Sunday 3 November 2013

Chapter twenty-six

Becca
I opened my eyes slowly and blinked. I realised my head wasn't on a pillow, but on someone's firm chest instead. I peered up to see those beautiful brown eyes and perfectly shaped lips. He stroked my arm slowly and smiled, eyes now shut.
"Morning," he muttered in a husky tired voice.
I planted my hand on his chest and smiled to myself. "Good morning, Kayden."
He puckered his lips and I leaned up to give him a quick peck. He then ran his tongue over his bottom lip. "Mm." He bit his lip and the dimple appeared. He then moved his hand to my back and rubbed it gently. "Had a good sleep?"
"Yep. Your chest makes a good pillow."
He chuckled lightly and exhaled. "You slept for ages." 
"I was tired, allow me." I rubbed my eyes and yawned. 
"What times your shift?" I shrugged.
"Don't really give a fuck to be honest."
"Same. Might not even go today." He sat up, and a first I thought he was naked but saw his grey boxers as he stood up and yawned. He flexed his taut muscles and I watched him wordlessly. 
"Had a good sleep I take it?" I questioned.
He glanced at me and nodded. "Only cos you were next to me."
I scoffed. "You took up most of the bed."
He chuckled. It was a chilly Friday morning and unfortunately for me I had to see Tyreece after work—for no reason at all, he always wants to see me. Dumb guy. I had nothing against him but that kiss really got to me. He stood there checking his phone as I lay there covered. 
"I don't wanna go work," I mumbled. 
"Neither do I but Natasha won't be in so I need to cover more stock."
I groaned. Mr Herman really pisses me off; always picking on me and asking me to do tasks he can simply do himself. That massive cunt should be working behind the counter instead. When he has heart failure I'll laugh. I pulled the covers over my head and closed my eyes. I didn't even know the time, all I knew was that I refused to step foot into that shit hole. I felt weight on the bed as he climbed on top of me. He pulled the covers back and peered down at me with an amused look on his face.
"You gonna get up?"
"I refuse. I'm not leaving this bed."
He gave a sideways smirk. "I beg to differ."
"Leave me alone. Or at least give me fifteen minutes." 
"Sure you don't wanna take a shower with me?" I thought for a moment. To have a shower with Kayden? I briefly closed my eyes and imagined our hot bodies writhing under the steamy water, our lips connected with his hands skimming over my leg whilst my fingers feel through his bushy hair...
"No thanks, I'll stay right here."
He rolled his eyes. "Can I at least have a kiss?" I kissed his lips softly and he descended to suck on my neck. I laughed at the tickling sensation.
"Stop, I wanna sleep." 
"Fifteen minutes, Ree," he whispered. 
"Make that twenty."
He then gave me a look. "Ten minutes and I'll be back."
I kissed my teeth and rolled over once he moved off the bed. He grabbed his towel then left the room. I watched him leave and smiled at the thought of him being his normal self once again. He was gradually getting better, mood-wise. I closed my eyes and immediately fell back asleep...
My shift was almost over. I praised the lord and smiled as I watched the clock. The whole day I decided to help Nathan with stock for a change, that counter will be the death of me, I needed to avoid it. Nathan was busy sticking the tags on each pair of trainers as I marked the boxes. This dude’s been really quiet, and I had a theory why. 
"Where's Stacey?" I asked. He shrugged in response. "Don't shrug at me. I know you know where she is, and I know you know she knows I'd know you won't tell me."
He stared at me blankly and blinked a couple times. "What?" 
"Tell me where she is." 
"Why do you care?" 
"Why do you care that I care?" 
"Stop doing that." I smiled wryly. "She's...in Manchester." My eyes widened. That bitch left me here to frolic in Manchester? The fucking audacity! 
"Is she staying there?" He nodded. "How long?" 
"Few months I think. Time will fly by." I nodded slowly. Fair enough she's gone away for a bit. At least let me know. Damn.
"Bet you can't wait, hmm?"
He shrugged, completely unfazed. "A few months aren’t bad."
I stroked my chin as I analysed him. "Have you two got a lil thing going on?" He gave me an odd look, as if I had grown two heads. "Don't look at me like that. You know what I mean."
"I don't."
I rolled my eyes. "Bumpin' uglies, freaky time, fornication" I gave him a sly nudge whilst he stared blankly in return. "Sex," I yelled in irritation.
"Oh." He laughed. "Nah. Nothing like that."
"So she's just a fuck to you?"
His brow rose. "I ain't fucked her." 
"Yet." 
"I'm not planning to Becc's."
I gave him a cold glare. I didn't believe him somehow. The first thing that came to mind when looking at Nathan is hardcore rapist. It wasn't wise for him to be stood there lying to my face saying that he has no intention of sexing Stacey, it just doesn't seem natural. 
"You'll change your mind soon enough," I muttered confidently.
He shook his head. "Not even." 
"Yes even. Remember, I have a sixth sense. I see this shit. Just know that when you rape that poor child I'll be hunting you down." I screwed him and left the stock room to grab the last box of converses. He was in there fixing the boxes and re-arranging everything. I found the box with the appropriate label and picked it up. He noticed me stood there and smiled. 
"What you doing in here?" he asked, climbing down the step-ladder.
I folded my arms. "I can ask you the same thing."
He shrugged. "I'm working." 
"Well so am I." I held up the box to prove it.
"You're not meant to be back here."
I raised a brow. "Says who?" 
"Boss man." I kissed my teeth at the mention of Mr Herman.
"He can suck my big toe." He laughed. I decided to leave the box on another shelf to be collected later. Using the ladder I stacked it on the top shelf but yelped as Kayden grabbed me by the waist and lifted me back down. Once my feet touched the floor he spun me around with a weak smile on his face.
"Why did you scream?"
"You scared me!"
He laughed lightly. "Sorry." He kissed me on the forehead. "You alright though?" 
"Currently, yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"  
"You have your moments, Ree. I have to ask."
That made me smile. "I'm fine, are you?"
 He shrugged. "Trying not to think about her and its working." 
"That's good. Once your mind wanders you feel better."
He grunted, "You make me feel better."
He kissed my lips softly and I responded and immediately held his neck. The tingly sensation came rushing over me as he hooked his finger into the waistband of my trousers and pulled me forward, banging my groin against his. He hissed and ran his hands over my ass. My heard thudded as his tongue found its way to mine and entwined, causing our spit to mix. He edged me to the wall and eased me against it. His big hands held me securely as his lips crushed mine desperately. He squeezed my ass once more and angled his hips into mine. Once he pulled away I was out of breath, tingling all over. It was weird. He smiled and kissed my cheek, then moved down to my neck. He laid a trail of gentle kisses all over my skin slowly. 
"We can't do this here," I muttered. 
"No-one's gonna know," he whispered in return. He pecked me on the lips as his hands slithered down to the zipper of my jeans. I shuddered. His soft lips found their way back to my neck as he pulled my zipper down. My heart was sky-rocketing at a fast rate.
No. Not here of all places...
I held onto his arm firmly and he looked at me. "I'm not getting caught, Kayden."
He smirked. "Fine, but you owe me some fun time later."
I rolled my eyes and hurriedly left the room before he tried again. If he did I wouldn't be able to resist. It wasn't as busy today as it usually was for some reason, even for a school day it was quite empty. Mohammed was behind the counter looking bored out his head. Poor fucker. Look at him; he's deprived, he needs the good Lord.
I approached and waved. "Mo-Mo, what's good my Somalian don?"
He kissed his teeth. "I wanna get out of here bruv."
I laughed, mostly at his sorrow. Not even Allah can help him now. I felt his pain. I peered at the clock. "You got two hours to go," I said. He groaned loudly and banged his head on the counter, like I do, he knows the ways. I patted his back and laughed. "Why would you choose such a job if you can't even hack it?"
He lifted his head back up. "Easy money. Man's not even going college anymore; I need the money for my hostel init. Bills and shit."
I nodded slowly. "Poor Mo-Mo."
He looked down at my crotch. "Your fly is undone," he said with a point.
I glanced down and my zipper was still undone from when Kayden had pulled it down. I gave a nervous laugh and pulled it up. I had roughly ten minutes till my shift was over so I roamed around with no motive. I did everything I needed to do so that fat bastard can suck my clit. I went to the staff room to retrieve my things. Nathan was stood by the sink on the phone.
"Who you talking to, Nathe?"
"Stacey." I asked to speak to her and he passed the phone over.
"Oi!" 
She hesitated. "Hello?" 
"Yeah you lil bitch, how dare you leave for Manchester without warning a nigga!"
She laughed. "It was quite short notice, I'm sorry babe." 
"No, I don't wanna hear it. When you coming back?" 
She was silent. "Erm...I might not even come back." 
I gasped. "What? Why?!" 
"I like it out here. I feel like this is where I belong. We'll see how it goes." 
"Even though I think you're a traitor right now, I hope you have a good time."
She laughed. "Thanks mate." 
"I'ma pass you back over to this prick now." Nathan screwed me. Stacey laughed. 
"Okie dokie. Bye Becca." 
"Don't get raped and remember: stay off the drugs." She laughed and I handed the phone back. At least she seemed happy, that's all that mattered.
Nathan continued his conversation so I went to my locker and got my bag out. As I headed back to the main room I noticed Shubdi was at the hat section trying them on. I approached him and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned and smiled then pulled me into a hug. 
"It's been years, Punjib. Man thought he'd come check you."
I laughed. "I'm cool Shubdi." 
"Why ain't you working?" 
"Cos my managers a prick, plus my shift is more or less over." He nodded then something caught me. My eyes widened. "Fuck! When did you get an eyebrow piercing?"
He smiled cheekily. "Couple days ago. I'ma be one of them freaks you see on Guinness Book of World Records or some shit." 
"What, for the most piercings?" I guessed.
"Nah. 'Youngest male teenager to get his dick pierced'." I flinched and the girl next to me trying on a checked hat raised a brow, and then quickly walked away. 
"Is it really pierced?" I asked quietly.
"Not yet, I'm considering it."
I watched him in disgust. "You've just passed the awesome radar, now you're on some next maniac shit."
He grinned. "That's how I roll." I laughed. "I'm going to some party tomorrow night; I need a hat to go wid my swag."
I nodded slowly. "What colours are you wearing?"
He shrugged. "Fuck knows, knowing me I'd go multi-coloured." 
"What about this?" I suggested, reaching for the purple and black NY cap and handing it to him. He analysed it for awhile, looked at the size and then wore it whilst peering n the mirror. He then took it back off and threw it back to me and gave me the thumbs down. I frowned. "Why?" 
"Too original."
I rolled my eyes. "Okay...this one?" I picked out a red and white one; he gave me the thumbs down once again. I screwed. "Well fuck you then nigga, I'm going."
He laughed. "I'll think of summin', don't worry." 
"I'm not worrying, trust me." 
"You wanna come to this ting though? Bare heads are going."
I rubbed my chin in thought. "Whose is it?" 
"My bredrins; he recently came out of hospital so he's celebrating." 
"Is it in a hall?" 
"Yeah."
I shrugged. "I'll think about it, I got coursework and shit. We'll see." 
"Fuck the coursework. Live a little."
I smiled. Best advice I'd heard in a while. "I'll call you."
He nodded. "Fo'shizzle. Make sure you do." We done our made-up handshake and laughed like neeks. 
"Mo-Mo!" I called out to Mohamed, who turned to me. "Tell Kayden I'll speak to him soon." He nodded and I left. Drake was just the best, hands down. He seriously required a medal. In fact, his mum should be on the hall of fame just for giving birth to him. As I got nearer to home my phone began to vibrate. I looked and answered. "Hey, Ty." 
"You okay?" 
"Yeah, just finished work. I'm heading home." 
"Ah okay. You still coming round today?" 
I breathed deeply. "If you still want me to, I will." 
"Yeah I do, it's been ages." 
I laughed. "I still ain't finished my coursework though." 
"Bring it round, I'll help you." 
"Alright. I'll get changed. Gimme half an hour." 
"Later." 
"Bye." I locked off and soon arrived home. "Hello?" I called out. 
No response. No dickheads about then? 
I went to the living-room to see Diamond whining to Beyonce and Shakira — ‘Beautiful Liar’. Out of all times, she does this now
"Hey, none of that." She jumped at my voice and spun around, frightened. I laughed at her reaction. "Aww, you lil ragamuffin. Did I scare you?" 
"Where yuh come from?" she panted.
"Work, dude."
She held her chest and breathed deeply. "Thought duppy enter di yard," she muttered. I started creasing. She was the best. 
"Diamond, you're the bee's knees, I swear." She quirked a brow and I went straight upstairs. I opened the door to see Claycia looking out the window. Total silence. Weird much? "Clay, wagwaan!"
She looked at me and smiled weakly. "Hi," she mumbled. 
"Why are you in here all alone?" 
"Diamond's downstairs." 
"That's not what I meant." I took my bag off and dumped it somewhere. "Is this what you've been doing all day?"
She shook her head and shrugged. "Just bored." 
"Go out; mingle, paint the town red, high jack a fucking car, do something!"
She laughed lightly before peering back out the window in a daze. "I miss home," she mused.
I frowned slightly and sat on the bed. "That's why. You're homesick. You'll be going back soon." 
"Nuh. Daddy seh we haffi stey as long as possible."
I blinked dumbfounded. "Why?"
She shrugged. "He didn’t say. I miss Gran." 
"Hmm. You never know, you might get used to England." 
"Maybe." She sighed. Wow. I went to my wardrobe and changed into my skinny jeans and white long-sleeved top. I slid my Van's on and grabbed my coursework, stuffing it into a separate bag.
"When dad comes back, tell him I'll see him soon."
She nodded. "Okay, bye." 
"Later." I left my room and went back downstairs. Diamond was still in her own little world, this time singing and dancing. This child has nuff energy, it was quite amazing. I'd definitely enter her for Britain's Got Talent, Simon couldn't tell her shit.
"Bye, D," I said. She waved and went back to whining up her waistline. Watch her at a rave; I'd never allow her to go to one after seeing this shit. I grabbed my keys and headphones then left. Soon I was on the bus, sat at the top deck near the back, listening to the music on my phone. Ginuwine — 'In Those Jeans' was playing. It weren't the right atmosphere but fuck it, I was in my zone. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned my head to see a dark-skinned boy with wavy hair and plump lips. He smiled but I gave him a blank stare in return. He interrupted a very good songIs he stupid?
"Can I help you?" I sneered.
"You got a bb?"
I blinked. "In what way does that concern you?"
He smiled. "Just wondering b, I was gonna ask for your pin." 
"I don't own that shit. Blackberry's corrupt the brains of today's teens."
He chuckled. "So what phone you got?" 
"The hell is this, an interview? Do I know you?"
He shrugged. "Making conversation, you seem like a nice girl." I couldn't help but smile. He had no idea. "How old are you b?"
"Seventeen."
Now he seemed even more interested. "Really? When do you turn eighteen?" 
"Listen, if I wanted you to know my business, I'd write an autobiography."
He chuckled. "Just tryna be friendly." 
"That doesn't work on me. I know you probably wanna get to know me."
He nodded proudly. "Course I do." Wrong move. I kissed my teeth and turned back around. Bloody prick. 
I eventually got off the bus and walked to Ty's. When I got there I knocked on the door and waited patiently. It opened seconds later and Zion stood there smiling down at me with a perverted glint in his eyes. I rolled my eyes.
"Cool, Becc's." 
"Yeah, hi." I barged past him and entered the flat. "Where's your twin at?"
"Upstairs. What you doing here?" 
"To see Ty."
He raised a brow suspiciously. "Swear down you're doing a ting with my brother?"
I sputtered. "Fuck no, we're just friends. Why are you here anyway?" 
"I live here, don't get it twisted." 
"Hmph. Well nice talking to you." I turned and went upstairs. Just seeing Zion's face brought back the depressing times when he'd harass me, and that wasn't too long ago either. Ass wipe. I got to Ty's room and he was on the phone. 
"Hey, hang up, I'm more important."
He laughed and complied. "Aye, I'll bell you back later," he said to the person over the phone. He hung up and threw his phone down. He stood up off the bed and came towards me then pulled me into a warm friendly hug.
I inhaled his scent and felt light-headed. He smelt really nice; I never noticed his aroma before. I'll be stealing his hoodies later. 
"You said half an hour," he complained quietly.
"Did you time me?" I asked with a raised brow.
He laughed. "No no. Just saying." 
"Well I'm here now. What you wanna do?"
He shrugged. "Chill."
I frowned. "You desperately called me down here, rushed me and told me it was important—that you needed to see me. Here's me thinking it was a life or death situation...and you just wanna chill?"
He smiled his famous cute smile. "I just wanna spend time with you. It was always you and Shanay or you and Zion; it was never just me and you alone."
"Correction, it was me and Shanay; Zion would somehow end up in our business." He looked away. "I never knew you felt so left out. Is that why you were always so quiet?"
He shrugged and sat back on his bed. "You don't have to stay if you don't want to, Becc's. I can't force you to spend time with me." 
"Don't say that, stop being stupid. We have fun don't we?" 
"Yeah."
"Well then. Got anymore movies?" He pointed to his DVD collection and I went over to it, scanning it carefully. "Oh my God, you have Hangover. You're fucking awesome man!"
He laughed. "You wanna watch it?" 
"Later. Right now I wanna do my coursework."
He nodded. "What is it?" 
"Business communication."
He sat with his back against the wall and patted the space next to him. "I did that for A levels, I can help."
I smiled and took a seat beside him and got my work out. It was quite hard and long-winded. I promised myself I would finish it in time for the dead line which was next week, but gyal like me weren't even half way through yet. 
Time passed and Tyreece was actually being very useful; he helped with the coursework and gave me information I didn't even know was possible. It was so cute the way he'd say something with his head bowed to avoid eye contact. To me he will always be Shy Ty. That's what me and Shanay used to call him. Even back in school, he was always Shy Ty, especially talking to me. I know I'm intimidating but fuck.
"What’s the difference between a stock-holder and a stake-holder?" I raised a brow, feeling very confused.
"Didn't you learn that in year eleven?" 
"I never listened to that teacher, she pissed me off."
He laughed. "Well a stockholder is the holder or owner of stock in a corporation, whereas a stakeholder is anyone that has an interest in the corporation."
I nodded slowly, taking it all in. "Gimme an example." 
"The stockholder controls the stock, and the stakeholders are interested. Stakeholders could be anyone; employees, the employees' families, suppliers, customers, the community...you understand?" 
"Yeah I understand, thanks." He smiled and a little dimple appeared in his left cheek. Shit, I didn't even know he had one. I know Zion definitely doesn't have one. "You have a really cute dimple," I complimented.
He laughed lightly. "I try my best not to show it." 
"Why?" 
"Makes me look young."
I rolled my eyes. "That's stupid. You should smile more often, it suits you." 
"You think so?" 
"Mmhm."
He stared at me silently and I watched his eyes. For some reason everything he did reminded me of Kayden, and I didn't know whether that was good or bad. The door suddenly opened and Zion's head popped through. We quickly turned away from each other to gape at him instead.
"Ey, I'm gonna go check Olivia at the hospital. I'll be back tomorrow." Ty nodded and he left.
I froze. "Olivia's in hospital?" 
"Yeah, she's been in there for weeks now. Some girl found her in a dustbin outside."
I bit back a chuckle. "Oh no, that's terrible. Poor girl." I felt like laughing deep down. Serve the bitch right. I cleared my throat and turned back to my book. "Erm, so yeah...stakeholders benefit the company or business because of profit right?" I scratched my head nervously.
He was gazing at me again, just like Kayden would. I refused to give him eye-contact, just in case I stared again.
Don't look at him Becc's...
"Yeah," he answered in low tones.
I nodded and sighed heavily. "You know what; I think I'll call it quits now."
He paused. "Why?" 
"Too much. Maybe another time you could help me." 
"I'd like that." His smile was accompanied by the dimple once again.
I packed my things away then looked at the time. It was just after 7PM and I didn't even realise. "When did it get so late?"
He laughed. "Time flies. You want anything to eat?" 
"Nah, I'm cool. I'm gonna eat when I get back." He nodded then stood up and stretched. He had to flex his muscles right in front of me didn't he? I analysed his firm pacs as his shirt lifted up.
Well well well...
He relaxed his left leg and sighed. 
"What's wrong?" I asked in a daze.
"My leg, I pulled my hamstring. It's kinda painful." 
"See! It's all that running at the track, you need to stop!"
He smiled sheepishly. "It's what I enjoy." 
"Fuck your enjoyment, your body's breaking down because of it."
He sat back down and rubbed his thigh. "It'll be fine by next week. I just can't run for a while or put too much pressure on it."
"Poor Ty." I patted his leg and his body stiffened. "Why don't you put ice on it or something? Rub some Deep Heat on that bitch." 
"I have, it didn't help," he muttered.
I stroked my chin. "How about I give you a massage?" I offered.
He looked mildly confused. "What?"
"Yeah man. You gave me one last time; I might as well return the favour. I can work some magic with these fingers." I wriggled my fingers and he smiled. 
"You don't have to do that." 
"I wanna help. Look at you all decrepit, you ain't even reached your 20's. I can't let you stay like this." 
"Becc's-..."
"Shh." I lifted his shorts up by a fraction to reveal his thigh. "Where does it hurt?" 
"All around."
"Hmm..." I began by massaging the front of his thigh. He closed his eyes and rested his head back. He seemed so relaxed; even that was cute. I laughed at his expression. "Don't get used to this, it's a one-off."
He chuckled. "I won't," he replied.
I rubbed his thigh slowly but firm, making sure to relax his muscles. He sighed and I felt his muscles contract. Yeah man, I'm the ish.
"You seem to be getting too comfortable," I noticed. His smile broadened, his eyes still firmly closed. "Should I stop?" 
"Nah nah." I rolled my eyes and continued. I couldn't help but analyse his face. He actually looked hot right now; his eyebrows knitted together in satisfaction, his jaw tensed and his lips parted as he breathed heavily.
Okay, Tyreece wasn't just cute...
He was sexy too.
"Do you do this often?" he questioned.
I shook my head to rid of the perverted thoughts. "Nope, I used to massage my boyfriend but..."
"...but now you're single," he finished off.
I swallowed hard. "Yeah...exactly."
He opened his eyes slowly and peered at me. "You're too beautiful to stay single," he said quietly.
I laughed and shook my head, dismissing the fake compliment. "Cut the bullshit, Ty." 
"I'm serious. You really are beautiful." I paused and felt the sudden apprehension as he stared into my eyes. His face was calm and serene. I didn't understand the tense atmosphere going on right now. My heart thumped loudly.
"Erm, Ty..." I warned.
He leaned closer regardless. My hearts palpitations grew quicker by the second as our nose touched. I stayed completely still, waiting to see what would happen. Something deep within me restrained me from any movement. I breathed deeply; all I could think of was Kayden at this point. He breathed on my lips and pecked them softly. The brief gesture was enough to make me panic. I drew my head back and scratched my head in confusion. 
"Why d'you keep doing that?"
He turned away, now embarrassed. "Sorry." 
"It's okay...just confusing." He remained silent and I sighed, now looking for something—anything—that will change the subject. "Erm, yeah, that movie. I wanna watch now." He nodded and stood up, grabbing the DVD and putting it in his Xbox 360. As it loaded we both sat back and I rested my head on his shoulder. 
"Ty..." 
"Hm?" 
"I'm taking one of your hoodies home with me."
He laughed. "Why?" 
"You smell nice, so I have to take one."
He shrugged, not bothered. "Go on then." 
"Great." I sniffed his Nike hoody. "What do you use?" 
"Nothing, just the usual Lynx."
I raised a brow. "You sure there's no special secret?"
"I'm sure." 
"You smell tasty."
 He smiled. "Thanks."
The film started and I was laughing already. Seriously, there was always a stupid fat guy within the group, in any film, I swear! Tyreece turned the light off and pulled the covers over to us.
"You and your covers dude." 
"I get cold easily."
"Lies! Anyway hush; I'm tryna watch this shit." The car crashed into the lorry and I laughed. Hangover was the shit for true. He cleared his throat and rested his arm around me. As we watched the film is silence, I couldn't help but wonder what all these random kisses are about lately. It seemed like it meant something to him, yet he never told me what the deal was. Confusing much?

Kayden
"You want the ting now?" Fazer asked. 
"Right here, right now," I replied with a blank look. He went over to his cupboard and opened it. They were all there, stashed in the corner. He picked out one and handed it to me.
"Be careful."
I nodded and put the safety on. "Certain don's heads are gonna be rolling," I snarled. I stuffed it into my Adidas shoulder bag and zipped it up. This can add to my collection.
Fazer chuckled lightly. "Another beef ting?" 
"Man's on a hype again. I try squash the beef but he won't have it."
He raised a brow. "Who?" 
"Marik."
He sat back then got a zoot out his pocket with a lighter. "Tempz...always involved in summin'." 
I screwed. "He wanna start, I'll finish Faze. I'm not a prick out here."
"Same ting all the time man, he's fucked."
I kissed my teeth and felt my anger boil. Marik believes he runs tings, he was wrong, and I can't wait to prove him wrong.
He lit the zoot and watched me closely. "Calm down blud." 
"He thinks he's got man on lock." I clenched my jaw. Thinking about him made me wanna kill, and I couldn't wait to. I stayed wid Faze for awhile then left.
I drove back to mine and used my keys to open the front door. I closed it and heard slow music playing from the kitchen. I entered to see mum in her dressing gown sat at the kitchen table alone going through an old photo album. She smiled at me weakly and I sighed.
"You alright?" I asked.
She nodded and sipped at her tea then went back to the album. Talk about going down memory lane. She wasn't alright, why would she be? Her sister was dead. Aunt Tanisha was like half of mum, and now that she's gone, mum won't be fully whole. It would take a very long time for her to be herself again. I stood behind her chair and hugged her from behind. 
"Everything's gonna be alright, mum," I muttered in comfort.
"I know," she croaked. I kissed her forehead and she sighed. "It's getting harder every day, Kayden." 
"She loved you, she still does. It's okay to cry."
She sniffed and turned to me. "You really are growing up. Learn to appreciate your loved ones around you." 
"I already do," I whispered, hugging her. She was gonna need more comfort than I did, dad wasn't always around to give it to her, so I step in and let my mum know how much I love her. "Did you cook?" She shook her head. "Should I?" She nodded so I got to work.
In the end I made spaghetti and dished it out for her and Zaine. I ate with mum and we had a long chat as we went through the album, one that I had never seen before.
"Is that me?" I asked pointing to the small boy with long brown hair in single plaits holding onto a Spiderman toy.
She smiled weakly and gave brief nod. "Of course. You loved Spiderman. We've still got the toys stashed away somewhere."
I laughed and studied it closely. "That doesn’t even look like me." 
"It's definitely you, Kayden. Same eyes, same hair, same smile...and that same dimple in your chin." I laughed lightly and turned the page. A photo of aunt Tanisha with me on her lap was next. 
"How old was I there?" I questioned.
"It was your sixth birthday, we took you to Chessington. You had the time of your life back then." She sighed and I glanced at her. After a few minutes silence, she turned to me, a glum look on her face. "There's something you need to know," she said quietly. 
"What?"
"Tanisha wasn't my only sibling."
I raised a brow. "You had more?" 
"A younger brother called Shawn."
"So why don't I ever see him?"
She released a deep breath, tears already beginning to surface. "He died at the age of four."
I froze and watched her closely. She was fragile now; she was weak. I've never seen her so distraught before. I hugged her and she sobbed silently in my arms. I sighed. We've lost way too many people close to us. To think that she'd kept this secret from me for all these years..
"Why didn't you tell me?" I whispered softly.
"I didn't want to relive it, Kayden. That was the past. I don't want to think about the people I love leaving me. You and Zaine don't deserve it." 
"It's okay." I kissed her forehead again and rocked her as she cried for over half an hour. I spent the rest of the afternoon with her, making sure she was alright and trying my best to connect with her. She wasn't alone in this; she has me, dad and Zaine, so she should never feel alone. Ever.
I pulled the gat out my bag and put it away safely, then took my top off and laid down thinking about different shit. So many things have happened over the past couple weeks, I couldn't even focus on one thing.
I ignored everyone on my Blackberry and laid there in silence, no music whatsoever. I could hear Zaine talking in his room from here. He does that a lot; you hear his speech but no reply, and it was everyday. You wonder whether he was talking to himself or not. My phone went off; I looked at the screen and answered.
"What?"
She sighed. "I'm sorry." 
"For what?" I challenged.
"What I said to you on your birthday. I didn't mean to be so rude."
I kissed my teeth. "What do you want, Aaliyah?" 
"I just wanted to hear your voice, we haven't spoken in ages." 
"Whose fault is that?" 
"Mine, but I'm sorry." 
I shook my head. "There's a time and a place. Now's not it. I'm not in the mood Li, come off my line." I locked off and played some tunes out loud as I went to my drawer.
I retrieved my rizla with the crow and went to my window sill. I sat there and rolled it up neatly then got my lighter out my pocket. Dunno how long I bunned for but man was zoned out after awhile. My head felt light and my eyes drooped. I looked at the time and thought fuck work tomorrow, fuck college, fuck everything. My hormones were going insane. I got my phone out and decided to call Ree. She answered straight away.
"Hi..." 
"You alright b?" I could hear shuffling in the background.
"Yeah, just got in." 
"From where?" 
"A friend’s house." 
I screwed. "Boy or girl?" 
"I hardly think that's any of your business." 
I sat on my bed. "I won't say anything."
"You will...boy." 
"Mm, seen." 
"What you mean seen?" 
"Nothing, Ree. Lemme come round." So I can rub your body down...
"Why?"
I smiled. "I wanna see you." 
"Hmm, alright. My uncle just left."
"Ten minutes," I said before locking off.
I slid on a different top, my NY hat, my Adidas hoody and my Airforces then went downstairs. After saying bye I left the house and got in my car. I sat there for a while with my hands on the wheel, proceeding to drive, but I was in deep thought. I could barely see clearly; too much crow. My hands didn't even look like hands anymore. I tilted my head and studied them. Now they looked like claws. I shook my head and laughed to myself. I then started the engine and drove to Ree's. I was too waved to even see straight, but I managed to arrive without running anyone down. I rang the bell and waited. Her older brother, Kieran, answered and nodded at me.
"You cool?"
"Yeah yeah."
He spudded me and I stepped inside. "She's upstairs," he announced before walking off to the kitchen.
I went to her room to see her going through her bag and a little girl sat on her bed playing her DSi. She looked at me and her jaw dropped. I smiled. This was my first time seeing her.
"Hey cutie." She smiled shyly. "What's your name?" She suddenly squealed and quickly ran out the room. I watched as she hurried out. Okay...
I turned back to Rebecca who was tipping things out of her bag. I rubbed my tired eyes and felt my forehead throb.
"Is she your cousin?" I asked.
"Mmhm, Diamond," she answered, not even glancing at me. She continued to search her bag. I closed the door and stood there. She wore a tight fitted long-sleeved top and shorts. I watched her juicy thick thighs and found myself licking my lips.
"What you doing?" I asked, approaching her slowly.
"I could've sworn I put my coursework in here, now I can't find it." She kissed her teeth and emptied her bag again, then went over to her drawer. Man was more than zoned by now. I watched her as she searched through her things, then stood behind her and kissed her neck gently.
"You didn't say hi," I muttered against her warm skin. 
"I saw you already, no point saying it more than once in the space of a day."
I smirked. "Are you getting rude?" 
"No, it's just this fucking coursework!"
I held her waist and inhaled her scent. "Calm down."
"It took me a good few hours to do it from scratch, now I can't find it. I swear if it's lost I ain't doing jack shit again!"
"Shh, stay calm Ree." I turned her around to face me. "Shouting won't solve anything." She watched me and screwed. I loved her angry expression, it was sexy. Vex or not, I wanted to take her right there and then. She sighed and fell back onto her bed in a huff.

Becca
I hate life. Most of the time it was so annoying! Nothing ever worked out for me either. It was as if God was just shoving a giant middle finger at my life. Dunno if I can even go college tomorrow since my coursework has disappeared.
I was so fucking stressed! Ever since I left Ty's house I've done nothing but curse. My coursework pissed me off, walking home pissed me off, the random dude who asked me for directions pissed me off, everyone's face in this household pissed me off, I'm fucking pissed off! 
What's even worse is that me and Ty kissed again. And I liked it, yet I shouldn't have, and that shit pissed me off even more! Fuck the world, I wish I could just live somewhere else, far away like another planet.
He sat next to me and stroked my arm lightly, causing me to shiver.
"Kayden, I'm not in the mood," I warned.
"What's wrong?" he asked softly.
"Everything!" I growled.
He smiled. "That's abit vague." I kissed my teeth and he edged closer. "You were fine at work." 
"Exactly. Now I feel like killing!" 
"Shh. Take a deep breath," he said in my ear.
I huffed. "No." 
"Yeah, it helps. Your blood pressure must be high, you need to relax and rest."
I inhaled and breathed out slowly. Strangely enough, it helped.
"My dad always said I need a punching bag for my anger problems, but I use Andre instead."
He chuckled lightly. "My baby's stressed," he almost slurred. I rolled my eyes and he licked my neck. "Lemme make you feel better," he whispered. I swallowed hard as he trailed his hands down my thighs and then back up again. Before I could protest, he kissed my lips softly and pushed me backwards. Just like that I allowed him, and he was between my legs in seconds. His teeth sunk into the flesh of my neck, denting my skin. I sighed and closed my eyes.
"We can't keep doing this," I murmured quietly, gripping onto his arm regardless.
"Mm, why not?" he asked, massaging my thigh. 
"You're my friend."
His hands continued to caress my body slowly. I opened my eyes in a daze; he bit his lip and looked me in the eye.
"Friends have benefits, Ree."
I shook my head, now feeling weaker than ever. My anger was slowly decreasing.
"It doesn't work like that," I breathed.
He kissed my collar bone and lifted my top, rubbing my stomach. "I wanna do so many things to you right now," he whispered on my lips.
I could already tell from the look in his eyes: he was high. Whenever he was high, he turned incredibly horny. There was no reasoning with him once his mind was set. I gulped and cleared my throat. By now he had pulled my top off, leaving me in just my bra and shorts. He spread my legs further apart and kissed my breast. I writhed beneath him, panting heavily and trying to find a way out of this. I didn't want to be caught up like before, I was supposed to be angry!
"How about we just watch a film instead? Or play a game?" I suggested.
He peeled my bra off and clamped his teeth over my nipple. I winced at the tinge of pain and felt my thighs quiver. After playing around with my breasts he shifted back up to kiss my neck.
Oh no...
"I've got a game in mind," he said. "But you have to close your eyes." I found my eyes closing reluctantly and felt his lips crush mine. His hand trailed down to my legs just like the last time. "You owe me, Ree," he breathed on my neck. I felt his fingers slide through my knickers. I sighed and held onto him with a shaky hand.
"I know..."
*
The chilling breeze caused me to shiver as we continued down the street. I turned to see that her face was still sour. She was pissed.
"Cheer up," I told Grace, who watched the dark road ahead. 
"One of these days I won't tolerate his nonsense Rebecca. It's beyond a joke now." 
"Chris is growing up, I'm sure wherever he is he's fine."
She sighed. That fucker was still nowhere to be seen and Grace was more than worried. He could be anywhere but no-one's seen him in almost three weeks. It wasn't like him to just disappear like that, but oh well. 
"How far away is this place?" she enquired.
"We're two minutes away."
I couldn't believe I was actually going to this party, I didn't even know who this fucker was, but Drake insisted I came and I could bring a friend along. Grace is the closest to a normal person that I knew, so she was accompanying me. It was fucking cold though! Lord knows what time it was, but this dress obviously wasn't keeping me warm, or this damn cardigan. 
"Whose is it?" she asked, peering at her phone. 
"Some boy's; he's celebrating something. Can't remember what, but I was asked to come for some reason."
She nodded slowly. "I'm gonna try his number again," she muttered, referring to Chris.
I rolled my eyes. "Just leave it."
"No, I wanna try; his phone might be on now."
I sighed and shook my head. I know she was worried, but give him space, he's probably tryna better his life...well its Chris, but you never know? 
When we approached the building, a group of people were stood outside laughing and chatting amongst themselves. We pushed past them and entered. It was more than packed! Even worse than that rave me and Kayden went to. Shit, is this boy famous or? Bashment played through the speakers as everyone danced to the beat. Others were stood near the corners, seeming suspicious like they were exchanging drugs or some shit.
"This seems quite live," Grace announced over the blaring music. Just then a tall white boy approached us with his hands in his pockets, smiling widely at Grace. 
"Grace?" he asked uncertain. She grinned and they hugged. I stood there wondering if I had seen him around before. "You alright?"
She nodded with a polite smile. "How's work?" 
"Ahh I left that long time ago, didn't you know?" 
"Nah you never told me-..." 
"Hold up, who the hell are you?" I intervened. He turned to me and Grace laughed. 
"Harley, my ex." 
"Oh," I nodded. "I'll leave you two to it." Grace smiled and I walked off to find Drake.
The way I had to dip, duck and dodge these people was emotional. The hall literally swarmed with hot teenagers and body odour filled the air.
"Move man, shit!" I barged some girl out the way and finally saw Shubdi, who was stood there talking to a hooded boy. He looked so fly it was unbelievable. I swear this dude is awesomeness on legs. He saw me and smiled.
"Punjib." 
"Shubdi."
He laughed and hugged me. "Did you find the place alright?" 
"Yeah, not too far away from home." The hooded boy stared at me for longer than necessary. I screwed in return. "What?"
He shook his head then turned to Drake. "I'm gone," he grunted.
Drake nodded and they spudded. "Catch you later, yeah?" He walked off and I looked at him sceptically.
"He seems like a paedophile," I acknowledged, still watching him as he bopped out the building.
Drake laughed. "Leave him; he's got his own problems." 
"Whatever. Where's this famous dude at?" 
"What famous dude? Where?" He spun around.
"A lot of people seem to be here, the host must be shitting out bills." He paused and laughed, now realising who I was referring to.
"Oh, my bredrin. He's at the back doing suttin'." I nodded.
Busy Signal — 'Like a shaker' started playing and everyone began to scream like hooligans. He pulled me to the dance floor and forced me to dance with him. It was actually funny cos he was whining with me, and managed to get away with it since he was amazing.
After an hour or so I felt weary. I dunno what I drank, or how many glasses, but I was having a really good time. I had followed Grace to the bus stop since she had another family emergency. On my way back to the hall, I noticed the same hooded boy from before across the road, following a girl who kept looking back at him. I didn't understand what he was doing, maybe they were playing around or something, but they shouldn't be. Anyone would think he was stalking her or something. The girl turned a corner and he followed after her, then they both disappeared into the darkness.
I shrugged and went back into the warm hall. I couldn't find Drake though; the fucker probably went somewhere to smoke. I felt my phone go off and looked at the caller ID. My eyes widened and I quickly went through the back doors and answered.
"Chris!" 
"You alright?"
"I'm fine but Grace is worried about you. Where you at nigga?" 
He paused. "What's that music?"  
"Don't worry about that. Where are you?" I walked off into a separate room to get away from all the noise. I opened the door and closed it behind me; it helped to hear him better. 
"Away." 
I kissed my teeth. "What the fuck do you mean away? Away where?" 
"Wid a bredrin, summin' came up. Just tell Grace I'll be back soon."  
I furrowed my brows. "How soon?" 
"Later." He locked off and I screwed my phone. Did the bitch just hang up on me? I need to call him back; he can’t just leave the conversation like that. The fucking audacity! I called him back but he busied the call.
"Fuck," I muttered to myself. 
"Hello, Becc's," I heard from behind.
I froze. Did I hear that correctly? That voice was too familiar. I wasn't the only one in this room, was I?
I slowly turned around to see him sat there; hands in pockets with a menacing glare imprinted on his stern face. He didn't look too happy. It was him. He was back. He stood up and clenched his fists. His jaw bone was locked and rigid. 
My heart was racing, my throat was closing up, and my eyes were bulbous. I swallowed hard and blinked repeatedly as I shuddered at the sight.
"Leon?"

No comments:

Post a Comment