I sighed inwardly and peered around for anyone else. "No-one's around. We have time to do whatever we want." He gave me a persuading smirk and the dimple appeared. I analysed the distinctive dimple and breathed deeply.
"Kayden..."
"Ree." He leaned his face closer. "Kiss," he demanded—his lips inches from mine. I gave him a quick, one second peck on the lips and pulled back, leaving him confused and unsatisfied. "The fuck was that?" His eyebrows furrowed and I rolled my eyes.
"What do you expect? You're blackmailing me."
He held up the balloon in a threatening manner. I sighed and his smirk appeared once again. "I wouldn't call it blackmail. Are you gonna be a good girl and do the right thing?"
I was becoming exasperated. Why is he doing this to me? In such a public space; we were exposed. I decided to obey; otherwise he wouldn't leave me alone. I had no choice but to lay my lips on his. He responded instantly and sucked my bottom lip into his mouth. I didn't really want to do this, but the tingling feeling deep within my stomach said otherwise. 
His teeth grazed along my lip, and then his tongue invaded my mouth. I gasped and found myself moaning into his mouth. He soon pulled away, leaving me breathless and turned on. My thighs clenched together and he dropped the balloon on the grass. He rested his forehead against mine and put his hands on the tree on either side of me. From the look in his eyes, I knew it pained him to keep his hands away from my body.
"Now I'd really like to get you wet," he panted, "without the balloon." I closed my eyes briefly and my thighs trembled. 
"Don't..." I pleaded. Not now. Not here. His eyes portrayed nothing but desire and lust. Using his leg he separated the two of mine and pressed his thigh against my sensitive core. I shut my eyes and whimpered. The pressure was too much.
"Can you feel it?" he whispered.
My thighs shook and my breathing became irregular. "Kayden..."
He kept his thigh there and kissed my neck gently, inhaling my scent like he always did. "You smell good, Ree." I groaned quietly. He had to move, this was torture!
"Not here," I struggled to mutter. Regarding this, he moved away and picked the water balloon back up.
"Fine," he said with a small smile. My body became slack and my heart thumped painfully against my chest. I was scared he'd do something to me in the middle of the park. If anyone saw... I tutted and he laughed before running off in the other direction. I shuffled about and felt uncomfortable down below.
Fuck you, Kayden.
After recovering, I soon left the tree and travelled around the park, finding someone to wet up. There was no-one in sight. It was as if everyone else was in hiding, and it was pissing me off.
"Come out you bastards!" I called, holding up the water bottle and getting ready to attack. A few passerby’s watched me weirdly as I stood there in the middle of a park shouting out to no-one in particular. They didn't know what was going on, so they can fuck off. That's when I heard it...a few rustling noises and sniggers. I spun around, 360 degree's, unable to spot anyone. In a space of a heartbeat, all the boys emerged from bushes and trees; each and every one of them carrying water balloons. I froze. What the hell?
Was I the only person without one?!
I smiled nervously. Suddenly I knew the odds were against me.
"Where's Danielle and Elizabeth?" I asked, curious.
"Kayden's taken them away to our special place," Kenneth answered coolly with a perverted smile. I raised a brow and realised they were all aiming to throw their balloons at me. Any second now... 
"We can talk about this." I raised both hands in defeat. I didn't want to get drenched, these were good clothes. They all smiled and held the balloons up, ready to throw. Christian shook his head in response.
"You messed up my hair! It took me two friggin' hours to do this shit!"
"C'mon, you wouldn't really wet me, would you?" Splash after splash after splash, and I was completely soaked. I screamed as numerous balloons slapped against my body and exploded on me. I was drenched. "ARGH! YOU DIPSHITS!" They all laughed hysterically.
"I can see your bra." Nicholas licked his lips in delight. 
"Fuck off!" I screwed him. 
"She's getting rude again you lot. Come we get her." My eyes widened and they all ran towards me, a good six of them, intimidating and vicious, speeding in my direction. I quickly spun round and ran for my life, laughing my head off. It was all so worthwhile.

Kayden
In the end everyone was wet, but them three especially. They were completely soaked and screwing as we got our things and left the park. I couldn't help but laugh at their vexed expressions. Each of their faces was scrunched in anger, lips twisted and everything. They moaned that we didn't give them a chance to escape and I sniggered. Excuses excuses. I noticed all their clothes were now see through, us lot couldn't stop watching. We decided to walk behind them to get a better view.
"Is that you now, Danielle? Man never knew you wore thongs." Dwane smiled and we all laughed. Danielle turned and held up her middle finger. 
"I'm cold," Elizabeth grumbled, holding herself and shivering. 
"Come b, I'll keep you warm." Clapz went closer to her but she slapped him away.
"Fuck off! After Kayden was terrorising me and you let it happen. You're sleeping alone tonight." She kissed her teeth and we all laughed as Clapz frowned.
"Pissed," Kenneth said. Ree was too busy muttering to herself to even care.
"You okay Becc's?" Nicholas asked.
"Fuck. You." 
Christian laughed hard at her angered expression and I took the time to analyse her. Her hair was damp again, now in tight ringlets due to the water. It hung over her shoulders and reached her breasts. This reminded me of when she came out of the shower earlier. The temptation to caress her was growing with each passing minute. After what happened by the tree today, I knew soon I wouldn't be able to control myself whenever we were alone. She might aswell be naked, I could see everything she had on underneath. 
Soon everyone departed and I said cool to the mans. It was just me and Ree walking in the direction back home.
"Carry on smiling, Kayden. When I get you back we'll see if you're still grinning. Wasteman," she muttered through gritted teeth.
I laughed. "I didn't do anything to you."
"You did," she declared.
"What did I do? Besides make your thighs shake?" She fell silent and faced ahead once again. The blush was evident on her face. I smiled. I liked Shy Rebecca.
"Look, no-one told you to drop Elizabeth in the bush." I started creasing. "It wasn't funny." 
"You know it was. Admit it."
A smile appeared on her face. "Okay it was. Where did you get the water balloons from?"
I tapped my nose. "Classified information." 
"Fuck off. Look what you've done to my clothes!" My eyes scanned over her curves and assets. I saw everything I needed to, it was a nice sight. She growled and slapped me on the arm. "Stop staring." 
"You told me to look-..."
"Shut up, Kayden." I laughed. We soon got to a turning and she faced me. "Are you coming back to mine?"  
"Nah, gotta get some work done. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" 
"Okay." I kissed her on the forehead and she screwed up her face, and then mumbled something unintelligible. 
"Was that something rude, Ree?" She shook her head slowly. I smirked and she turned the corner as I carried on walking home.
Today was good, I enjoyed myself. I knew the weather would make everything better. Aaliyah was out of hospital and everything was calm. After seeing Erica at work aswell, that also made my day. When I first heard she was in hospital I didn't even know how to react. Now seeing her alive and well again made me happy, just to know that for now all my loved ones are safe. No problems, no worries. 
When I arrived home I closed the front door and paused as I was kicking off my trainers. Already I could sense a bad vibe, and I had only just stepped in. The house was eerily silent, but I could hear a faint sob emitting from the kitchen.
"Mum?" I called. No reply. I slowly entered the kitchen to see mum sat at the kitchen table; arms folded, head down. Dad leaned against the far wall, shaking his head and watching the floor in sorrow. I raised a brow.
"What's wrong?" I asked. They both turned towards me, startled. Mum looked terrible; her hair was rough, her eyes red and baggy, her face drained of all colour. She was glum. Dad carried a serious expression on his face, his lips a thin line of anguish. Mum sniffed and brought her head back down. What the fuck? 
"What's going on?" I questioned again. I hate being ignored. I demand answers. Dad finally turned back to me after a lengthy pause.
"It's your Aunt Tanisha," he muttered quietly. I froze, all the fibres within me keeping at a stand-still.
"What about her? What happened?" Mum began to cry and dad sighed.
"She has breast cancer. She's going to die."

No comments:

Post a Comment