Sunday 3 November 2013

Chapter twenty-five

Becca
I fiddled with my fingers and thought deeply to myself. This needed to stop now, it's becoming so fucked up that it was beginning to scare me. I sighed and thought of different ways to stop these weird dreams, but what can I do? I heard eating cheese right before going to bed gives you nightmares. I'd rather have a nightmare about Big Momma or Chucky than another sex dream about Kayden.
The one I had last night was worse; it was in the car park this time, on the bonnet of his car. I was worried for my mental health at this point. What if it happened again when I slept tonight? I'd be damned if I dreamed of another crazy location. Natalie clicking her fingers in my face brought me back to reality.
"Shit, you got me speaking to myself."
I scratched my head. "Sorry."
We were in her room. Nat's been back from Ayia Napa for a few days now so I was over to chill with her, but since I got here I couldn't stop worrying about these dreams. 
"What's wrong?"
I sighed. "Have you ever had a dream; a really weird one?"
She bit into her sandwich. "Depends. How weird?" 
"Sexual weird."
She laughed. "I'm not following you, love."
I rolled my eyes. "Sex dream. Have you had one?" 
"Course! Tyson Beckford, that sexy piece of ass!" she beamed, licking her lips. 
"Not a celebrity, a boy that you know."
She instantly frowned. "Oh, nah. Why, you did?"
I lay back on her bed and sighed as I peered up at the ceiling. "It's killing me, Nat. I can't help it." 
"Aww! That's sweet, who is it?"
I glared at her. Sweet?
"Was it Chris?" she questioned.
My eyes narrowed. "Fuck no." 
"Gavin?" My frown deepened. She gasped. "It is init!" 
"No, Nat."
She rubbed her chin in thought. "Fabien?"
I kissed my teeth. "You're taking the piss now." She giggled. "It's Kayden."
Her laughing ceased and her jaw dropped. "Really? What happened?" 
"I just told you. We have sex." And it's good sex, which is why it must stop.
She nodded slowly, taking this in. "He's a beast ain't he?" She smirked as if this were all a joke. I rubbed my temple. I was getting ready to kick her in the jaw. 
"It's not funny. I don't mean to dream about it. Happens almost every night, and it feels so fucking real. Why Nat, tell me why!" 
"You like him, that's why," she stated matter-of-factly. I sighed. I wasn't even bothered to discuss the matter anymore. No matter what I did or said, it will always lead back to this bullshit theory.
"Whatever," I mumbled.
"No seriously. You have sexual attraction towards him. You're thinking about him when you sleep and he clouds your imagination. That's why you tend to dream about him." 
"But why sex? Why can't I ever beat him up in my dreams?" 
"Hence the phrase sexual attraction."
I shook my head. "How do I make it stop Nat? I need help here!"
She laughed and sat on her windowsill. "Don't sleep. Or better yet, just don't think about him."
I gritted my teeth. "I don't."
"You obviously do darling." I covered my face and breathed deeply. This shit was stressful. She just didn't understand. 
"I'm gonna have to get a counsellor now. I knew it would come to this."
"I'd love to have a dream about him," she mused, gulping down some of her apple juice.
"You wouldn't, trust me."
"Why? What does he do?" she asked quietly.
I slowly turned to her and stared. "I'm not telling you about our sex, you mad?"
"I just wanna know." I sighed. "Is he...big?" 
"Nat!" 
"Simple question, Becc's."
I screwed her before looking away. "Yeah," I mumbled. She cheered. "It's fucked up though. It's not always in bed."
Her eyes widened. "So different places?" I nodded glumly. "Like?"
"Classrooms, car-parks, roofs, beaches..." I sighed as I remembered a recent one in a tropical rainforest. I always knew my imagination was fucked, but this was beyond ridiculous. She smiled at me and I screwed her in return. "Don't smile; I'll knock your teeth out."
She started laughing, enjoying my frustration. "I think I understand now," she beamed. "These dreams aren’t even dreams, they're premonitions."
I blinked wordlessly. "Heh?"
"It's eventually gonna happen."
I gave her a look. "Yeah...cos I really wanna have sex with Kayden," I muttered sarcastically. 
"You actually do, that's why it's funny."
I gnashed my teeth together. "Fuck you."
She started creasing. I kissed my teeth and threw a pillow at her head, causing her to fall off the windowsill and hurt her elbow. I was happy to know that I caused her some pain.
A few hours later I was back at home. I had already locked Andre outside the house for about an hour, but dad had let him back in for some stupid reason. He had told me off and tried giving me a pep talk about learning to treat Andre with respect. In my opinion, he was four years late with the advice.
After that ordeal I became bored and decided to relax in my room. Dad had taken Claycia and Uncle Clayton to see some family up in North. Dunno why, we barely saw them ourselves. I was busy doing Diamonds hair as she sat there watching Simpson’s. Her hair was amazing for a ten year old. A nice coolie afro, I honestly adored it. Her and Zaine would actually suit. Maybe I should hook them up...
"Do you have a boyfriend, D?" I asked out of interest.
"Not anymore," she replied. 
"What happened?" 
"He was a fool. Never trust man Rebecca. Dey tell yuh dey love yuh den dem garn di nex day!"
I laughed. She was such a young woman already. "He told you lies then?" 
"Yeah, fu fu lies dem! Mi nah truss no pikney." She folded her arms and huffed. It was just the best; I swear she was a legend. She will make history one day. 
"He's a fool to let you go then, alie?" 
"Exactly Rebecca, now 'im waan chat bout how dere's someone else too!"
I gasped dramatically. "Say what?!" 
"Yeah!" 
"Gworl, she done took yo' man!" 
"Exactly, she better watch out. When I get back to Jamaica shi garn fin' out." She kissed her teeth. It was adorable to hear, I couldn't help but laugh and coo at her anger. It was like having my own mini-me.
"How would you like a nice English boy then?" I proposed.
She pondered for a minute. "Is he nice?" 
"Very nice. Long hair, gorgeous face, nice smile, nice voice. Everything nice." I saw her smile through the mirror. "His name's Zaine."
"Xayne?"
I laughed. "That works too. I have a pic." I retrieved my phone and went to my picture file. It was the time he attended a children's party; he was dressed so fly I just had to capture the moment. I gave her my phone and she stared at it. After a few minutes she smiled.
"Nice," was all she said.
"He'd like you D. I'll talk to him for you, yeah?"
She nodded eagerly. "Yes please!"
I gave her the thumbs up through the mirror and she grinned. Soon I finished her hair and she ran along to go play with Andre. I don't understand how he excited her in any way. He was a walking corpse, he does nothing!
I sat on my bed and realised I had two missed calls and a text, all from Tyreece. I sighed. After that kiss I've been wondering. Not that I've been avoiding him but...I've been avoiding him. I really didn't want a repeat of all that. It was a simple kiss, but it could turn into much more if I wasn't careful.
—Call me 
Ty
I took a deep breath to ready myself and called him. He answered after a couple rings.
"Becc's..." 
"Yeah, I just got your text." 
"Mm, you alright?" 
"Err yeah, I'm cool. What is it?" Then he went in for the kill.
"When can you come round?" 
"Eh. I got a funeral to go to tomorrow so...maybe the day after?" 
"Yeah, okay." 
"Is it important? Cos if it is you can just say this shit now." 
"Just wanna see you." 
I sighed and rubbed my forehead in angst. "Ty, about last time-..."
"I know. I shouldn't have. Sorry." 
I laid back. "Nah, it's cool. I'm just confused about it." 
"I wasn't thinking." I heard a few people cheering in the background.
"Hm okay. Where are you, what's that noise?" 
"At the track. I'm here till like 10PM." 
"Again? Don't they realise you have a life?" 
He chuckled lightly. "It's fine, I'm dedicated to what I do. I don't mind." 
"Don't you get tired of all that?" 
"Not really, it's aight still." 
"Mm. I disagree, but okay." 
He laughed. "I have to go, but I'll see you Friday?" 
"Mmhm. Friday." 
"Bye, Becc's. 
"Bye." He locked off and I threw my phone on the bed. 
Ty was an athlete. That's cool and everything but he's always at the racetrack. They even have to train on Christmas day. His body was amazing because of it though, so I’m not complaining.
I could hear Diamond laughing from here. At what though? Andre doesn't crack jokes, he just sits there. I sighed and closed my eyes, thinking of tomorrow: Tanisha's funeral. I wasn't looking forward to it at all, seeing Kayden depressed is the last thing I needed right now. I missed his cocky attitude, his smirk, his dimple, everything.
When my mum died I was in that stage for at least 2-3 months. What if Kayden's stage lasts longer than that? I would have lost him then, cos it wasn't him at all, I weren't used to it. I wanted to see him again. I sighed and turned on my TV and stayed up watching Desperate Housewives until I fell asleep...
The next morning I woke up early and went straight in the shower. I was so tired, but on the bright side there was no dream, so this called for a mini celebration in the shower. After freshening up I wore my black fitted dress and a grey cardigan with a pair of grey heels that Shanay had bought me one time. I tied my hair back and glanced at the clock. 10:37AM. 
I went downstairs and made myself a sandwich. Kieran entered shortly after, wearing nothing but boxers, stretching and yawning whilst rubbing his eyes. I glared at him in disgust as he trudged over to the fridge.
"Why you dressed like that?" he asked, looking down at my heels. 
"Funeral." 
"Whose?" 
"A friend's auntie, I'm going there to support him."
He nodded slowly. "When you coming back?"
"Only time will tell," I muttered biting into my tuna sandwich. He went to the fridge and made a drink. I watched him, wishing someone would just shoot him with a BB gun or something. "Where's dad?" 
"Taking Claycia to her induction day."
I blinked. "She's going to school here?" He nodded. "How long are they staying for?" 
"A while."
I rolled my eyes and drank my water. "How's that job search going?" I asked in interest.
"Alright. Got an interview for Argos tomorrow at 9:30."
My eyes widened. "I can't believe it. You were actually searching for jobs?"
He raised a brow. "Yeah, why?" Here's me thinking he was using that as an excuse to find some pussy, but he actually took it seriously and went job hunting. HuhThat's a first.
"Well I wish you the best of luck," I said with a wide smile. 
"Safe." He walked out.
Soon it'll be his funeral; the thought made me smile. I relaxed for a while and played with Diamond till the doorbell sounded. I got up, said my goodbyes, grabbed my bag, and then opened the door. He was stood there in his three-piece black suit and matching shoes. He looked very sophisticated. His hair was freshly done with a neat shape up, it was nice. I gave a weak smile then closed the door behind me. We got in his car and he began to drive.
"Is it for 11:00?" I asked. He nodded and stared ahead. I switched the radio on and silence washed over us, the only sound coming from the radio playing smooth R&B. 
"You look nice," he commented quietly.
I glanced down at my fitted black dress with complex patterns by the seams. "Thanks," I muttered.
"I appreciate you coming today."
I nodded slowly. "Anything to help you out. I said I'd be there. It's gonna be tough, but you can get through it." He sighed and I gave him a reassuring smile, he didn't smile back though. I grabbed hold of one of his hands and gave it a gentle squeeze. His jaw clenched and he continued to drive.
Once we arrived everyone was already seated and the reverend was getting ready to begin. It was crowded, not even half the people were there for his birthday; this was a lot more. I followed Kayden and took a seat between him and Zaine, who had a blank emotionless face. The service begun and everyone listened intently. There were lovely decorations and a beautiful picture of her by the coffin. She looked exactly like Sha'riah; apart from the hair texture and the fact that she didn't have a beauty spot, everything else was identical.
 I could hear sniffing from all around, it was such a sad moment. I glanced at Kayden to see a small tear escaping his red eyes, but at the same time he screwed. I knew it was hard for him to contain his emotions; he was used to destroying something in order to calm himself.
As we sang the hymns I held his hand and squeezed it tight just like the last time. He took a deep breath and managed to get through the whole thing. Friends and family members spoke of her and said some beautiful things. Even Aaliyah presented herself and read a beautiful poem about the deceased woman. Sha'riah cried halfway through her speech and was led outside by Marcus. Kayden decided to say a few words. He got up and stood in front of everyone, then cleared his throat. 
"My Aunt Tanisha was a one in a million; she was strong-willed, kind-hearted and never took anyone for granted. She had a direct path in life. She had her goals and managed to achieve them. My auntie was the one individual who would make you feel good about yourself with her sense of humour and petty remarks, but that's not what I'll remember her for. What I'll remember her for is her support and just being there for me whenever I was down, and telling me I can do anything if I put my mind and soul into it. She cared for me as if I were her very own son. She was my second mother, my best friend, my everything.
"She once told me that things happened for a reason, so when I think about today I realise she's passed, but the reason is simple; to meet God, cos she was an angel, and always will be even after this day. As we sit here in sorrow, don't think negative, think positive. She wouldn't have wanted it to be this way. Today isn't to mourn about her death; it's to celebrate the good life that she got a chance to live. Even though she's not here in body, she'll forever be with us in spirit." He looked at me and I smiled weakly. "When you leave remember this day, cos this isn't the end for my auntie, this is just the beginning. Thank you." He turned to her coffin and rested his hand on it gently. "Rest in peace, Auntie." Everyone clapped as he left the small stage and returned to his seat. Sha'riah continued to cry silent tears, proud of her son’s speech.
I sniffed and wiped my eye. "That was beautiful."
He nodded and the service commenced. As Tanisha's partner, Trey, read her eulogy Shavonne began to cry, and was comforted by Kayden who wiped her tears.
After twenty minutes we were led to the cemetery. It was freezing cold and the thin cardigan I wore wasn't doing much. I shivered as they began to lower her coffin into the grave. We sang more hymns but my teeth were chattering too much. Kayden removed his suit and placed it around my shoulders. I thanked him and they began to put the earth back over the grave. Kayden, Marcus, Trey and a few others began to cover it with their shovels. When they were done, a wreath and a bunch of flowers were placed on top. It was a long, tiring, stressful day, but eventually it was over. Everyone began to head to the wake—which was hosted at Trey's house—except for Kayden, who insisted on heading back home already.
"You sure you don't wanna spend time with your family?"
He shook his head and opened the car door. We got inside and he drove slowly down the wet road. I peered out the window and thought to myself. He was very emotional right now; I had to be very careful about what I say and how I say it. He stopped off at mine and it was silent. He parked on the curb and said nothing else; he literally sat there staring into space. I gulped and removed my seat belt then opened the car door. 
"Thanks for the ride." He didn't reply. I could still see the tear stains on his solemn face. "What you said today was beautiful, by the way." 
"Get your things and put them in a bag," he said, eyes still facing ahead. I was stunned. He wanted me to spend the night and he wasn't asking me either, he was telling.
I exited the car and swallowed hard. "Erm...okay, I'll be back." I shut the car door and entered my house using the keys.
I could hear Andre and his fugly bredrins in the living-room, dad was in the kitchen, and Claycia was in my bedroom reading a magazine on my bed. I swear that's all she did. I went to my drawers and began taking out the necessary items to change into for tomorrow. 
"How'd the funeral go?" Clay asked. 
"Verrry emotional," I muttered.
"So where yuh goin’ now?" 
"Staying at a friend’s."
"When will you be back?" 
"Tomorrow. Maybe Saturday," I answered. I stuffed all my shit in my Adidas shoulder-bag and slid it around me, now ready to leave.
Claycia frowned. "Yuh garn leave me wid Andre?" 
"He's half dead anyway, and his friends won't touch you. Just entertain yourself till I get back."
She nodded slowly. "Alright, bye."
I left my room and went back downstairs to the kitchen where dad and Uncle Clayton were sat by the table and chatting shit. They both looked at me and Dad frowned. 
"I didn't know you were here." 
"I'm heading back out. Is it alright if I stay with a friend?" 
"Which fren’?" Uncle cut in, a deep screw plastered on his face. 
"Brooklyn...from school," I lied. If I told the truth he'd question me for roughly two hours.
He nodded. "Yuh waan a lif?" 
"Nah I'm fine. See you soon." 
"Be safe," dad said.
"Easy baby girl!" Uncle called as I left the kitchen.
I exited the house and hopped back in the car. Kayden was busy texting on his Blackberry. I waited patiently until he was done. He eventually started up the engine and we headed back to his...
"Have you calmed down now?" I asked, playing with his hair. His head was resting on my lap as I sat with my back against the headboard. He didn't respond in any way, so I decided to give him more time. I played with the pattern on his shirt and he breathed deeply. I noticed his temple was pulsating, a clear sign that he was still truly angry. "Want something to eat?"
"Nah."
I nodded slowly. He didn't want anything. What the hell am I supposed to do?       
"Okay," I muttered, stroking his head softly in order to soothe him.
"Why is life so fucked, Ree?" he asked quietly as he peered up at the ceiling.
I sighed and wrapped my index finger around his long plait. "Life is different for everyone; some people lead good and bad lives. It just depends on the path they decide to choose."
His lips tightened. "I took the wrong path and my life was shit..." he turned to me, "then you made it better."
I smiled lightly. "That's sweet, Kayden." 
"Its true. I've never been attached to a girl so much before, not even Aaliyah. You're different in a good way; I want you to stay in my life."
"I already said I will."
"I can't separate from you; you keep me sane, you make me laugh and I enjoy being around you. Don't ever go." My heart ached as his confession. He was breaking slowly, giving me an insight to his true feelings.
"I won't Kayden, I promise." I leaned down and kissed his lips gently. I dunno what made me do it, but it felt nice and natural. I've never been the one to kiss him; it was always the other way around. His tongue trailed over his bottom lip once I pulled away.
"She was a good woman, Ree. I don't understand why God would wanna take her away from me and my family."
"I know. Your speech was perfect. Did you practice or was it on paper?" 
He shrugged. "Improvised." 
"Even better, it was impressive. You have a good heart."
He sighed. "She was only 32, she didn't deserve to go." His frown deepened. "She didn't fucking deserve it, Ree. Is this punishment or something?" 
"No, course not-..." 
"But it is, init? It has to be. Probably bad karma cos I worked for that dickhead. God try get me back by taking everyone away from me, all the ones I love." His hands clenched into fists. "I won't fucking have it! I've suffered enough!" I winced at his booming voice. He then sat up, breathing heavily. I watched him closely then he sighed before turning to look at me. His face softened. "I didn't mean to scare you." 
"It’s okay." I fiddled with his bed sheets and traced my finger along the stitching as he watched over me.

Kayden
I couldn't help but stare at her. She was so beautiful and understanding. To be able to put up with my bullshit right now was another bonus. I didn't mean to take my anger out on her, she didn't deserve it. She traced her finger along my duvet. I yawned and stretched.
"Tired?" she questioned. I nodded and she pulled back the covers then lay down, patting the empty space beside her. I laid my head on the pillow and pulled her closer to me. She rested her head on my shoulder and breathed deeply.
Today was emotional, I witnessed everyone cry and I tried my best to suppress my emotions, but I couldn't help it. I had to let everything out. I wished it was an open casket though, that way I could have said bye to her face just one last time. I'm glad Ree was there with me; she managed to keep me calm throughout. I don't know what I would have done if she wasn't around. Even now I felt like destroying something, but it was as if her presence alone caused the anger to decrease. I felt her palm stroke my chest. I looked at her and felt all the love from several months back. She knew exactly how I felt, I knew she felt the same—but we can take this slow without discussion. I'll take my time with her. 
"Your eyes are red," she stated quietly. 
"I know."
She continued to rub my chest softly. "Maybe this isn't the right time, but I have something to confess."
I glanced at her. "What?" 
"I've been having those dreams again."
My face remained blank. "What dreams?" 
"You and me."
I was still confused. "What about me and you?"
She sighed. "The sex dreams, Kayden. Us. They keep happening."
I nodded slowly as I remembered her telling me this beforehand. "Is that a bad thing?"
She gave a small shrug. "It's just weird cos it feels so real."
I stroked her arm. I didn't know what to say this time, I was so pissed off. I couldn't even think straight right now. "Is that why you were saying my name the other night?"
She frowned. "I did?"
"Yeah. You was moaning my name and moving about on the bed."
She rubbed her face in shame. "I can't help it. I'd be sleeping and it happens but I wouldn't remember even falling asleep." 
"Every night?" She nodded slowly. "We'll see if it happens tonight. If it does I'll wake you."
"Okay."
It was silent for a minute when I decided to ask, "Is it nice?" She looked away shyly. Seeing Shy Rebecca made me smile for the first time today. "You can tell me."
She hid her face in my shirt. "I don't want to." 
"Why?" 
"It's embarrassing." 
"Nah it isn't. It's only me."
She sighed deeply. "It's passionate and it means a lot. But I never know how it starts or ends." 
"Are we making love?"
She hid her face again. "I don't even know the difference."
"Did I tell you I loved you?" 
"Yeah." 
"Well then."
She laughed gently. "How do I make it stop, Kayden?" I shrugged and she shook her head, as if stressed.
I'd never had a dream like that before, so I wouldn't know. It was nice knowing that she dreamt of me, again. I looked at her and felt the same sensation I'd always get whenever she was close to me. I lifted her head up by her chin and kissed her lips softly; she responded and held onto me tight. It took all my will-power to pull away. 
"If I asked to make love to you right now, what would you say?" I whispered. Her eyes widened, she was stunned by the question. "Yes or no?" 
"You're putting me on the spot," she grumbled.
"It shouldn't be hard."
She looked away. "You're my friend." 
"Yes or no, Ree?" 
"Kayden..." 
"Yes or no?" 
"I dunno." 
"No or yes?"
She was silent for a few seconds. "You already know my answer," was all she said. I nodded slowly. She was right, I did know the answer. I just wanted to hear it from her mouth. She was too stubborn though. "I thought you were tired?" she questioned.
"Yeah, but I don't wanna sleep and just leave you."
She smiled gently. "I'll be okay." I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep with Ree stroking my chest...
The smell of chicken woke me up instantly. I looked beside me to see an empty space. I then scratched my head and got up. I realised I still had my suit on from earlier and changed into some house wear. I slipped on my string vest and Nike tracksuit then yawned and looked at the time. 7:29PM. I slept longer than necessary. I kissed my teeth and went downstairs to the front room to see Ree sat there watching a film. I went and collapsed next to her. She gave me a look.
"You okay?"
I nodded. "Did you cook?" 
"Mmhm. Want some?" I nodded again and she got up then left the room.
She's been good today, I don't know where her attitudes disappeared to, but truthfully I missed it—yet I like her this way. Ree wasn't Ree without the rudeness. Maybe it would soon ware off. I got up and headed to the kitchen; she was stood in front of the microwave warming up the food. I stood behind her and held her round the waist. 
"You didn't have to cook," I muttered against her neck.
"I wanted to. I knew you'd be hungry." 
"You gonna eat wid me?" She nodded and I kissed her neck. Once the food was heated she took it out and got out two spoons. We went back to the living-room and ate; the film still hadn't finished yet. 
"What is this?" I asked.
"Saving Private Ryan."
I raised a brow. "You like war films?" 
"Not really, but the remote's all the way over there." She pointed to the Sky remote on the other side of the room resting on the sofa. I nodded and she fed me a spoonful of rice. I loved Ree's cooking; she was really good at it. The seasoning and everything else was perfect.
"Did you cook from a young age?"
"Yeah, dad taught me," she answered meekly. We soon finished and put everything away before heading upstairs and relaxing in bed. "When will they be back? It's getting late," she muttered, glancing at the time.
I shrugged in response. "Probably an hour. Zaine's got school tomorrow so it won't be long." She nodded and I looked at her. "You're very special to me, Ree."
She was stunned by the sudden statement. "Am I?" 
"Of course."
"What's brought this on?" she questioned.
"Just thought I'd let you know. I don't feel pissed anymore either. I've never known someone that can calm me down so easily, even on a day like this."
She smiled. "I didn't really do anything."
"You did. Aunt Tanisha would have liked you."
She rested on me comfortably and played with my fingers in hers. "She seemed like an amazing woman," she acknowledged.
I sighed just thinking about it. "She was." 
"She's probably watching down on you right now; proud that she has such a caring nephew."
I smiled and kissed her lips softly. "Thanks, Ree."
She cooed. "You're smiling."
I stroked her arm softly. "You give me reason to smile." 
"I'm the female don."
I chuckled and rested on my elbow, watching over her. "Mm, I wanna please the female don."
She gave me a knowing look. "How you gonna please the female don?" she asked with a conniving smile.
"Lay back and I'll show the female don," I whispered, brushing my nose against hers. She giggled and I kissed her fully, allowing her to lie on her back. I climbed between her legs and our kiss deepened, and then I reached for her zipper. No sex, just the usual, but she still came. I cleaned her up and soon we were lying back down in a comfortable silence. She had changed into her night wear and we spoke about things. When she fell asleep I bunned and instantly felt relaxed. This funeral would be the last I went to, I'll make sure of that. I flicked the zoot out the window and turned to my phone which was vibrating on my side-table.
"Yeah?" 
"You wanna fuck around wid me, Kayden?" 
I screwed at the familiar voice. "I told the rest that I'm not part of your bullshit anymore. Find someone else." 
Marik chuckled lightly. "I don't like your tone." 
"I don't give a fuck. I don't live to please you. Dad was right to stay away from you, fuck off." 
"This won't end well for you, Tempz." 
My teeth gritted together. "I'm not scared of you or no other man. Come find me and I'll be waiting init. Or you gonna turn my own mandem against me?" 
"I get what I want, you know that. You made the wrong choice. You know what happens now, init?" I snarled. "It's that time. You fuck around wid me then you face the consequences. You're dead, Kayden. Believe that."
He locked off.
I kissed my teeth and threw my phone down. Fucking prick. I turned to Ree who was sleeping peacefully. I stroked her cheek and thought for a moment.
Marik can get his men; I don't need anyone for back-up. I'll happily take on the challenge. I ride by myself. Whatever happens, happens.  
It's on.

No comments:

Post a Comment