Wednesday 23 October 2013

Chapter fifteen

Kayden
I knocked on Kenneth's door and waited patiently. Today was the day we went on the hunt to find this Dean prick, whoever he is. After some time the door opened revealing Ken, who was stood there rubbing his eyes and yawning, looking fucked to the core. I laughed at the sight.
"What the fuck happened to you?" I asked as I stepped into his yard.
He yawned again. "I'm tired man."
"It's like 2:30."
"I could've still been asleep. Now all you pricks are here." He kissed his teeth and I followed him to the living-room. All the wastemans were in there, even Chris. He was sat there looking at his nails. I nodded and spudded them all.
"What's good Tempz," Dwane greeted.
"Same old," I answered taking a seat beside Nicholas, who sighed. 
"What we still doing here? Come we bounce." He tapped his leg and Kenneth shook his head.
"Nah, I need to get summin'." He scratched his head and we all watched him as he slowly walked out the room. 
"What's wrong wid him?" I wondered aloud.
"Left his chick, must’ve walked in on her fucking some next yout," Chris said still looking at his nails. 
"Ahh, he's pissed," Dwane chuckled.
"Yeah, exactly. Now he's shattered and isn’t even bothered for anything." 
"How do you know anyway?" Nic asked him.
"He told me. I'm like his agony aunt man, he tells me bare shit." We all peered at him silently. "What? I know how to sort out people's problems you know."
I raised a brow. "I thought he was using her for beats."
"At first, then it turned into something more, until yesterday. Now he's depressed." 
"He'll get over her man," Nic said taking a zoot from his pocket. He fiddled around with it and Chris screwed him.
"Don't light that shit, I don't want to die."
"You ain't right Chris," Dwane said with a chuckle. 
"I already said before I’m not dying for shit. If you're gonna smoke that shit, come out the room." 
"You come out the room," Nic narrowed his eyes.
"Make me." He stuck his tongue out and we all looked at him weirdly. 
"Gay," Nic mumbled. 
"Your dads gay, he sucked my dick last night," he retorted with a screw. 
"So you are gay, you allowed a man to suck you off," Dwane muttered.
Chris thought for a minute. "Shut up man, you know what I mean." He kissed his teeth and we laughed at him. 
"Just admit you like dick and we'll leave you alone," Dwane urged.
"I'm not gay. I like girls." 
"Pervert," Nic mumbled again. 
"No! You know what I mean!" he yelled in frustration. We all laughed again, it was so easy to wind him up, and he’s so soft. We carried on laughing then Ken came back into the room, looking more lost than ever.
"Shush man, Nadine's asleep," he screwed referring to his sister. We quietened down and he slipped his hat on. "Let’s get this shit over wid," he mumbled. We all left his yard and got in his whip then drove to WhiteCity. 
"How we gonna find this yout?" Nic asked.
"Look around init. I know some mans there, we'll ask," Dwane said. I peered out the window but felt a vibration from my phone. I looked at the text.
We dont talk anymore
Is it cos of wat I sed?
If so im sorry, tlk to me pls. 
Liyah.
My brow rose instantly. What was she on about? I decided to call her.
"Hello?" she sniffed. 
"What's the text about?"
"I said I liked you, and now you won’t talk to me." 
"I am, just been busy." 
She sniffed again. "Oh good. Okay." 
I noticed her croaky voice. "What's wrong?" 
"Mum’s gone." 
I paused. "Gone where?" 
"I don't know. I don't know where she is, neither does my dad. I woke up and she was gone." 
"Does she have work?" 
"She doesn't work on Tuesday's." 
"She wouldn't just leave like that." 
"But she has. We tried calling her and she busied the call. Then dad got pissed and he started throwing stuff around and stormed out the house. He's gone to look for her." 
I rubbed my face. It was always one thing or another with that family.
"Don't worry, she'll come back," I assured.
"She might not. Has your mum spoken to her?" 
"Not that I know of." 
She sighed. "I-I'm really worried," her voice trembled.
"She's not stupid Aaliyah, she'll come back. She probably went to go clear her head." 
"Maybe."
"Where are you?" 
"In my room. I'm just sitting here; I don't know what to do. They've both left me here alone; I don't know where to go Kayden." 
"Stay there, and don't do anything stupid."
"Ey, come let's go," Ken said turning off his engine. I peered around and noticed we were already at our destination. I quickly went back to the phone.
"I'll call you back yeah?" 
"Okay." 
"Don't do anything stupid," I repeated.
"I won't." 
I locked off and we all got out the car then began to walk around. 
"Call that yout you were talking about," Nic suggested to Dwane. He nodded and retrieved his phone. 
"Yeah, where you at?"
"...."
"Isit? Mans just around the corner you know."
"...."
"Yeah, wait there init, we're coming." He locked off. "He's in McDonalds." 
"Come then." We walked down the road and went into McDonalds. Didn't take any time at all. We headed for the stairs but Nic froze.
"I wanna order summin’," he muttered, leering at the menu.
"We ain't got time for that shit," I screwed. We approached the table full of loud black breh's. Once we got close enough Dwane spudded one of them in particular.
"Cool Zion, what you saying?"
"Nothin’ fam. Just out for the day init, gonna buck a couple people." We all cotched a seat. 
"How's Shanay?" Dwane asked.
"She's good, just doing college work and all that." 
"Has she said anything about me?" 
"Nah," he chuckled.
"Tell her I'll holla later init." 
"Yeah yeah." A group of girls were sat down on a nearby table, shouting and hollering. They looked bare young though, so man wasn't interested. 
"Need to ask you summin'," Dwane said, turning his attention back to this Zion breh. 
"Yeah?"
"We're looking for some yout; name's Dean. Lives round these ends, goes by Tremz. You know him?"
He thought for abit before giving a brief nod. "Yeah, I know him; lives on Coverdale road, why?"
Ken smiled. "Coverdale road yeah?" 
"Yeah man, number 14."
Ken stood up immediately. "That's all we need to know." 
"Aye Tempz, look at that chick," Nic said. I looked with him to discover he was eyeing up the group of girls sat near us.
"Which one?" Dwane questioned.
"See that one with the bushy hair, the light skin one? I'd beat that bruv."
I gave him a look. "Fuck man, they're like 14."
"And? Age doesn't matter if you're that nice." He licked his lips and I narrowed my eyes.
"One with the straight hair. I'd beat that hardcore, big man ting," Dwane joined in. 
"You lot are fucked up." Zion shook his head and everyone laughed. 
"What about you, Chris?" Nic asked eagerly.
Christian screwed in return. "They're lil kids man, forget that." 
"Don't lie; you're just making excuses, battyman."
"Shit, for real? You're gay?" Zion asked with wide eyes.
"I'm not fucking gay! Fuck you Nicholas!" We started laughing, except for Ken. He was too busy watching the same table of girls.
"I know her," he muttered to himself. He appeared distant and eerie.
"Who?" I asked. He aired man and went over to them. We all watched in silence as he spoke to one of them with long hair which was tied back in one, looking very innocent and petite. She stood up and he put his arm around her shoulder, then they walked off somewhere. 
"Argh, he took your chick." Nic laughed and Dwane gave a simple shrug. 
"Allow it man, about chick. I only said I'd beat."
Ken then came back, still carrying an expressionless face. "Come we go you lot." We all complied and said cool to the rest before leaving. "Coverdale road, let’s go." We got back in the whip and Ken sped down the road.


Becca
Day three...and I felt like killing a nigga. It was getting ridiculous now. I still had a good four days left. Why was God putting me through this shit? Why did I have to listen to what Kayden had to say? Proposition my back foot! He can get stuffed! I really wasn't in the mood today, so Lord knows what’s going to happen when someone pisses me off.
"Something wrong, Becc's?" Grace asked as I got a handful of sweet corn. We were in the canteen and I was bored as hell. All these pricks were eating their faces off, with no shame at all.
"No, course not. Nothing's wrong," I answered through gritted teeth. I threw some sweet corn at a girl in year ten. She looked around, baffled, before turning back to her food. I was bored, I wanted to entertain myself.
Brooks laughed. "Why would you do that?"
"Are you pissed off?" Natalie questioned. 
"Is this an interview?" I asked getting agitated. 
"You're angry though, what's up?"
"I wanna kill someone."
Jessica raised a brow. "Who?" 
"Anyone." Preferably Kayden
"Why?" 
"It needs to be done."
Grace laughed. Chris came over to our table and sat down next to Grace. "You alright b?" She nodded with a smile and they started kissing. I shuddered at the sight. 
"I'd say to get a room, but you lot are too broke to afford a hotel. So instead get out my face before doing that shit," I muttered.
Chris laughed. "What's wrong, Becc's?" 
"Boys. All boys piss me off."
He leaned closer. "Do I piss you off?"
I gave him a look. "Do you have a dick?"
"Yeah..." 
"Then you piss me off." They all laughed. This was me being nice, he should be grateful I wasn't shouting at him. We soon went outside and relaxed in the playground. I looked around feeling disgusted, everyone made me feel sick. I had a deep guttural feeling that I was going to crack today, but I was trying my best not to. I could see Shanay sat on a far bench across the playground on the phone. I bet it was Hayden, the prick. She noticed me watching her and screwed me. My days! She's incredibly lucky; I would have run all the way over to her and smacked her up. Argh I wanna fight her so badly!
"How are you and Chris?" Nat asked as she took her favourite seat of the bench.
Grace blushed at the mention of his name. "I never knew he was so sweet."
"Sweet? Chris?!" Brooks yelped.
"Yeah, he buys me flowers, tells me how beautiful I am and all sorts."
"Chris has game!" Brooks shouted. They all laughed and I sighed as I watched all the year seven's and eight's playing football on the main pitch. Look at these little dipshits, running about and having a good time. I should go and take their ball and puncture it with my teeth so they could no longer play. I wanted everyone to be pissed off like I was. 
"Becc's, Charles said he wants to see me today after work!" Brooklyn clapped excitedly. 
I screwed. "Who the hell's Charles?"
"The light-skinned boy from Footlocker that time."
I suddenly remembered. "The one you were too shy to approach?" She nodded. Urgh what a fucked up name. "What a lovely name," I said with a forced smile.
She laughed. "I like it, it suits him!" His mum probably hates him. 
"So are you gonna be serious with this one?" I asked with interest.
"Dunno, I wanna see if he can treat me right first." She smiled and looked down at her phone. "Oh he just text me!" She giggled like a prick and went back to her phone. 
"Whipped," Grace remarked.
"You can talk," Natalie countered.
Grace laughed. "How’s Kayden?" she asked, turning to me.
I sighed, the name alone made me angry. "He's bloody fantastic," I sneered and looked away. 
"When was the last time you saw him?" 
"Yesterday." 
"I hope you two weren't doing the dirty." Brooks raised both eyebrows inquisitively, still looking at her phone. 
"That will never happen." I gagged at the very idea. We aren't even together, so why have sex? 
"I've seen him around before, he's too nice!" Nat licked her lips. "I'd do multiple things to him." I looked at her. 
"I wouldn't." 
"I would," she said again. 
"And me," Brooks agreed. 
"Me too," Grace nodded in certainty. We all turned to her.
"You have Chris." 
"And him," she replied. We laughed. Yes, I finally admit Kayden is quite a good catch. Okay I'm chatting shit, he's a sexy bastard and my type completely...but I'd never, ever fuck him. No mate. He's a friend, I couldn't do that. I'd hate to lose my virginity to him; it would be too weird and awkward. I remembered that Stacey had an early shift today so I decided to call her.
"'Ello Becc's!" 
"Hey, are you at work?" 
"Yep, been here a good 15 minutes now, why?" 
"Is Kayden there?" 
"Nope, just me and Nathan." 
"Urgh, that cun-...cunning young man." 
She laughed. "You're well weird. Are you coming in today?" 
"Nah, it's not my shift." 
"Oh, I'll see you tomorrow then." 
"Bye." 
"Later!" She locked off and I put my phone away. I sighed and Brooks peered at me. 
"Becc's, you're coming with me to see Charles."
I froze. "Say what?"
"I don't wanna go alone, I'm scared. Please come with me." She gave me a look.
Fucking hell! No! 
"Why me?" 
"He's seen you before, it'll be better if you come."
I sighed heavily. "Fine," I surrendered with a slight twitch of the eye.
She smiled a wide smile. "Thanks." 
"Yeah, whatever." I heard the boys on the pitch shouting for the ball and then I felt a hard powerful force hit the back of my head. Everyone fell silent. I looked back and realised someone had kicked the ball at my head. I breathed deeply. "Who did that?" I asked calmly. Everyone pointed to a short chubby white boy with big cheeks. I screwed him. I wasn't going to react, not going to do or say anything. When these four days are up I'll still remember him. 
"You're next," I said to him with a menacing glare. He got scared and ran away somewhere.
Grace raised a brow. "You didn't attack him Becc's?" 
"It was an accident, the little ragamuffin." I watched him waddle off around the corner. Yeah, run fat boy! Watch, he's next on my list. First that Chloe chick, then Leon, then Kayden...then him. They're all on my To Do list.
Replace the word Do with Kill. It'll make more sense.
"You're not right today. I knew there was something wrong with you, you would have been kicking him up by now." Brooklyn gave me an odd glance and I shrugged in response.
"Gotta give some people a chance." I smiled weakly. If only they knew my real thoughts.
"Whoa, you've changed." 
"Yup. I'm nice today." I forced another smile. I'm nice today, and the rest of the fucking week!


Kayden
We soon got to the address; Coverdale road, No.14. I was surprised at the appearance. Needless to say the house was massive and sophisticated. The front lawn stretched quite far and was decorated with many flowers and ornaments. I kissed my teeth.
"You think he lives alone?" Chris questioned, tapping one of the ornaments with his foot.
"Probably lives wid his mum, he could never afford a yard this nice," Ken replied. He rang the doorbell and we waited. A small girl emerged once the door was opened. I couldn't help but smile. She was bare cute man, looked about 5 or 6, wearing a little dress with her hair in single plaits. 
"Ooh, 5 big scary boys! Are you here to take me to Toys'R'Us?" she asked. We all looked at each other and laughed. 
"No, we're here to see Dean. Do you know him?" Nic asked bending down to her level. 
"Dean? Yeah, I know him! He's my stupid big brother. He's humungous! Mum says he doesn't eat vegetables so she doesn't understand how he got so tall." She smiled.
"Aww, you're bare cute. Is Dean here now?" Nic enquired with a smile.
She rubbed her chin and thought. "Erm...I think he is. He could be upstairs in his room playing his rap music. He always listens to the dead man, 2 packs."
"You mean 2pac?" I questioned. 
"Yeah, that's it. You're really clever, and you have hair like me. Are you a girl?" She tilted her head in confusion, looking confused. They all laughed and I sighed inwardly. Just got boi'd by a little child. 
"Nah, actually, I'm a boy." 
"Oh!" She laughed to herself. 
"Renae, who said you could open the door," we heard from behind her. The door opened even wider to reveal a much older girl. Young, kinda light, black shoulder length hair, medium height, nice body and nice lips. She gave us all an odd look. I didn't blame her; a group of tall black boys stood at her door, I'd be curious myself.
"Who are you?" she asked cautiously.
"Friends of Dean, can we come in?" Ken asked politely. She shrugged and pushed the door further, allowing us to step in.
"I'd beat that too," Nic said to me with a wink. I shook my head and we went upstairs. After searching through a few rooms we eventually found his. Music played from inside. We all stood near the door and I kicked it open. The prick was stood near his window nodding his head back and forth as he watched outside, but spun around when he heard the impact of the door. 
His eyes widened. "What the fuck?"
"Hold him," I said. They all approached him and held him against the wall. He struggled to pry from their grip; but there was five of us, and only one of him. He was powerless. I closed the door and turned the music even louder. The speakers thumped under the excessive bass. Wouldn't want his family to hear the commotion.
"What the fuck you doing in my yard?!" he spat angrily. 
"Don't ask questions. That's our job," Nic grimaced. I watched the boy closely. He claimed he had no money, yet he was in a house like this, living comfortably. Smug bastard. 
"Dean yeah?" I asked, cotching a seat on his bed. "Dean...Tremz...am I right?" 
"What the fuck is it to you?!" 
"Marik isn’t too happy with you."
He suddenly froze at the mention of his name. "You're with Marik?" 
"Don't worry init; just know he's been waiting."
His body hunched. "I said I'd pay him back!" 
"Are you shouting at me, Dean?" He quietened down. "Marik doesn't like waiting, you know that?" 
"He's gonna get his money!"
I cracked my knuckle and glared. "When?"
"I told him myself, a week! That's all it will take, a week!" 
"A week?" He nodded. "A week isn't good enough. Marik doesn't wait a week."
He gulped and began to thrash about wildly. The others held him in place. "Please! He'll get his money, allow me!"
I finally stood up. "He's given you long enough, and you took him for a prick."
His face dropped. "Please!" 
"You made him wait," I said, getting nearer.
"I need time. Marik understands, he said he'd wait-..."
"Chat shit." 
"I'm not! Call him, ask him!" 
"Nah, he told us what needs to be done. Ken." I glanced at him and he nodded. Ken then held him by the neck and clenched tightly. Dean instantly held onto his arm, attempting to break free.
"Allow me," he wheezed. I punched him hard in the stomach, winding him. He yelped from the pain. 
"You don't fuck around wid people like Marik," I muttered, flexing my knuckles.
"A week," was all he said.
"What the fuck did I just say?" I asked calmly. I gave him a hard jab to the face, "A week won't do shit, don't fuck about." They released him and he fell to the floor. He lay there in a ball, clutching onto his stomach.
"I need the money." We all watched over him.
"So does Marik," I replied.
"Please..." 
"Shut the fuck up man!" Nic began to kick him in the chest, face and stomach. Ken, Dwane and Chris soon joined in and they all began to attack. He was begging for mercy and telling them to stop, but they simply carried on. I watched as they fucked him up on a whole other level, stamping on him and all sorts. 
"Enough," I said. They all stopped abruptly and I peered at him. He lay there with a twisted nose, busted lip and multiple bruises. He spat out blood and coughed violently. They had beaten him to a pulp. "Pick him up," I ordered. They all lifted him up then took him out his room, down the stairs, and out the yard without being noticed. We shut the front door behind us and put him in the boot of Ken's whip. We all then got in the car and drove to Marik's yard. 
"One down, one to go," Dwane peered out of the window thoughtfully. 
"You sure he's alright in there?" Chris asked me. 
"Couldn't give two shits, he's lucky there's enough air in there," I tutted. We soon arrived at Mariks'. As usual the door was left open. For once the entire house was empty. We closed the door and peered around. He was nowhere to be seen.
"Where is he?" Dwane asked. Just then the sound of a girl screaming and a bed colliding with the wall upstairs was heard. Nic laughed and I approached the staircase.
"Ey, Marik!" I called. 
"Yo!" he called from upstairs.
"It's me, come down!"
Seconds later he appeared at the top of the stairs in just a tracksuit. "You've disturbed my free time, this better be good." He glared at all of us.
"We got him," Ken informed.
His face straightened. "Who, Dean?" 
"Yeah, he's in the car." He smiled and slid on a jacket then we all went outside. We went to the car to hear him banging from inside. Ken opened the boot and he was there breathing heavily.
Marik smiled in delight. "What's good pussy'ole?" He gripped onto his body and dragged him out of the boot. He landed on the ground with a thud and groaned in agony.
"I was gonna call you..." he whimpered.
Marik then knelt down. "Isit?" 
"I swear..." We watched as Marik pulled him up.
"You fucked wid the wrong man." He kissed his teeth before turning to us. "I'll sort him out. You lot can leave now." We nodded and soon departed. Ken dropped everyone to their yard but I asked him to take me to Aaliyah's instead. Once he did I spudded him and he drove off. I pressed the doorbell and waited patiently for her to answer. Time seemed to pass and I was still waiting outside. No-one had answered. I retrieved my phone and decided to call her. She answered straight away.
"H-Hello?" 
"I'm outside." 
She sniffed. "Okay." She locked off and the door soon opened. She was stood in her dressing gown, her hair tied back into a messy bun revealing her clear tired face. I watched her puffy dark eyes. She had been crying. I stepped inside and closed the door. I held my arms out and she hugged me. I embraced her fragile body and sighed.
"She still isn't back, Kayden," she whispered referring to her mum.
"She'll come Aaliyah, don't worry." She nodded and I kissed her forehead. I pulled away and peered at her. "You didn't do anything did you?"
She slowly shook her head. "L-Let's go upstairs," she muttered. I raised a brow but complied regardless. Her speech was slightly slurred and altered. In a couple of minutes we were both resting on her bed. Her entire body was burning hot, yet she was shivering against my touch. I rested on my elbow to watch her quizzically.
"You're burning up." 
"I-I'm fine," she insisted, her teeth chattering. 
"Look at me," I whispered. She turned to face me. Even her pupils were larger than they should be. "What did you do?" I asked.
She turned away immediately. "Nothing. I-I'm fine," she repeated. She began to sweat. I pulled her towards me and wiped her forehead. Her lips remained parted as she took short intakes of breath. I cradled her and kissed her forehead.
"Aaliyah..." I began. 
"I'm okay." She then closed her eyes. "I'm tired." She shivered once again. Her fingers clasped onto mine desperately. She claimed she was okay, but her body said otherwise.
"What did you do?" I asked again.
"I'm tired." Her voice was now withering, merely a hoarse whisper. She was distant. She groaned quietly as I kissed my way up her cheek, resting my lips by her ear.
"Tell me," I whispered. I felt her forehead with the back of my hand. Scorching hot. Her temperature was gradually rising.
"I'm tired, Kayden," she muttered again.
I rubbed her stomach gently, circular motion. "I know you're tired. Tell me what you did."
"Nothing. I'm tired." I sighed. She was muttering the same thing over and over again. 
"What have you taken?" I asked.
"Nothing. Stop shouting." She shivered and I raised an eyebrow. 
"Li, what did you take?"
"My stomach hurts, Kayden." I continued to rub her stomach. It was her turn to sigh as I kissed her earlobe and back to her cheek. "That feels nice." A faint smile danced on her lips.
"Yeah?" I nuzzled my face by her neck and gently bit onto her skin. She stiffened and groaned once more. I pulled her even closer, caressing her stomach and kissing her neck and face. "It'll feel even nicer once you've told me," I said softly.
"I didn't do anything," she mumbled. Even her stomach was feverish. I frowned. I wasn't stupid; I know she had done something to herself. I wasn't leaving till I found out what it was.
"I'm not gonna ask you again, Aaliyah."
"My head hurts," she muttered. I then noticed an empty glass and a pack of painkillers beside it on her dresser. They were opened and completely empty.
I clenched my jaw. "Li."
"Yeah?" She cuddled me gently. 
"How many did you take?"
"Not that much," she sighed.
I closed my eyes and tried my best to suppress my anger. "How many?" I asked again.
"I'm tired, Kayden," she said. The pulse of my temple was quickening. It'd be an understatement to say I was pissed off. I kissed my teeth and reached over for the pack. Prozac, vitiman B tablets. My eyes narrowed and I scrunched it up. 
"Why the fuck would you take them?!" I yelled angrily. I knew this would happen. Every fucking time this happens! She flinched at my voice.
"Stop shouting," she pleaded quietly. 
"Why Aaliyah? I told you not to do anything stupid. Fuck sake!" I left the room and went straight to the bathroom. Once collecting all of the tablets, pills, and other assortments, I headed downstairs. Don't care; as long as they were in the house, she wasn't safe. I needed to dispose of all of them before she seriously harmed herself. I entered the kitchen and began pouring them all down the sink. All the Anadin, Nurofen, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen...all that shit was getting poured down. 
"Kayden..." I heard her call faintly from upstairs. I ignored her and continued pouring them down the drain. I then heard her light footsteps descend the stairs. I felt her presence enter the kitchen. "Kayden, I'm cold," she muttered. Her voice was now as frail as she was.
"Go lie down," I spat angrily, refusing to look at her.
"Kayden..." Her voice drifted. I heard her step closer; more footsteps...even more...then a thud. I spun around to witness she had collapsed onto the floor, unconscious.
Shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment