Sunday 3 November 2013

Chapter twenty-seven

Becca
He advanced towards me slowly. I peered around the room in panic, trying to find any weapons to use.
But there were none.
The thumping music continued to blast from the main hall despite the tense atmosphere. For some odd reason my heart was racing and I was finding it hard to breathe, let alone swallow. Was I actually scared? Seriously, this is Leon, I've brought him down once before and I could do it again. But the look in his eyes and the murderous glare he carried told me otherwise.
What the fuck am I gonna do?
"What's wrong, Becc's?" he asked coolly as he stood before me.
I swallowed hard and felt my sweaty palms shaking simultaneously. "Nothing," I answered faintly.
I couldn't bring myself to attack him, I actually couldn't...there was something about him, something odd. He was like a new Leon; he didn't take shit from anyone and I could tell from the moment I saw him. His eyes pierced into mine suspiciously, and suddenly the memory of stabbing him in the thigh came flooding back and a sense of regret was present.
"You sure?" he asked, stepping even closer, all in my comfort zone; a little bit too close.
I flinched as his hand came to contact with my hair. He brushed the hair out of my eyes gently. I was stunned. What the hell is he doing?
"If I didn't know any better I'd say you were scared," he whispered with blank eyes.
His voice was monotone, like there was no life in him; he had changed so much since I last saw him. His face, his height, his weight, his style—everything. He was a thug now, and he was right; I was scared. I reached behind me for the handle and attempted to open it swiftly but his strong hands pushed it back shut.
"Where you going? I just wanna talk to you." His eyes were beginning to scare me. I wanted nothing more than escape, but I could tell that was going to be impossible.
I took a quick glance around the room; there was nothing that would come in handy, just a few drawers and a dusty brown leather chair. A cupboard stood in the corner of the room. I began to wonder what was in there but I doubt it was anything that would be of any use. The window was left wide open and cold air quickly filled the room. If I could get to that window and escape that would be awesome.
"You're not even gonna say hello, Becc's?" he questioned, interrupting my thoughts as he caressed my cheek lightly with his fingers.
I didn't know where his hands have been, but I couldn't speak, my heart was thumping too loud and I was finding it hard to think straight.
"You haven't changed," he muttered running his hand down my arm and waist till he reached my bare thigh. I watched his hand closely, waiting.
Any minute now...
"Have you missed me?" he asked, still keeping his deadly glare.
"No."
"Why not?"
"Because..."
"Cos you were the one who fucking put me in hospital, alie?" I looked away; it was hard to keep eye contact with him for more than a second. "And now that I'm here you can't even look me in the eye? I ain't a stranger."
I didn't answer.
"LOOK AT ME!" I flinched and slowly turned back to face him. "After all these months you ain't gonna say shit."
I remained silent.
Suddenly his hand gripped my throat and he began to choke me. I gasped in shock as he squeezed onto my neck.
"You fucking damaged my leg you know that?" he snarled, his soft face contorted into that of a maniac.
I was losing shortage of breath quickly. I held onto to his arm and attempted to wriggle free, but his grip was way too tight.
"We were good together, Becc's, then you had to fucking ruin it. Why?" His grip tightened and he clenched my neck harder.
I spluttered and felt my energy diminishing. I clawed at his arm but it held no effect. He was actually trying to kill me, the sick bastard! I swung my fists viciously and managed to punch him in the nose. His head jerked backwards from the impact. Then he smiled.
"You getting brave now?" He then used both hands to increase his strangling. My throat was now closing up. "Man spent months in hospital cos of you! Are you fucking stupid Rebecca? I should fucking end you right now!"
I brought my leg up and kneed him hard the balls. He groaned and let go as a reflex to cup himself. I quickly pushed him out the way and ran to the open window. Don't care; I need to get out of here. As soon as I reached the window I felt hands grab onto my ankle, causing me to drop and hit the ground with a thud. He dragged me back forcefully.
"Get the fuck off me!" I screeched.
His face didn't change; it remained straight and rigid, like he was bent on killing me. He carried no emotion whatsoever, and that's what made it worse. His nose bled but he dismissed it completely; he just wanted me. He gripped onto my ankle tighter and continued to drag me. I tried to pull on the furniture in order to escape his hold but was no use.
The rest became a blur...

Kayden
"Your call has been forwarded to the T-mobile voice messaging service—"
I locked off and sighed. It wasn't like Ree to air my calls, no matter what she was doing. Her phone has been off since yesterday. I kissed my teeth and threw my phone down. Fuck it, I'll try again later. I got up off the bed and went to my drawers. I opened the last one to check that it was still in there; fully loaded and put on safety. I couldn't wait to use it, and Marik's soon gonna know not to fuck wid me, and anyone else who tries it.
I got a zoot out with my lighter and stood by the window, inhaling it deeply. Maybe she was busy with something, but she never turns her phone off. Ever. It made me think for a bit. I could sense a bad vibe, like something horrible was taking place...or about to. I dunno, maybe I was waved again. I just wanted to jam with her today, go out for a bit and spend some time, and we could talk about us. I kissed my teeth and scratched my head.
Stop worrying Kayden, she's busy.
My phone went off. Thinking it was Ree I answered quickly.
"You had me scared for abit, y’know."
"I'm sorry." 
I raised a brow at the voice, and then sighed. "What do you want, Li?"
"Can you come round?"
"What for?"
"I just wanna talk. I'm sorry about everything. Please?"
I sighed and locked off. I exhaled out the window and felt the cool breeze. Can't believe the sun was shining today, considering England had the shittiest weather. It was one of the main reasons why I couldn't wait to get out of here and move somewhere else; a place like the Caribbean. Somewhere the sun never disappeared. And I'd take Ree with me; cos without her I can't be happy, I can't be myself. I smiled at the thought.
I'm whipped for true.
There was a knock at my door. I exhaled again and felt light-headed.
"Yeah," I called out.
The door opened and dad came in. He saw what I was holding and frowned. "What did I tell you about smoking that shit?"
I looked back out the window and took another draw. "Like you don't smoke the same thing."
"Not anymore. It messes you up, you know it does. Gwaanin' like you ain't got sense. Dash it." I kissed my teeth and threw it out the window. "I'm taking Zaine to Uncle Ryan's, are you coming?"
"I'd rather stay here," I answered quietly.
"Mm, suit yourself. I'm surprised Rebecca isn’t here yet. You two are joined at the hip ta'rartid."
I looked at him. "Dunno where she is."
He gave an odd look. "As long as she's safe then you shouldn't worry, fix your face."
"Mm. Tell Uncle Ryan I said cool."
"Yeah, bye son."
"Later." He left and shut the door. After standing there peering outside, I shut the window and got my phone. I tried her again...
"Your call has been forwarded to the T-mobile—"
I locked off and screwed. This is taking the piss now. I put my converses on along with my hoody and left the room. When I got downstairs I went to the living-room where mum was sat in silence.
"Mum, I'm going somewhere quickly, I'll be back later." She looked at me with empty eyes and a glum face. "Will you be okay on your own?"
She smiled a weak smile, drained of all happiness. "Of course."
I kissed her on the forehead, said bye, then left. I got in my car and drove quickly. The traffic didn't help. I kissed my teeth and tried different manoeuvres and short-cuts but I couldn’t escape the traffic. Fuck sake.
Once I stopped at another set of traffic lights I saw them out the window; Nicholas, Clapz, Kenneth and Joel, all wearing hoods and walking down the street, probably with no motive. They spotted me and stopped to watch man. Look at them, fucking pussio's with no life; they've already given it away to one man, they just didn't realise. They watched me silently. I screwed and drove off once the light turned green. They were still staring even as I turned the corner. Pricks. I wasn't about to waste my time on them. Let them do their ting and I'll do mine.
When I got to Ree's I rang the doorbell and waited patiently, hoping she'd answer and everything would be cool. The door opened to reveal an angry black man—not even Ree's dad. Must be the uncle she was telling me about. His eyes narrowed and he crossed his arms.
"Wah yuh waan?" he bellowed.
"Is Rebecca in?"
"Who's askin'?"
"I'm a friend from work."
He scrutinised me harshly. "Wah yuh name?"
"Kayden."
"Oh, yuh. Shi nuh reach 'ere yet."
"Do you know where she might be?"
He stroked his chin, deep in thought. "Shi might garn work yu'kna. Why?"
"I've been tryna contact her. Her phone's off."
"Hm, try again yout. Me garn."
"Thanks."
He gave a brief nod and closed the door. I went back to the car and sat down, staring through the window aimlessly. Where the fuck could she be? It's like she's gone missing. I need to know she's safe, I don't know what I'd do—probably hurt someone. After thinking to myself I started the engine and drove to work. I parked and went inside. It was dead; barely any workers or customers about. I scoped the room, trying to spot her. Even checked behind the till, staffroom and office.
She wasn't there.
I breathed deeply and felt like killing someone. My Ree...where is she?
I knew I felt a felt a bad vibe, just like I did about the call concerning Aunt Tanisha's death. I sensed it beforehand. I was right about that...
I could be right about this.
That gut feeling was there and I didn't like it. The thought of Ree being hurt made my blood boil. I left the staff room and bumped into Nathan. He raised an eyebrow.
"I swear today ain't your shift?"
"It ain't."
"What you doing here?"
I continued to look around. "You seen Ree?"
"Nah nah, why?"
"So she hasn't been here today?"
He shook his head. "Not that I can remember. Just me and Natasha."
"Fuck." I gritted my teeth and he gave me a look.
"Has summin' happened?"
I shook my head. "Nah, I'll catch you later."
"Cool fam."
I left Footlocker and decided to drive around to try and take these odd thoughts out my head. I could be making a big deal out of nothing, but then again when it comes to this shit I was never wrong. I sensed when the fedz was at the door for my dad last year, I sensed when something had happened to Zaine at school—I sense all kinds of shit. Mum always said I was born with a sixth sense. I didn't like where this was going. I brought my phone out and tried again, third time lucky...
"Your call has been forwarded to the T-mobile voice—"
"FUCK!" I locked off and breathed deeply. It fucking raged me not knowing where she was. I know she didn't have college today either, she can't be at her bredrins; she would’ve answered the phone.
Where the fuck is my Ree?
I sighed and felt like giving up. I drove to hers feeling mildly angry. I rang the doorbell and she answered wearing her dressing gown with her hair tied back into a messy bun. She moved aside so I could step in and shut the door softly.
"Your mum in?" I asked. She slowly shook her head. "Your dad?"
"He hasn't been here since last week." I nodded slowly and she stared at me for ages. I screwed immediately.
"Why the fuck am I here, Aaliyah?"
She scratched her head and appeared nervous. "I just wanted to talk."
I leaned against the wall and watched her. "Talk."
"Erm..." She looked around nervously. "I'd rather sit down." My screw deepened. She led me to her room which was completely bare and empty, just a few more furniture left and her bed. I blinked a few times.
"Where's all your things?"
"Put away. I'm moving tomorrow."
I paused. "Oh."
She sat on her bed and I took a seat on the other side. I didn't want to be near her, in case she said something that angered me and caused me to hurt her, and that was the last thing I wanted. She turned to me and sighed.
"I apologise for my behaviour on your birthday, Kayden." I stared at her wordlessly. "I felt like you had to know, but I realise now that I disrespected you and I'm sorry."
I looked away. "You upset me that day, Li."
"I know. I'm so sorry." I got up and moved closer to her. She watched me anxiously. She seemed fragile again.
"Stop apologising," I muttered.
"Okay, sorry." I smiled and kissed her forehead.
"I don't want you to think you're second best," I said quietly.
She shrugged. "Lately I've felt that way. I can't help the way I feel."
"You don't have to feel inferior. You know I love you."
She looked down at her fingers and shook her head. "Not like you love her," she muttered.
I sighed. "Don't do this again."
"No, it's okay. I won't, I was just saying." She scratched her head. "Erm, I still have your present." She dug into her pocket and pulled out an expensive looking watch. She handed it to me, my eyes widened as I analysed it. Don't tell me she got me a G-shock...
"How did you afford this?"
She laughed. "Savings. I bought it two days before your birthday. I know you're not that good at keeping time."
I chuckled lightly and slid it on. "Thanks, Li."
"It's okay." I hugged her and smelt her perfume. The same scent as Ree... I inhaled the sweet smell and was reminded of her instantly.
"Ree..." I muttered unconsciously. Aaliyah pulled away and looked at me.
"Hm?"
I shook my head. "Nothing. What time you moving tomorrow?"
"The van will be here at 9:20 I think."
I rubbed my face. "I forgot about helping you pack."
"It's okay, you were busy and everything. I was fine anyway, mum helped me."
"What about your dad?"
She shrugged. "He doesn't really want me to move, he said he won't be involved in the process."
"Fucking prick."
She giggled. "My mum called him that last week and he didn't retaliate, I was shocked."
"Maybe he's finally seeing the error of his ways."
"Mm, maybe. Want anything?"
Ree.
"I'm alright."
She played with my fingers and we spoke about different things. An hour later we were laying down catching up on shit I didn't even know about; like her applying to BrightonUniversity and her mum, Kamillah, being three months pregnant. I could already tell that prick Biggz won't be around like a proper dad. He's been a shit parent for as long as I can remember.
"What do think about the pregnancy?" I asked.
She sighed deeply. "I'm happy for mum, she wants this baby and I've supported her. I just don't think dad will stick around." I stroked her arm as I thought about the situation.
"Your dad's a cunt Aaliyah, you don’t need him in your life. He hasn’t proved himself. There's a baby on the way, he needs to fix up or get the fuck out." She nodded and played with my plaits.
"I wish my dad was like yours."
I raised a brow at that. "Like working constantly and barely being around? You wouldn't want that."
"I'd prefer my dad to be hard-working than not working at all."
I held her closer. "We don't need to talk about your dad, he pisses me off." She twirled my plait around her finger and rested her head on my chest.
"How's your mum?" she asked.
"Still the same, she doesn't really talk anymore."
She frowned in worry. "Will she be okay?"
"In time. Don't worry, Li."
"I can't help it." Just like I can't help thinking about Rebecca. I needed to find her; it's been roughly four hours and I haven’t heard from her, no text, no nothing.
Aaliyah peered at me with a raised brow. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm cool."
"You seem pissed abit pissed off."
"Nah, I'm just thinking about something."
"What?"
"Nothing you'd be interested in, don't worry."
I held her close and smelt Ree's perfume again. It was as if she was in the room with me. She looked at me and all I could picture was Ree's face. Her perfectly-shaped lips, light brown eyes and that cute button nose. I saw everything, even as she frowned and her eyebrows knitted together whenever she scolded me. Then her jaw would tense when she was being stubborn or telling me off. I licked my lips at the image, but then remembered who I was actually staring at.
"You smell nice," I said. She smiled at the compliment.
"Thanks." I caught a whiff of her perfume and imagined Ree's face again. I watched her silently and she laughed. "Why are you staring at me like that?" I blinked and the image disappeared.
"Like what?"
"You look dazed."
"Nah, I was just saying you smell nice init."
She nodded slowly. "Okay, well you do too."
"Mm." I rubbed her back and she continued to peer at me sceptically.
"It's her, init?" I looked up at the ceiling and said nothing. "If you wanna spend time with her, you can."
"Yeah..."
She trailed her finger along my chest and sighed deeply. "Do you love her, Kayden?" she whispered.
I thought for abit. I could picture her in my mind once again. She was perfect; with her I couldn't go wrong. I already knew everything about her and we've managed to connect in a way that no-one else was capable of...she was mine.
"Yeah, I do," I admitted.
"More than you love me?" I peered down at her; lips locked into a thin line and eyes glossy and heartfelt. She waited for an answer.
"I love you differently."
She frowned. "I thought I wasn't second best?"
"You're not. I love you in a different way."
She breathed heavily and her eyes became lidded. "That doesn't answer my question. Who do you love more?" I rolled my eyes and grunted. "Alright; if Rebecca and I were both drowning and you could only save one, which one would you save?"
I shook my head, couldn't even bring myself to imagine shit like that. "Why are you doing this, Li?"
"You love us both, so where do we stand? I just wanna know."
I watched her silently and she stared back in desperation. The way she gets emotional about these tings... I bent down and kissed her lips softly. She froze and remained completely still, but soon responded and gradually relaxed. I haven't kissed another girl in a good five months and it felt different as it wasn't Ree's soft lips I was feeling. Her hand smoothed over my hair and she held onto my neck, pulling me closer. After a few minutes I pulled away and peered into her eyes. She appeared shocked.
"What was that about?" she panted on my lips.
"I wouldn't kiss someone I didn't love," I pointed out.
She turned away from me, still breathing heavily. "But you'd kiss a stupid girl you felt sorry for," she sulked.
I kissed my teeth. "Fuck sake, never satisfied. I tell you these things and you never accept it, yet you ask me if I love you when you already know the answer." I screwed and she shifted away from me.
"You don't know what it's like losing someone important to somebody else!"
"I ain't gone anywhere."
She looked away. "We're not the same, she keeps getting between us. Every time I see you, her name is mentioned."
"You bring her up."
"Maybe you shouldn't have met her in the first place. She causes problems," she mumbled, folding her arms. I breathed deeply and composed myself. It was one thing after another with this girl.
"Why are we arguing, Li? Who I love more doesn't matter cos frankly I love you both equally."
She slowly turned to me then nodded. "Okay."
"Rebecca's done nothing wrong. She's just in my life; you have to accept that."
She nodded and wrapped her arms around me. "I'm tired," she said.
"Get some sleep," I whispered. She yawned and I pulled the covers over us and rubbed her back softly.
Eventually she fell asleep and I laid there contemplating to myself. After a while I got up and left her to rest alone. I got my things on and left then got in my car and drove back home. It was around half-seven when I arrived and the only thing I heard was a distinct dripping sound coming from the living-room. I went in there to see mum sat in the same position I had last seen her in; still with the TV switched off and her sat there staring blankly at the wall.
"Mum..." She slowly turned to me. "You okay?"
"Yes."
I noticed there was a puddle in the middle of the room, I raised a brow and saw water dripping from the ceiling.
"Did you leave the bath running again?" I asked.
She stared at me with bottomless eyes, and then blinked a couple times. "I'm not sure, I can't remember."
I sighed and quickly headed upstairs to the bathroom. The bath had flooded and water was everywhere. I turned the taps off and went back downstairs to the kitchen to fetch the mop and bucket. Took me nearly half an hour to clean it up. When I was back downstairs mum still hadn't moved. Aunt Tanisha's death had affected her a lot more than I thought.
"Are you hungry, mum?"
"No, I'm okay."
"What did you eat?"
"I can't remember."
I breathed deeply. "Do you want anything?"
"I'm fine right here," she insisted.
I watched her silently. She was distant. It's been weeks and things were still the same—she just wasn't her normal self yet. I didn't expect her to be but this behaviour was fucked. She didn't move an inch, she just sat there. Eventually I persuaded her to lie down and rest as she seemed tired. I stayed with her in her bedroom and soon left when she began to drift off.
Everything was messing up lately, I didn't understand; first people turn weird and try to involve themselves in your situations, then you got bare man after you for shit you haven't even done. It's madness. I tied my hair back, took off my top and tracksuit then got into bed and sighed, taking the silence as an opportunity to think. Maybe Ree needed space, I dunno, but I'll try her again tomorrow. My phone went off moments later and I answered.
"Yeah."
"Wagwaan Tempz?"
"Nu'in much still. Where you been? Man ain't seen you since that rave."
"Around, went down North for abit." 
I raised a brow. "Why?"
"Some car accident I was involved in, didn't want fedz knowing init." I kissed my teeth. Kamar and his incidents...
"And you’re rolling round wid a drivers licence."
He laughed. "I'm a good driver blud, don't watch that."
"Mm, what you on?"
"Jammin'. Aye I need a favour though."
"What?"
"You gonna borrow man a couple bills till next month?" 
I screwed immediately. "What for?"
"I owe this gyal init, swear down you'll get it back."
"What makes you think I have that kinda p?" 
"Swear you got bills for your 18th?"
"That's staying in my bank blud." 
He tutted. "Ah, allow me Tempz."
"The fuck does a girl need with 2 bills, what did you do?"
"Can't say right now. You gonna help man out though?"
"I love the way you call when you want summin'."
"It ain't like that, man ain't been around-..."
"I beg you fuck off Kamar." I kissed my teeth and locked off then threw my phone down.
Today hasn't been my day. Pricks these days; sometimes it was hard to decipher who your real ones are, when you get older it starts to show. Kamar can fuck off, ain't seen him in a good five months and now he comes back asking for p? It doesn't work like that. I tutted and laid there for long, thinking about different shit till I fell asleep...

Becca
It was morning. I was free, finally away from his grasp. With a burning throat, pounding migraine, bruised body, aching stomach, and throbbing ankles—I managed to get there barely in one piece. Tears prickled my eyes, covered my cheeks and dripped off of my chin endlessly, enhancing the pain in my head. I couldn't think, hear, or see straight. I just wanted comfort, I needed someone...I needed him. My vision became more blurry and my heart thumped against my chest as it picked up speed.
Please be in...
My bare feet felt sore against the cold pavement and my ripped dressed exposed most of my body. I didn't know what else to do. With a shaky finger I rang the doorbell, hoping and praying that he would answer and not anyone else. I held onto the railing for support to ensure I didn't collapse for a second time in the street.
Please be in...
The door opened swiftly and he stood there in just his boxers, rubbing his eyes and yawning. He noticed it was me and his eyes widened.
"Ree?"
I sniffed and released the railing attempting to walk in my own stride but instead lost my balance quickly and collapsed, right into his arms. He shot me a worried look and closed the door with his foot. I sobbed and he held me tight and rubbed my back consolingly. I didn't care about anything else right now, I was just happy to finally being in his embrace.
"What happened to you?" I sniffed and decided not to answer. "Come; let's get you cleaned up yeah?" I nodded and he carried me upstairs.
I didn't know the time; I didn't recall everything that had happened...I just wanted to feel safe. He sat me down on his bed and kneeled in front of me. He looked in my eyes and wiped the fallen tears.
"Everything's gonna be alright," he assured, a determined expression on his face.
For a split second, I almost believed him. I nodded, still shivering and he went to his drawers. He took out a change of clothes and laid them on the bed, then led me to the bathroom and ran me a bath. I couldn't stop shaking at the vivid memory, I was just glad to be away.
When he was done he rested the towel and toothbrush by the sink and retrieved a flannel. He helped me to rid of the muddy, torn dress, and then I stepped into the warm bubbly water. I shuddered at the sensation and sat back.
But I couldn't relax.
I couldn't get Leon off my mind.
Kayden remained by the edge of the bath, using the flannel to cleanse my body thoroughly. I trembled and kept my knees up in order to hug my legs. I imagined Leon again. He did unthinkable things to me. I couldn't feel certain parts of my body as they were still numb, he'd even destroyed my phone to prevent all contact as he did the things he did. I heard Kayden sigh as he rinsed my aching back.
"It's gonna be okay, I promise," he soothed.
I swallowed hard and continued to stare at the bubbles. His ringtone was heard and he stood up then left the room. I sat there and soaked up the hot water, the temperature seeping into the cuts on my arms and legs. They stung, but I couldn’t care less right now. I tried my best to focus on something else, but he was there, right in my head.
I cried.
20 minutes later I had brushed my teeth and drained the tub and wrapped the towel around my body. I didn't feel any better, but I felt much cleaner. I went back to his room to see him texting on his phone. He looked at me and threw his phone down immediately.
"You should've told me you were done, I would've helped you out."
I shook my head and sat at the edge of the bed. He then turned to leave the room.
"No," I rasped quietly. My strained voice had already affected my sore throat. It was the first word I've said in two days.
He studied me closely before sitting beside me on the bed. We sat there in silence as he dried me with the towel. I breathed heavily and kept my head down.
"You have to get changed," he stated calmly.
"Stay," I muttered. He nodded and grabbed the cream.
I was changed minutes later, with him carrying a angry scowl on his face. He had got some plasters and put them on most of my cuts, then cleaned the dried blood off of my lip and knees. I sniffed and sat against his headboard, making sure to keep my eyes low. I couldn't even look him in the eye after this. I couldn't look at anything, only my hands...my once bruised, bloody hands. Even after time spent in the bath I still felt mildly dirty and used.
Even after time spent away from that psychopath, my heart still thumped.
I was still scared for my life.

Kayden
I couldn't believe the state she was in. I never expected her to be turn up at my front door at early hours in the morning, especially after I spent most of the day searching for her and worrying two days ago. Yesterday I had given up, and thought maybe she was actually occupied doing something. Now that I see her like this, I know she's been put through hell.
It was coming up to 8AM and she was now sat against my headboard playing with her fingers. Seeing her this way pissed me off, but I had to keep my cool for her sake. I'd want nothing more than to snap the bastard’s neck and throw them in a river, but it seemed like she won't say anything for the longest time.
This was the first time I'd ever seen Ree so fragile. She seemed lost, hurt, confused. Someone had definitely done something to my baby. Even as she was changing I could see the amount of bruises and cuts on her body. I didn't understand. One day she's fine and the next she's beaten to a pulp.
I couldn’t wait to find out who this fucker was. To be able to get them back for what they had done would be fantastic. I turned and peered at her; she was completely broken down and diminishing, I could tell. Anyone would be if they had to endure what she did.
Only ting is, I don't know what she endured.
I sighed and sat beside her. She hugged her legs and peered down, she couldn't even give me eye contact. I held her and smoothed down her hair. She was still tense, shaking slightly and her skin was cold.
"Ree..." She finally looked at me; her face pale and dry, the left eye slightly swollen and red, and a busted lip. Her hair remained tangled with split ends. They've done this shit to her. "You can tell me," I whispered, stroking her hand softly. She flinched and closed her eyes. She appeared broken and faint, just like my mum. Look what they've done to her, they fucking disrespected her.
I ain't letting this shit go.
I held her close to me and she sat there silently. I kissed her forehead and laid my head on hers. She seemed weak, light-headed. Her breathing was strange and off-key. She definitely wasn't up for talking right now.
"Why don't you lie down and get some rest, yeah?" She nodded and I pulled the covers back.
She lay down and I lay next to her, pulling the covers back over us to keep her warm. She was shivering and whimpering quietly, it reminded me of Li when she was unstable. But this is Rebecca, and to see her so weak made me more than angry, words couldn't even describe.
"Sleep, Rebecca."
"I can't," she sobbed. She then peered at me with glossy eyes and sniffed back the tears. She was giving me that look; I could tell what she wanted. I leaned closer and kissed her lips softly. She responded and her muscles began to relax. The kiss wasn't the same, she wasn't the same. No effort was put in, her body felt small against mine. After a few minutes I pulled away and moved the hair out her eyes.
"Try and sleep for me," I murmured. She sighed and buried her face in my neck as she snuggled up to me.
I held her close and whispered things to her, letting her know she was safe. When she fell asleep I gnashed my teeth together, feeling my rage bubble up. She had her head laid comfortably on my chest and was holding me like she always did. I moved away and rested her head on the pillow then allowed myself to get up. I left the room and sat on the stairs then got my phone out. The time was 8:49 and already I was raged. I called up Dwane and waited whilst flexing my knuckles. I could feel my temple pumping already.
"Mm, yo..."
"Wake up fam." 
He yawned down the line. "Wah'um?"
"Someone fucking hurt Ree." 
He paused momentarily. "Swear down? Where is she?"
"Sleeping. They abused her D, are they fucking stupid?" My eyes narrowed as I thought about it.
"Who?"
"Don't know but I'ma find out, and when I do..." I cracked my knuckles and closed my eyes for a brief second.
"Boy or girl?"
"Don't care, I'll fucking kill them either way. Do they have sense D? They don't fucking know me!" I clenched my teeth.
"Cool it, Tempz, we'll find this yout init. Did she say anything?"
"She won’t speak, she's traumatised. They don't realise what they've done. I'm gonna end their life D...I'm gonna kill them." I felt my leg shaking involuntarily.
"One of them ones yeah?"
"They kept her somewhere for two days and fucking tortured her. I'm seeing cuts on her arms and bruises on her stomach. Their life ends, come this Sunday, they're gone."
"Aye I hear you...man's gonna come round ina bit yeah."
"Mm."
"Stay calm init, we'll find this prick."
"Cool." I locked off and headed back to my room. She was sound asleep. I watched her and felt my anger build. They messed with the wrong girl. They hurt Rebecca. They're gonna know the deal.
I went to my bottom drawer and saw the gat in the same place, still set to safety. I checked the amount of bullets and breathed heavily. They fucked with Ree then they've officially fucked with me. And to disrespect me like that, they didn't deserve to live. I peered down at the weapon and stared at it, thinking of all the possibilities that would transpire if I were to use it. Marik ain't gonna be the only one wid bullets in his chest.
Whoever hurt Ree, I can assure you...
They're gonna get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment