Sunday 3 November 2013

Chapter twenty-eight

Becca
It's been a couple days and I haven't gone anywhere really, just college. Since spending time at Kayden's I've felt much better. He had taken my mind off it, but that didn't stop me from remembering. When I arrived home though, Uncle Clayton questioned me for lord knows how long; it was like the whole day went past until he had finished with his interview.
Afterwards I decided to finish up on the Media coursework that I had left for a good two months. There was nothing else to do. What better way to waste time than to work? I sighed and finished half an hour later. It turned out the Business work which Tyreece helped me to do was in my drawer. I needed to hand that in tomorrow in fact. I've worked hard on that.
I packed it away and headed downstairs to the kitchen. Diamond was sat at the kitchen table going through girly magazines with pictures of Mindless Behaviour at the front. I went to the fridge and retrieved some apple juice then poured it into a glass. Diamond looked at me curiously.
"You're quiet," she stated. I took a sip and peered at her. Her accent was beginning to fade already.
"Am I?" I questioned.
She nodded. "Like you don't wanna chat to me."
I smiled at that. "Why wouldn't I want to chat to my own cousin?"
"You tell me." She raised a brow suspiciously. "You said you was gonna show me that nice English boy, weh ‘im deh?"
I released a light chuckle. "I'll show you him soon don't worry." She grinned and gave me a thumbs up. I smiled and headed back upstairs into my room.
That was basically my life now: stay in my room, eat, sleep, watch TV, eat, then more sleep. Soon I was lying down under the covers on the phone to Chris, he still wasn't back at college and truthfully Grace had given up. I would have too, the audacity of it all.
"What you doing?" he asked.
I stared up at the ceiling. "The usual."
"Mm, you tired?"
"A little." 
He was silent. "You alright?" 
I raised a brow as if he could see me. "Why wouldn't I be?"
"You sound depressed. From when you haven't cussed me, something's wrong."
I smiled at the allegation. "I'm fine, Chris."
"You sure?"
"Yeah."
"How's Grace?"
"I dunno, why don't you ask her yourself?" 
He sighed. "You know I can't speak to her right now." 
I rubbed the bruise on my stomach. "It's funny how you can talk to me and not her."
"She's gonna cuss me."
"Whose fault is that?"
"I have a good reason, Becc's."
"Mm." I yawned and he chuckled lightly.
"Man will call you later, yeah?"
I breathed deeply. "Okay, cool."
"Later, Becc's." He locked off and I checked the message I had received ten minutes ago from Kayden.
—Tried callin,
Jus checkin ur alright
I lightly flashed a smile then replied.
—I'm fine,
& sorry I was on the phone,
But I'm goin bed, night x  
I pressed send and put my phone on charge. The phone I had at the moment was a Samsung; Andre's old phone. It was ancient—like World War Two times. I couldn't even begin to mention what happened to mine, but all I know is that I need a new one.
The breeze from outside slapped against the window viciously. I felt cold, even with the window closed, something was wrong. The thought of being alone wasn't settling right with me. I hugged myself beneath the covers, wishing Kayden was right next to me; holding my body close to his, feeling his warm sweet breath on the nape of my neck and his soft hands gently caressing my skin...
I breathed deeply and closed my eyes, but I could see the image of Leon staring right at me with wide blank eyes. It made mine shoot open instantly. The thought of him touching me, doing things to me, and torturing me, it was all too much to bear. I didn't want to relive that, let alone dream about it.
I couldn't keep my mind focused, whatever I thought of linked back to Leon. He was like the devil's spawn. He did all those things, showing no remorse or regret. The scariest thing was his eyes: lifeless and empty. I turned onto my back and attempted to think of something else, but there was nothing to think of. College, work, Kayden, Tyreece, Olivia, Hayden...everything was a problem, but not as big a problem as Leon. I felt brave enough to close my eyes again in an attempt to fall asleep. Leon's blank face popped back up and I had a vivid flashback. I opened my eyes quickly and took a deep breath.
"He can't get to me..." I muttered to myself reassuringly.
"Rebecca," Claycia whispered. Almost forgot we shared a room now. She laid there on the pull-out bed, watching me with confused, bleary eyes. "Are you okay?"
I rubbed my face, now frustrated with myself. "I'm fine." I lied.
"You been chattin' to yuhself the past two nights."
I swallowed hard. "I'm thinking aloud... Shouldn't you be asleep?"
"I can't sleep."
I sighed shakily and stared up at the ceiling. "That makes two of us..."
It was lunchtime at college and everyone sat around the table. I played with my sandwich and felt like throwing it at someone. I hated the fact that everyone was questioning me about the cut on my lip and my swollen eye. I had told them all to fuck off and since then no-one so much as spoke to me, but they still glanced at me in a certain way, and it was pissing me off.
"Heard from Chris yet?" Brooklyn asked Grace, who shrugged in response.
"Don't care anymore, he can go do whatever."
"I'm glad he's gone. Saying he fucked my mum in the shower, fucking pussio." Isaac kissed his teeth and drank his Boost drink.
"Ignore him, he'll be back soon. You do care," Jessica smiled.
"I hope he stays far away in Alaska. Wasteman." Isaac screwed.
"He's probably at yours fucking your mum," Gavin said. The boys laughed hysterically. I peered at the clock to see we had half an hour left, and then free period, so I could basically leave.
"Becc's..." I turned to Natalie. "You okay?"
"Why wouldn't I be?"
She shrugged. "Just asking."
I sighed and stood up. They all watched me curiously. "What?" I spat.
"You leaving already?" Fabien questioned.
My screw deepened. "I leave when I want. I ain't got time to sit here and listen to your unnecessary shit." I sneered at them all, grabbed my things, and then walked out the canteen. I headed straight to my Business class and entered. Ms. Ryan's looked up from her paperwork and gave a genuine smile.
"Rebecca, how can I help you?"
"You can't." I put my coursework on the table. "I came to hand this in." She picked it up and flicked through briefly before peering back up at me.
"I'm amazed you actually bothered to complete this." I shrugged. Ms. Ryan's was aware that I hated her, and was always shocked when I considered doing her work. It's just one of those things.
"If it's wrong I don't care," I warned.
She gave me a look. "This is 25% of your final mark; you can't keep having this attitude."
"I can and will, Miss. I tried my best. I'm done." I turned to leave.
"Rebecca, hold on."
I paused and turned back towards her. "I ain't got time for your long lectures that I never listen to."
She stood up and walked to me then stood so we were eye-to-eye. "All of the teachers and I have been talking, and we're very concerned."
I rolled my eyes. "I already said I tried with the work-..."
"No...your eye. It's swollen up pretty bad. Are there problems at home?" I furrowed my brows. I can't believe she was asking me this.
"What's it to you? You aren’t a psychologist; you don't need to know what happens in my life."
"We're all worried Rebecca." I kissed my teeth. "You can trust us, you can trust me. Children go through these kinds of things and never speak up; I'm giving you the opportunity to."
"I'm not a fucking child." I gave her a blank stare.
She sighed heavily. "So there are no problems at home then?"
I screwed her for ages and she stared back, awaiting an answer. I turned on my heel and left. I honestly haven't got time for this shit; I just want to leave this place. As I headed to the office to sign out I bumped into someone with a hood on.
"You have eyes, fucking use them," I sneered, becoming frustrated. The person looked up and my screw became fierce. Shanay glanced back at me with the same deadly glare.
"Pathetic," was all she said. I just walked passed, ignoring her slander. "Tell your man that Hayden's coming."
I froze at the ominous warning. "What do you mean?" I asked with my back to her. 
"You know what I mean. The clock is ticking."
My eyes widened. A sudden fear struck me and I quickly spun around to face her. When I turned back, she was gone. I sighed and shook my head in dismay.
"Fucked up bitch," I muttered.
She was bluffing, and so was that battyman Hayden. He sends empty threats and brings hype for nothing, so I'm not getting involved. I arrived at the office and signed out since lunch was nearly over. I caught the bus to Kayden’s and rang the doorbell. His dad answered dressed in his work clothes. He smiled. I could tell the years had been good to him, he seemed so cheerful.
"Hello, Becc's," he greeted.
I returned his smile. "Is Kayden in?"
"As always." I nodded and stepped inside then he closed the door.
I kicked my Vans off and headed upstairs where I knew he'd be. I went in his room but he wasn't there, instead his clothes were laid out neatly on the bed. That could only mean one thing: he was in the shower.
Oh...Kayden in the shower...
I smiled at the image and removed my jacket. Once I lay on his bed I got under the covers. For some reason I preferred his bed to mine. I dunno whether it was the fact that the sheets smelt of him or it was more comfy, but I loved it. His phone was left on the pillow. I decided to go through it out of boredom. Seen all his pictures already, and music. Only thing left to peek at was his messages and bb pins, but that's long. He knew wayyy too many people.
I went to his Blackberry Messenger and opened it up. He had 57 chats open; the majority of them were boys. I raised a brow. What does he have to talk about with all these people? I opened a chat with someone called Money Bagz and read part of the convo.
Money Bagz SW2:
>Wagwaan Tempz
Tempz | Ree #1:
>Yeah u kl?
Money Bagz SW2:
>Yhyh, saw that message u sent yday
>Wagwaan wid that doh?
Tempz | Ree #1:
>Dnt worry. U still got that gat back at urs?
Money Bagz SW2:
>Yh
Tempz | Ree #1:
>Man might need to borrow tht still
Money Bagz SW2:
>Seen, yh thts calm
Tempz | Ree #1:
>Kl, round yours tomorro at like 8
Money Bagz SW2:
>Aight kl
That was it.
I was speechless. What does Kayden need to borrow a gun for? Well it's obvious, but I don't understand, I didn't want to understand. I sighed and ended the conversation before placing his Blackberry where I had found it. I didn't know what to think. I don't even know if I was disappointed, but I definitely felt shock. No wonder he was part of that business. No wonder he didn't tell me...
He's a thug.
But somehow it didn't bother me. I shrugged and closed me eyes. Last night I didn't fall asleep until 4AM, only to wake up three hours later for college. Leon was constantly on my mind that night; I found it hard to drift off.
I felt safe in Kayden's bed now though, because it was his, and I knew he was nearby. Leon couldn't get to me when Kayden was here. After a few minutes the door opened and I heard him enter the room. I could smell the sweet scent he carried and my stomach twisted in delight.
Leon can't get to me.
I kept my eyes closed and heard his feet move closer to the bed. He smelt so fresh, that soapy floral aroma clouded my nose.
"Ree..."
I smiled at the sound of his husky voice.
Leon can't get to me.
I opened one eye to see him stood before me with a wet body and a towel wrapped around his waist. His broad chest glistened as the droplets of water raced downwards, passing the valley of pacs along the way, before finally dissolving into the towel. His muscles shone from the crystal-like water in the light and gave an almost sweaty appearance. He watched me with a serious face. It suited the look.
"Hi," I muttered feeling sleepy, yet aroused. He was making me tingle.
He leaned over me and kissed me lovingly on the forehead. "You alright?"
I nodded and he forced a smile. Since that fateful encounter Kayden has been tense...like real tense. He always seemed so pissed off, even with me sometimes. Don't blame him, but I felt better now. I wanted him to go back to being sweet, caring Kayden, not the hulk.
I looked over at him to see he was now in his boxers, creaming his skin. I mentally cursed myself for getting distracted while he was fully naked and sighed deeply. He changed into his clothes and sprayed some Lynx on himself before joining me on the bed.
"When did you get here?"
"Few minutes ago."
He rested his head on his hand. "Did my dad leave?" I nodded and moved closer to rest my head on his firm chest. "How was it today?" he asked, lightly tracing his hand up and down my arm.
"Shit. Everyone was pissing me off, especially the teachers. I had to get out of there." I sighed deeply as I recalled Ms. Ryan’s words. I hate when people tried to get involved in my business!
"Aww b." He kissed my nose, causing a smile to break out on my lips.
"I don't even wanna go back home."
"Stay the night. My parents won't mind." I nodded and watched him. His jawbone was clenched and his heart pumped oddly fast. The veins of his temple pulsed in intervals.
He was angry.
"Kayden, calm down," I warned.
He looked at me and chuckled lightly. "I am calm," he insisted. I rolled my eyes and decided to ignore his Hulk tendencies. "Want anything?"
"I just want you. I wanna be safe."
"You're always safe with me, Ree, you know that," he whispered.
I closed my eyes and breathed deeply. He rubbed my back and it soothed my thoughts. I've always been independent, like I didn't need anyone else to confide in. Now all of a sudden I can't leave Kayden's side. It's as if he was the only one I needed in order to survive. He kept me rooted to the earth; he was the only one keeping me sane. I wish I could go back to how I was, but I can't help but think that he's after me now, and it may take awhile for me to get back to normal. Until then, Kayden's my rock.
"You can't leave me," I uttered.
"I don't plan to," he replied softly. I opened my eyes to witness him staring right at me with heartfelt eyes. "You tired?"
"Not really."
He fiddled with my fingers and I gawked at him. That forsaken mood was appearing. He just kept watching me while licking those lips every few seconds, making the dimple appear. He moved his face closer and kissed my neck gently.
"Guess what I've got for you," he whispered on my skin. 
My heart thumped. I swallowed hard. What?" He smiled and got up off the bed then headed to his wardrobe. He opened it up and began searching around the back, sticking his batty in the air. I smiled. "What is it?" I asked curiously.
He picked up what seemed to be a plastic bag and closed his wardrobe shut before joining me back on the bed. I moved closer anxiously and he pushed the bag towards me. Not that I had a phobia of bags or anything, but I remember what happened the last time he gave me a bag, which ended in pleasurable foreplay. I watched him closely and he nodded, giving me the heads up. I pulled out the medium-sized box to see it was a phone...a Samsung Galaxy phone...
I slowly peered up at Kayden, who had an impish grin on his face.
"W-What is this?" I stuttered.
"What does it look like?" I stared into his eyes and his smile widened.
"You bought me a phone?" He did his infamous sideways smirk, which I hadn't seen in ages.
"Of course," he answered softly.
I glanced at the box, remembering the time I tried to bribe Kieran so I could actually buy the phone, and now it was here in my hands. He edged closer.
"Contract, 3000 minutes, free internet," he said in my ear.
"How did you pay for this?"
"Money." I gave him a look and he laughed.
"That's not what I meant. But seriously, you didn't have to."
"I did." I looked back towards him and he smiled weakly. I then hugged him with a tight, firm grip, inhaling his delicious scent.
"Thanks prick," I whispered.
He laughed and rubbed my back. "You haven't called me that in weeks," he replied.
"I know."
He stared me in the eyes and tenderly kissed me on the lips before licking his own. "There's something else in there."
I shook my head. "I don't wanna look yet."
"Are you sure?" I nodded and kissed him fully without hesitation. I just wanted to feel his lips on mine; I wanted to reward him for all that he's done for me. I know that he cared, I know how he felt...now was his chance to show it.
He responded and moved his lips slowly, now captivated in the heated kiss. I gradually climbed on top so I was straddling him and held his neck. He opened his mouth, causing mine to do the same, and then stroked my tongue with his. Even though we've kissed many times before, my heart was still racing as if it was the very first time. He slithered his hands around my waist and pulled away slowly.
"I take it you like the phone?"
I nodded, panting. He cupped my bum, giving it a gentle squeeze and licked his lips. Argh...
My breathing changed and the air thickened with passion and lust. We kissed again, and I couldn't help but crave for more. He gripped onto my thighs and stood up, flipped me over, then landed on the bed again so that he was on top. He lay between my legs, deepening the kiss. I wrapped my legs around his waist, pulling him closer towards me in desperation. I didn't want to let him go.
The atmosphere was perfect right now; I didn't want to ruin it. If I was told a few months ago that we'd be doing this on a regular basis, I wouldn't believe it for a second. In fact, I'd beat up the prick that’d be brave enough to tell me. But I never knew it would feel so...right with Kayden. Everything with him felt appropriate—natural. It's as if he planted some kind of attraction spell on me, one that I couldn't break free from.
He smoothed my hair down and broke the kiss to move onto my neck instead. I swallowed hard and opened my eyes as he nibbled on my skin. I gasped at the sensation and he smirked against my collarbone. I ran my hands over his taut back then all the way down to his jeans. I felt his zipper and began to pull it down, but was stopped by him immediately.
"What are you doing?"
I breathed deeply and felt overwhelmed. "I want you to..." I whispered.
He gave me a look and shook his head. "Nah, Ree."
"Why not, I'm ready." I ground my hips against him suggestively.
He shook his head. "You're not."
"I am. I wanna do this with you."
He stared at me for what seemed like ages, then bent down and pecked me softly on the lips. "I'm not gonna take advantage of you," he declared.
"You won't be. I'm giving you my consent. I'm ready."
"You think you are. It's what that bullshitter's done to you; they've made you think this."
I frowned slightly and turned away from his gaze and looked elsewhere. "It's got nothing to do with that."
"It has, they've fucked up your mind. You’re convincing yourself that this is what you need. I’m not doing anything like that when you’re like this."
"Like what!"
He released a long sigh. "You're still shaken up, now isn't the time. Do you understand?"
My face softened. "You always say how much you care and how much you love me...prove it."
He watched me silently and brought his face closer. He stroked my face with tender hands and rested his forehead against mine. "This is me proving it," he whispered.
I looked away and sighed in annoyance. "Okay."
I thought he cared for me, I thought he'd actually want this. I was willing to do it, but now he's just thrown it back in my face.
He brushed my hair back with his fingers and gazed at me, deep in thought. "Say something."
I turned back to witness his eyes peering deep into mine. He seemed truly sorry. But it's cool. When the time comes I was prepared to reject him, just like he's rejecting me right now.
"I'm thirsty," I muttered.
His sighed and got up, then left the room. I turned on my side and pulled the covers over my head. I wanted to be alone right now, yet I wanted Kayden close to me again...I don't even know what I want. I confused myself. I just wanted to get away from all of this. Life was good before but now its shit, and the atmosphere just wasn't the same. I closed my eyes and shivered. I felt so cold yet I had on three layers of clothing. A few minutes later I heard him enter the room again, he sat on the edge of the bed.
"Got your drink," he announced.
"I don't want it anymore," I muttered from under the quilt.
He breathed deeply and pulled the covers back slightly. "Is that how you're gonna act with me now?" He glared, unimpressed.
"No." I shivered again and he gave me a look.
"You cold?" I nodded. He went over to his cupboard and pulled out an extra thick quilt then spread it over the bed.
"Thanks," I said. He sat back in his original spot on the edge and watched me. I stared back and knew he was thinking negative thoughts; not about what had just happened, but so much more than that.
"What am I gonna do with you, Ree?" be mused with a sigh before putting his head in his hands.
"I ask myself that every day. I’m just trying to forget everything and move on."
He turned to me, a firm top lip and a hard, angry face. "You think I'm not?"
"I didn't say that."
He kissed his teeth. "Right now there's someone out there and they've hurt you...they've done this shit you, yet they're still walking the streets innocently."
I sighed and shook my head. "I don't wanna talk about it-..."
"They hurt you and got away with it." He came closer on the bed. "Do you know how much pleasure I'd get from ending their life? Tie them up by their ankles, bash their head with a baseball bat then set them on fire and watching them burn slowly?" I gulped and felt intimidated by his expression.
"Kayden..." He cracked his knuckles and I peered up at the ceiling, releasing a deep breath. "What's done is done, there's no going back," I said.
"For every problem, there's a solution."
I shifted my eyes in his direction. "What's that supposed to mean?"
"They're the problem, I'm the solution."
I sat up and stared at him. "You're not gonna..." I began. He gave me a look that confirmed my thoughts. "You can't," I sputtered.
He glared at me, now even more irritated. "You don't know what I'm capable of." His tone was sinister and threatening. He almost seemed like a different person.
"It's dangerous, just stay out of it-..."
"I'M NOT STAYING OUT OF SHIT!" I jumped and froze. He stood up and began pacing the room, breathing heavily as he did so. I watched him closely and felt my heart rate increase. I found my eyes narrowing.
"You don't have to shout."
He looked at me with fierce eyes. "You don't fucking understand do you? This person held you captive and did things to you, things you can't even tell me. Am I gonna sit here like a dickhead and allow that to happen?"
"I'm fine now."
"I don't care," he snarled.
"You're creating more work for yourself, you won't find them."
He stopped in his tracks and laughed. "You wanna bet?"
I made a frustrated noise then stood up. "I can look after myself. I don't need you or anyone else to do anything for me!"
He paused and stared at me wide-eyed. I breathed heavily in frustration. Course I need him, but I can't allow him to get caught up in the mess I had created. There's no way I'd allow him to get involved in this. His chest rose and fell angrily. He then advanced me slowly, almost in a threatening manner.
"You fucking need me, Ree. Who knows what could have happened to you. You know how long I spent looking? Three fucking days they had you! Now you wanna put it aside like it's something minor? Things like this don't pass easily without me getting involved!"
"Argh, just fuck off!"
"What if you didn't get out? What, you think you was gonna get pampered, yeah? They would've fucking killed you, Ree. They'd do it and feel no way. Then what? You'd be dead like your mum! Is that what you fucking want?!"
Freeze.
I stood still and gaped at him in shock and horror. His breathing eventually slowed and he calmed down. He noticed my expression and realised what he had just said. Then his face softened.
"Ree..." I went to his chair, picking up my jacket up where I had left it. I felt his eyes on me as I slid my jacket on and zipped it up. "Where are you going?"
"Home," I spat bluntly. I headed for the door but he got in the way.
"Wait, I'm sorry," he said quickly. I gave him a blank stare, unfazed. He rested his hand on my arm, I flinched.
"Don't touch me," I warned.
"Don't go, I'm sorry." He held me close and rested his forehead on mine. "I didn't mean any of it, stay," he whispered pleadingly. He kissed my lips softly and looked me in the eyes.
"You need to calm down," I retorted, feeling my anger subside.
"I am now." He unzipped my jacket and lightly pushed it off of my shoulders. "It won't happen again, just stay, yeah?" I slowly nodded. He sighed and hugged me tight. "I'm sorry, Ree."

Kayden

When I woke up the following morning it was early. I stretched and sighed, then remembered...work. I rubbed my face and tutted. Fuck man, that's all kinds of long. I looked beside me to see Ree facing the other way with her back facing me, fast asleep. Still felt bad about what happened yesterday, but it wasn't on purpose. I'd hate to see her upset, then to find out I was the cause of it. I need to watch what I say from now on. I placed my arm around her waist and kissed her neck softly.
"Mmm," she grunted.
"Rise and shine, beautiful," I whispered in her ear.
"No."
I laughed and leaned over her to look at her face. She was beautiful even when she slept. Well, she was awake, but still. I kissed her cheek and moved down to her neck, sucking it gently and causing her to sigh. She twitched as I ran my hand down her thigh.
"Kayden..." She gasped. I moved my lips to her shoulder and kissed it softly.
"You staying here?" She nodded. I got up and opened the curtains to see the ground covered in snow. I raised a brow. The fuck did this happen? I grabbed my towel then got in the shower.
Half an hour later I was ready. I slid my jacket and Tims on then put my Adidas bag over my shoulder. Ree had fallen back asleep. I kissed her forehead and went downstairs. Mum was in the kitchen preparing tea whilst Zaine made cereal.
"Have you seen outside?" I asked him.
"Yeah," he answered.
"And you're still going school?"
"Yup."
I nodded slowly and looked at mum. "Where's dad?"
"Gone to see your grandma."
"Alright, I'll be back later." She nodded and I left the house after grabbing my hat and keys off the hook. To say it was cold was an understatement, it was fucking freezing! Wearing bare layers obviously didn't do shit. I dug my hands in my pockets till I got to my car. Had to scrape all the snow off of S.A.C.H.A, which made my hands even colder. Fuck winter man; pisses me off. I got in and started the engine then began to drive. I arrived later than expected, the snow init.
I went to the staffroom to see Natasha sat at the table reading the newspaper. She saw me and smiled.
"Hey," she greeted cheerfully.
I smiled and opened my locker. "You alright?"
"Yeah, just on break. It's bloody cold out there. Did you get caught up in the traffic?"
"Yeah, that snows deep."
She nodded in agreement. "I actually wasn't gonna come in today."
I laughed. "Should’ve stayed home."
"Yeah." She smiled and watched me.
Natasha was cool, quite sexy, very friendly and that. Well wid me anyway. Her and Nathan don't get along too tough, I recently discovered that they were cousins. She's nice and everything but she's like 26. I put my things in the locker and closed it.
"Some guy came here for you earlier." she announced quietly.
I looked at her. "Who?"
"I think his name was Hayden." I raised an eyebrow. The fuck is that? "He said to let you know he stopped by. It seemed quite important." 
"What time?"
"It was literally 15 minutes ago, you basically just missed him."
I nodded and slid my Footlocker shirt on. "Safe." She smiled and I left the staffroom.
Who's Hayden?
I don't know any Hayden's. Name isn’t familiar, didn't ring any bells. Ahh fuck him, got more important things to worry about. Like who hurt Rebecca. I still ain't letting that go, not until I find them and break their skull. I went to the stock room to see Nathan marking the boxes. He looked at me and nodded.
"Cool."
"Yeah." I spudded him and he put the marker down.
"How's Riana?" he asked. I gave him a look. The way this yout was tryna get with my cousin, he should allow it.
"Suck out."
He laughed. "You still pissed? I ain’t trying anythin' Tempz."
She wasn't a little girl anymore; she'd matured and developed assets. Boys need to stay far away; I'd find each and every one of them and slit their throat. Even though we were the same age, I always watched over her. She's had trouble with boys in the past; I wouldn't want to murder Nathan next.
"Man's not stupid Nathan, I'm a boy aswell, I know you look at her in a certain way. Leave her, I'll kill you."
He laughed. "Big man ting, we're just friends." 
"You're my boy, but make her the slightest bit upset, I will drown you." I gave him a blank, serious stare. He nodded slowly and we got a couple boxes then left the stock room. We set them down on the bench, and then he turned to me.
"Who's Hayden blud?" he asked with a confused look. Argh, this same yout.
I shook my head. "Dunno anyone wid that name."
"He seemed to know you though."
I raised a brow. "Did you talk to him?"
"Yeah, said you and him had business to sort out."
"Nah, he's chatting shit."
He shrugged. "Maybe you just don't remember him by name." He grabbed a few boxes and I dealt with the rest.
"I'd know him by name, trust me," I said, peering around. It wasn't packed like it usually was. As a matter of fact, it was quite empty. See when people can't be bothered to come out their yard? Yet I'm stuck in here working 8 hours, for what? I kissed my teeth and Nathan looked at me oddly.
"What?"
I shook my head again. "Nothing."
Few hours later people started coming in. Mr Herman was nowhere to be seen, think he ran off somewhere. I was sat on the counter taking my own ten minute break, there were nuff boxes and I couldn't be bothered. I was talking with Natasha, who was just as bored as I was.
"Where's Rebecca?" she enquired.
"Resting."
"Is she alright?"
"Yeah, she's cool. Just needs some time off."
She groaned. "I dunno how she does it."
"What?"
"Stay behind this counter all day. I really dunno how she puts up with it."
I laughed. "She hates it."
"So do I. Where's Mohammed when you need him?" She kissed her teeth and fiddled with her ring, which rested on her wedding finger.
"You married?" I asked.
She laughed and shook her head. "It's useful there," she muttered, referring to her ring.
"How?"
"When different men ask me if I'm with someone I just show the finger, they fuck right off. Works every time."
I chuckled. "One of them ones, yeah?"
She nodded and smiled. "I'm just waiting for the right one to come along," she claimed, looking right at me.
I nodded. "You're still young, no rush."
"I know. All my friends say I'm beautiful and that, they don't understand why I'm not clinging on a man’s arm yet."
"Sometimes it takes some people longer than others to find the right one."
"Yeah, I think I have someone in mind though." She smiled at me and rested her hand on mine. I nodded slowly and glanced at her hand, then back towards her. Mr Herman came from the office and gave me a knowing look. I screwed him in return.
"I'll be back yeah?"
"Okay." I hopped off the counter and went back to the shelves.
I'm not stupid, I see the signs and subliminal messages Natasha throws my way. Fuck that, she's like 8 years older than me. Don't care how curvy she is, how fat her ass is—and I like the ass—it’s never going to happen. I opened box 3 and brought out all the high-tops. This is long. Stacey's meant to do this, she got out while she still could, leaving me to do this shit.
"Excuse me," I heard. I turned and saw 3 young girls, 2 of which were smiling at me.
"How can I help you, ladies?" I asked.
"Could I have this in a size 5 please?" one asked holding up a pair.
I nodded. "Wait here yeah?" She handed them to me and I went through the back doors into the stock room. I searched the right tag and found them in a size 5, then headed back over to them. I gave the box to her and smiled politely.
"Thanks," she beamed.
"No problem." I gave a polite smile and she went to sit down on the bench to try them on.
I got back to work and helped Nathan with more boxes. Long story short work was a fuckery, I couldn't wait to get out of there. After having some 15 minute chat wid Mr. Herman concerning a pay rise, I went to the staffroom to collect my things.
"Finished already?" I turned and saw Natasha stood by the sink, peering at me inquisitively.
"Yeah, need to get out of here man."
She laughed. "You're such a light-weight. How can I start before you and finish later than you?"
I shrugged and shut the locker door. "You must be more dedicated than you think." She smiled and I slid my bag on. "See you tomorrow, yeah?"
She grinned and waved. "Bye Kayden."
I left the staff room and said cool to a couple heads before leaving. I got in my car and started the engine.
"So fucking cold." I kissed my teeth in frustration. Should’ve tief'd Zaine's gloves. I felt my phone vibrate and answered.
"Babycakes."
She giggled. "You still call me that?"
"Yeah man, that's your name init?"
"I could have sworn my name is Aaliyah?"
"Not anymore." She laughed. "You alright though?"
"Yeah, erm, just wondering when you'll be coming to see my new flat?" 
I checked the time. "Soon b, what you doing?"
"Just settling in, it's really nice here. I'm glad I actually made a change." 
I smiled at how happy she sounded. "That's good. You're away from that prick."
"Yeah. Apparently our dads have gone off somewhere?" 
I raised a brow. "Where?" I wound the window down to get rid of the frost and turned the heating up.
"I dunno but I heard him telling mum before I left." I spotted some yout across the road staring at me. I stared back, wondering what drugs he was on; must've given him a lot of confidence to screw me like that.
"Isit?" I returned the screw.
"Yeah, they had another row again. It was so annoying; I left earlier than I should have."
"Mm."
"You'd think since I was leaving they'd tone it down a little. But no, apparently I'm 'growing up too quickly' he says. Obviously my mum’s gonna disagree, cos if I'm ready to move then I should be able to." The yout continued to stand there and watch man. "So they get into some big row and I'm thinking to myself fuck it, so I left."
"Wait; hold on, I'll call you back yeah?"
"Oh okay."
I locked off and continued to have a stare war with this wasteman. I didn't even recognise him. I felt like approaching him and fucking him up. What's he on? He did a distinct gesture with his hands before finally walking off. I kissed my teeth and started driving.
I got home and opened the door with my keys. The house was silent. I threw my bag down on the table and kicked off my Tims. I went to the kitchen and made myself a drink before heading upstairs to change. Ree sat on my bed holding her brand new phone. She saw me and smiled.
"Yo."
I laughed and threw my hat down. "You alright?"
She nodded. "How was work without me?"
"Shit." She laughed and I sat on the bed beside her. "You getting used to it?" I asked, referring to the phone.
She nodded triumphantly. "I'm the female boss, so of course."
I raised a brow. "What happened to female don?"
She shrugged. "I prefer boss now."
"Nah, I like don."
"Your opinion doesn't matter."
I laughed. "Have you got my number?"
"Yahh trick yahh." I laughed. She's so fucking strange, but I'd prefer this to mentally depressed. I lay back and watched her.
"Where's my mum at?"
"Gone food shopping I think."
"Ah, alright."
Suddenly she climbed on top of me and smiled. I watched her and she bent down, kissing me fully on the lips. I responded and held her round the waist. Lately I've realised that she's been on it, like yesterday. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't. I always knew when Ree wasn't feeling 100%, and it was gonna take some time before she was back to normal—so no deep loving until then. She shouldn't have to force herself to please me; her presence was more than enough.
I gently caressed her thigh and slid my tongue in her mouth. The way she was sat directly on my piece was getting me hard. Few minutes later she pulled away and I licked my lips.
"What was that for?"
"As a thank you. I saw what else was in the bag." I laughed. I take it she saw the Drake concert tickets then.
"Look after them," I warned.
"One step ahead of you. They're in my bra."
I smiled. "Nice." She laughed and paused. I was sure that she could feel my hardened piece. She gave me a conniving smile.
"Turned on are we?"
"Allow me, Ree."
She smiled and I noticed the bruise on her cheek. My smile wavered and I became pissed off just by seeing it. Just a reminder of what's happened to her over the past few days, and what I haven't done to solve the problem. Me sat here wasn't helping anything at all. It's about time I end that prick's life, otherwise I won't be happy. I turned her over so I was on top and smirked.
"You know I care about you." I kissed her neck gently. She nodded as I combed my fingers through her hair. "I'd never hurt you."
"You never do," she replied softly.
I kissed her neck in the same spot and sucked on it. She gasped quietly and held onto me tight. I went back to kissing her then tenderly sucking on her bottom lip. She was getting that sultry look in her eye. I pulled away and stared at her. Her breathing had changed and her eyes craved for more. I lightly traced my fingers on her arm, causing her to shiver.
"I wanna ask you something."
She blinked up at me in curiosity. "What?"
I bent my head and pecked her on the lips, then shifted down to her throat. I laid gentle kisses on her neck, causing her to sigh deeply.
"You have to give me the right answer," I warned. "Can you do that?" She nodded without hesitation. I continued to kiss her all over, making her sigh in the sexiest ways imaginable. "Boy or girl?" I asked against her throat. She knew exactly what I meant.
"Boy," she uttered faintly. So it's a boy, yeah?
This should be interesting.
I smiled and ran my hand down her thigh. "You have nice legs," I whispered, admiring the smoothness of her thigh. "The boy; did he touch your legs?"
"No."
"Did he touch you anywhere else?" She remained silent. I traced my hand up her stomach and kissed the spot behind her ear. "What's his name?" 
She shook her head. "I don't remember."
"Mm, you sure?" She nodded almost certain.
I ran my tongue over her collarbone, at the same time sliding my fingers down to the waistband of her Nike tracksuit. I kissed her jawbone and pushed my hand through. Her body stiffened.
"I can make you feel nice, Ree. I'll give you what you want." I eased my hand into her knickers and her body shivered. "Tell me the truth and we can do this," I whispered in her ear. She trembled as I played with her. I was breaking through to her gradually. She sighed and gripped onto my arm tight, her eyes now wielded shut.
"A-Ahh..." she moaned quietly. I circled her clit with my thumb and sucked on her neck.
"Imagine the real thing, Rebecca. Imagine how it would feel, and I'd do it for you." She gritted her teeth. "Just tell me his name," I urged.
"W-Wait..." she sighed and her grip tightened.
"Think about all those dreams. Wouldn't you want that for real? I'm ready if you are." I bit onto her earlobe lightly and pushed a finger through. I hadn't prepped her enough but she was soaked already. She gasped and dug her nails into my arm.
"I...I..." she breathed.
"You what? Tell me." She began to pant.
"Oh my God," she whispered.
"All you have to do is tell me, then you can have it." I twisted my finger. She balled her other hand into a fist and chewed on her lower lip. The sight was amazing.
"Kaydennn..." she whined.
"What's his name, Ree?"
"L..." she sighed.
"Say it." I pushed my finger deeper.
Her back arched and she groaned. "Ahh, shit..."
"Tell me and we can do this." I added another finger and pushed them both deeply. Her body quivered and she attempted to shut her legs, but I spread them wider and continued pumping my fingers into her.
"Please," she begged.
"This is what you wanted, init?" She threw her head back and groaned quietly. At this rate she was gonna cum any minute.
"Kayden..." she panted.
"Be a good girl and tell me, Rebecca." She clamped down on her lip. I quickened the pace of my fingers and she writhed beneath me. I kissed her neck softly and brought my lips close to her ear. "I'll reward you if you do." She hissed through her teeth and I pressed down on her clit with my thumb.
"Ah, shit! Leon! It was Leon!" she yelped breathlessly. I stopped and removed my fingers. I got up and left her panting on the bed. 
That's all I needed to know. 
Leon yeah? Swear down, he was the unluckiest yout I knew. Every day his name popped up. He doesn't fucking learn does he? Her ex, I was sure of it. I headed to the bathroom and cleaned myself up then smiled as I headed for my drawer. The irony of this was funny, I couldn't help but laugh. She breathed heavily and sat up.
"Kayden?"
I opened the second one and got out a few tings. "Yeah?"
"Don't do anything," she panted.
I turned to her as I slid on my Vans.. "I won't b."
She rolled over onto her side and her eyes began to close. "Where are you going?" she muttered, yawning loudly. I had managed to tire her out. I smirked.
"Just gonna see a friend, don't worry." She gave me a look, completely unconvinced. I approached the bed and reached down to kiss her on the lips. "I promise I won't do anything."
She suppressed another yawn. "Really?"
I nodded. "I'll be back, yeah?"
She studied my face for a few seconds. "I still feel..."
"Turned on?" She peered away sheepishly, causing me to smile. Shy Ree was back.
"Yeah, that."
"Then wait for me. I'll be back shortly." I kissed her forehead. "Don't fall asleep."
She nodded. "I won't."
I put my hoody on, grabbed my keys, then left. When I got in the car I retrieved my phone and belled Kyle. It rang a few times before he answered.
"Yoo Tempz."
"Yeah, you at home?"
"Yeah, why?"
"I'm on my way init."
"Oh seen. I'll see you in abit."
"Later." I locked off and started the car up.
Gonna pick up this gat then it's on. I laughed at the thought of his death. After all the searching and investigating, it was finally time to end this.
I have plans for this yout.
Leon, I'm coming for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment